Diablo® III

What is needed to do MP3 speed farmng?

Hello. I have been farming mp0 for some time now, about using vault and Multishot. But Mp3 takes much much longer.

I heard that mp3 is way more rewarding lootwise than mp0 (bonus item drops, more mf) but requires better gear to do it as fast as mp0.

Any idea how much more gear I need to speed farm mp3 like mp0 or close to mp0?

Is 400m enough? And what should I be spending that gold on?
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you for your response. Any specific things I should aim to buy with 400m to reach your level of clearing?
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
How much AR is enough? Aside from some MF gear I have on now, I try to get it on every slot. I can get up towards 700 or 800. But it makes DPS hard to come by. Is settling for 500 enough?
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am at 400k DPS and my MP0 and MP3 speed runs differ by about 15% time-wise. To get to the point where time is identical... Perhaps around 1M DPS.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
So basically its impossible to hit similar timings. Which resets the question to why farm mp3 instead of MP0?

@OPnoob Have you done mp0 as well? If so, what are your loot experiences? I am not sure how 15% time diff will pay off in better loot. Is there better loot?
Reply Quote
If you're farming for loot and not just exp, I think you should probably be doing at least MP1. I know it's incredibly low, but you get a percent chance of a bonus item for each monster killed.

Oh crap, just looked at it and it's at 1% for MP1, but 17% for MP3.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Monster_Power
Reply Quote
So basically its impossible to hit similar timings. Which resets the question to why farm mp3 instead of MP0?

@OPnoob Have you done mp0 as well? If so, what are your loot experiences? I am not sure how 15% time diff will pay off in better loot. Is there better loot?

Calculations must be done in order to determine what is the minimum time difference that is acceptable. Probability of drop% VS. number of mobs killed per unit time. I would guess that a 15% time difference between MP0 and MP3 would warrant farming in MP3 but someone else could do the math. I personally switch it up anywhere from MP1-MP5. I've had good luck in MP2.
Reply Quote
Try this:
300 res (not important at all, since you got insane heal from globes)
50k+ HP
200k+ dps unbuffed
trail of cinders (very important)
1-3 pickup radius gear
vengeance+stalker
focused mind

That's the fastest build for my mp3 run.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]