Diablo® III

HC players forum

Today was the first time i click on the hardcore tab out of curiosity. All i can say is man you guys got big webos! After reading a few topic here i must say i'm intrigue!

Looks like tonight will be my first time trying out HC.

Any advice from veteran HC players on here would be much appreciated. I read the FAQ on this forum, but i'm sure advice from you guys will worth alot more.

Wish me luck!
Cheers!
Reply Quote
Looks like tonight will be my first time trying out HC.

Any advice from veteran HC players on here would be much appreciated.

First time ever HC? Good to hear.

First off, you're already dead. Just tell yourself that as soon as you click the button that tells you about permanent death. You're not accepting that you can die from anything, you're accepting that you're already dead.

1.0.7 is going to change a lot of level methods in regards to MP and the boost in exp it's all getting, but for now I found that leveling at MP5 is the best of both worlds. Better drops and exp gain, but not so over the top in terms of monster health and damage that it takes forever to make any progress.

Resist the urge to buy HC gold with your SC gold. HC is a very different experience, from beginning to end (HC actually has an end). You know the game already, you know what money can buy. You're starting from scratch here, make the most of the new experience. Just my opinion, but there ya go.

Defensive abilities are your friend. You already know this, but coming from SC may make putting the knowledge into practice a bit more difficult. If you don't have an escape method you will die. Not if, when.

Beware the laggerwocky.
Have fun.
And, of course, good luck :D
Reply Quote
Welcome!

Yes this is a great mode/community. As for a tip just make sure your on par with your Vit/All res up to par. I tried hc and never wanted to go back to sc, the rush you get when your about to die is really awesome and keeps you coming back for more!

Good luck and stay safe.
Reply Quote
All i can say is man you guys got big webos!

What's a webo?

In any case, welcome to HC!
Reply Quote
First off, you're already dead. Just tell yourself that as soon as you click the button that tells you about permanent death. You're not accepting that you can die from anything, you're accepting that you're already dead.

Holy moly.....Maybe i should just play like a sissy and hit and run style?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Sunshine
[quote]All i can say is man you guys got big webos!

What's a webo?

Hmm kinda represents our manliness? not sure if i can say it in english or not might get in trouble with blizzard.
Reply Quote
Take your time and dont get too attached to a character or an item. In hardcore it can all be gone in the blink or an eye. Sometimes its your poor play and sometimes its not. Enjoy the ride because the character in most cases is just a temperary fling not a long term relationship.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Good luck, Hammer! Today another brave warrior joins our ranks!
Reply Quote
Just have fun, don't get too attached. Enjoy the rush of near death experiences, but accept that one day this character is very likely to. It might even be out of your control, why you die.

Play in groups to help with disconnection and lag problems.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Araxom

WOAH holy crap! a blue in my post!

Thanks Araxom! Cheers !!!
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Thehammer
Hmm kinda represents our manliness? not sure if i can say it in english or not might get in trouble with blizzard.

Ooooohh. Huevos. Got it. Balls.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Sunshine

Ooooohh. Huevos. Got it. Balls.

lol my bad..spelled it wrong.
Reply Quote
Welcome to Hardcore, where your primary stat is Vitality.

haha, no, people used to say that months ago. That's not the case any more.

But still, obviously you're focusing on surviving more than you did in SC.

Make sure, once you reach late NM and Hell, that you have a way of getting out of surrounds. If you look at my characters, they all have ways out of surround. My DH has vault, my Barb has Gangway, my Monk has Tempest Rush, and my Wizard has Teleport.

Also, glhf! Definitely don't get too caught up in playing like a sissy with super defense and no damage. I mean, we're still trying to kill monsters, right? Remember, the best defence is a good balance between defense and offense.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Thehammer

He has apparently become our mascot of sorts today, I like him, I shall call him George =p
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bottle
Remember, the best defence is a good balance between defense and offense.

I thought the saying was the best defense is a good offense
=p
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Thehammer

Oh hey Axarom, you said your work based in irvine. I work for a company that builded the 3 buildings! I still have the blue prints in my office :)

Yep we also put up that huge statue in front of the buildings.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
That's hallowed ground! Awesome :) I always thought it amazing how much the buildings look like Wonka's Chocolate factory from the outside. Could just be me.
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Araxom
That's hallowed ground! Awesome :) I always thought it amazing how much the buildings look like Wonka's Chocolate factory from the outside. Could just be me.

I came back a few times after it was built because you guys needed some upgrade. Lights are mostly off and It's always dark in there man! what's up you guys sleeping on the job?
Reply Quote
Welcome to HC !!

The thing I always remind myself is " you have to stay alive to do damage "

And

" there is no shame in running away !! "

May you battle be glorious and your heroes deeds never be forgotten.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Lykotic
Remember, the best defence is a good balance between defense and offense.

I thought the saying was the best defense is a good offense
=p

Yea, focus on defense, but don't underestimate the value of a (relatively) quick kill.

Playing HC, I try to stay in tune with the moments when my mind drifts. If I catch myself drifting, I remind myself that I could die at any time and that nothing is guaranteed. I might start a run thinking, "Okay, I'll hit PL x this run and hopefully get a nice drop." Then I remind myself that that's a SC attitude.

tl;dr The challenge is staying in the moment. HC is easy until it's hard. Even reminding myself to pay attention, I've still died.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]