Diablo® III

Windows 8 compatible?

This is not a debate of "build your own pc" I don't have the time or pc knowledge anymore to do that.

So my PC crashed and burned last week, and thus I need a new one. Everywhere I have been looking online for pre-built comes with Win8...newegg, cyberpower, dell, etc (canadian shipping). And I have been read a few topics that D3 doesn't work that well on Win8, is this true or are these isolated incidents? I can get the machine built locally but it will cost me $300-400 more for the exact same system I can get online, only difference is Win7 vs 8.
Reply Quote
i personally would hold on windows 8, i had a bad experience upgrading from win 7 to 8 and it corrupted my HDD not allowing me to shut down the computer and fried the computer so gg to that

theres no deal difference having used the two to answer the question
Edited by Fathme#1690 on 2/8/2013 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
There are no problems with Windows 8 and D3 that I have experienced. I have 3 PC's at home running Windows 8, via upgrades from Win7 or fresh install and D3 works on all of them.

I have done a fresh D3 install as well as copying the D3 folders from another PC and everything has worked seamlessly every time.

The only thing to look out for is that you should get the newest driver updates for all your hardware as older drivers can cause some issues with D3 and Windows 8.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]