Diablo® III

Lag

anyone else experiencing lag --- the website is very slow and it takes 10minutes to log into the game, and if i get it the ms is between 500 and 1000. did a speedtest and dl is 25mbps and ping is 5ms so i dont see a problem there. also not having issues with any other website or game..

thnx
Reply Quote
is this lag experience is chronic ?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Fathme,

In looking at your account info and connection history, I'd have to assume you're on Verizon FIOS, is that correct? If so, take a look at this thread over on our World of Warcraft forum. We're collecting trace routes from users like you in order to see if we can help Verizon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864916450
Reply Quote
the website has been slow the past few days, but in-game no, i rarely get disconnected or if ever experience lag. it just started happening today. as of right now it takes a good 2minutes for it to "initialize" to press the play button to even start the game up, if i get to the character screen is just sits there, left it for 5minutes loading and just alt f4ed guessing the lag was that bad.
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. Lagging badly in game as of last night and still today, ping jumps to over 900 from normally 190. I lag out every 1-2 mins or so for about 5sec in game.

So frustrating ... from Aust
Edited by Davtorious#1393 on 2/8/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
hey Omrakos, thanks for the reply so fast! im heading over there as i type this.

but it may take awhile....cant get to that web address, but ill keep tying..
Reply Quote
Davtorious, Looks like a connexion issue that i had in the past.

If lag occur again, pause the game and try to test your connexion speed.

190ms doesn't look very fast if it is the best ping you can have.
Edited by EstiDeKaliss#1449 on 2/8/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
and yes i do have verizon fios

just something weird i noticed.... i usually get stuck loading a webpage, but if i just press the back button and then the foward one page it loads the page instantly. strange..
Reply Quote
Same issue here...but Bell is my ISP. Maybe they route through Fios...I dunno. I'm not good with network stuff.
Reply Quote
Omrakos,

I have FIOS and am experiencing the issues many others are describing. I've had FIOS techs out to my location as well as many calls into support to no avail. Should I post my info on the WoW forum post even though I no longer play WoW? Is Blizzard collecting any information on the D3 forums that I have not seen? I've been struggling with this for about 2 weeks now and it makes the game almost unplayable.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Makaze,

They're collecting it all in that thread, it doesn't really matter which game you're playing. We've just started seeing the reports from Wow players mostly, that's why it's there.

I think it may have to do with which realm/battlegroup you're connecting to and thus the path your packets are taking. I use FIOS at home and I've not seen any problems at all but I connect to the West Coast group.
Reply Quote
Got it. I guess I'll start collecting data and post it there as well. Thanks for the reply!
Reply Quote
Makaze,

They're collecting it all in that thread, it doesn't really matter which game you're playing. We've just started seeing the reports from Wow players mostly, that's why it's there.

I think it may have to do with which realm/battlegroup you're connecting to and thus the path your packets are taking. I use FIOS at home and I've not seen any problems at all but I connect to the West Coast group.

I can't post it in that thread, I have no WoW account.

durrr....
Reply Quote
this semi-fixed the issue, now ill be fine about 75% of the time but the lag "spikes" are just insane got me killed on my 42 barb on bilial twice..ms will go through the roof in a matter of seconds from 100 to a thousand then back down then back up and so on
Reply Quote
Fathme,

That is exactly the same thing I'm seeing as well. I'm contacting FiOS support for the 5th time about this, also contacted them on their @VerizonSupport twitter feed and they are looking into this as well. There are quite a few people posting on the Verizon FiOS support forums too...poor download speeds and poor connection during peak hours....going on 2 weeks of this for some of us. :/
Reply Quote
yep, if you look at the link omrakos posted there's a boat load of people having this issue.. seems to be in the ny region..sigh
Reply Quote
Same problem here in Australia
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]