Diablo® III

D3 ladder

I'm sure I'm not the first to post this nor will I be the last. I was just thinking it'd be cool if they had a ladder for d3 like they do for d2 so everyone (who picks the ladder server) can have a fresh start every so often. It's even beneficial for blizzard to implement this, as it will mean more income from people buying gold on a new ladder. Let me reiterate, I am not proposing to change diablo 3 so that it's exclusively a ladder, but rather you have the option to pick ladder just like you have an option to pick hardcore.
Reply Quote
buddy, no one would buy gold on a ladder based server... everything gets deleted after a time lol, what moron would spent real money just to have their purchase deleted at a later time?

that statement above also answers your why blizz will never implement ladder for this d3

if they did, not a soul would use RMAH (which is why blizzard implemented RMAH.. to make money lol)

everyone would be playing on this ladder server than this boring non ladder crap thus RMAH would just be dead content.
Edited by SkiTz#1750 on 2/8/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
buddy, no one would buy gold on a ladder based server... everything gets deleted after a time lol, what moron would spent real money just to have their purchase deleted at a later time?

that statement above also answers your why blizz will never implement ladder for this d3

if they did, not a soul would use RMAH (which is why blizzard implemented RMAH.. to make money lol)

everyone would be playing on this ladder server than this boring non ladder crap thus RMAH would just be dead content.

People spent hundreds of $'s on Ladder Items because Ladder Only items retain value in Non Ladder

People Played Both Modes In Diablo 2 It would be the same in Diablo 3

People still pay hundreds of $'s in D2 for Items on Ladder/Non Ladder

I will not link you the websites but they do exist, and there sales are still consistently turning profit with a game thats 10 + years old
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Teranus
I'm sure I'm not the first to post this nor will I be the last. I was just thinking it'd be cool if they had a ladder for d3 like they do for d2 so everyone (who picks the ladder server) can have a fresh start every so often. It's even beneficial for blizzard to implement this, as it will mean more income from people buying gold on a new ladder. Let me reiterate, I am not proposing to change diablo 3 so that it's exclusively a ladder, but rather you have the option to pick ladder just like you have an option to pick hardcore.

I say that in time Blizz will probably use a ladder system. But I hope that they keep the RMAH out of the ladder. Ladder servers do not need it IMO.
Reply Quote

Seems to me that the RMAH is already dead content, and Blizzard already admitted as much about how much of a mistake the RMAH was. In some idealized world where Diablo 3 had a better endgame consisting of farming ad infinitum, the RMAH might have been viable. However, the only thing it may have solved is provide competition to all the website stores trying to do exactly the same thing. If you aren't sure of what website, just keep your eyes open when some random spam bot tries adding you as a friend next time.

The RMAH is in reality insignificant to the existence of a ladder system and hence a reset. Likely the real reason a ladder system wasn't planned was before Blizzard thought inferno was enough of an endgame for players, so everyone would just sit at lvl 60 and fight in inferno monsters that were higher levels than the players. Then reality struck, players complained, and we have the current system today which includes paragon levels that go up to 100, similar to diablo 2's climb to lvl 99.

Whether players choose to spend money on a RMAH or not is up to each player. To some, the easy way out is acceptable and they have enough money from work to take the shortcuts and not try to farm their gear themselves. For others, they would just farm their gear and not spend money on the RMAH. The implicit knowledge that items you purchase via RMAH are electronic items that are confined to the game and the value of those items can change instantly at any moment. Example: If Blizzard goes bankrupt, shuts down the Diablo game series completely, thereby removing the possibility from anyone to play diablo 3. What recourse could any players take for items purchased on RMAH or those who spent money on the game itself? Answer is none, players get to thank Blizzard for whatever time they had to enjoy said merchandise and move on. Deal with it!
Reply Quote
Why don't you max out a char on hardcore before you beg for a ladder. Ty,
Reply Quote
View profile
ladder of wealth...
Reply Quote
there is no point in competing in D3 as long as there is AH

ladder or no ladder - D3 is a pointless game

unless you have a bot running 100 accounts simultaneously
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Teranus
I'm sure I'm not the first to post this nor will I be the last. I was just thinking it'd be cool if they had a ladder for d3 like they do for d2 so everyone (who picks the ladder server) can have a fresh start every so often.

This is already in the game. If you want a fresh start every so often all you have to do is start a new character every so often, No Ladder Is Needed.
Reply Quote
+1

I have no intention to ever play on a separate ladder server but one really should exist.
Blizzard would make a ton of money from all the reset RMAH sales generated every year.

Players would have a feature that motivates them to race against each other over and over again.
Also, the majority of bots and scammers would go there for obvious reasons which makes the normal game economy a little healthier for the rest of us.
Reply Quote
Trading=Scamming

A Ladder just gives the Botters a boost in sales and it gives the Flippers a larger profit margin.

Nothing Good will come from a Ladder. If you want one then your just a Cheater at heart.
Reply Quote
The only Ladder system that can work for diablo3 is the one i will mention right now.

Blizzard does not want to put in a ladder system like the ladder system in diablo2 because it wont be fair to the people who have spent money for their items if they loose them to none ladder with ladder resets. So if blizzard adds a ladder they could only add a ladder for paragon levels and where all the people keep their items and only race for top 10 winner with the paragon levels.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/9/2013 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
The only Ladder system that can work for diablo3 is the one i will mention right now.

Blizzard does not want to put in a ladder system like the ladder system in diablo2 because it wont be fair to the people who have spent money for their items if they loose them to none ladder with ladder resets. So if blizzard adds a ladder they could only add a ladder for paragon levels and where all the people keep their items and only race for top 10 winner with the paragon levels.

What would the point be in a race to 100 paragon if your competition starts with the best gear in the game? They should add one exactly like in D2 where your character gets transferred to the non ladder server after the resets. Starting back from nothing and racing to as high as possible was fun.

It also takes away some of the frustration with having good gear and not being able to find an upgrade for long periods of time and finding upgrades is one of the biggest parts of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]