Diablo® III

over power crushing advance

Hi just had a question.

Does crushing advance decrease all coming damage by 35% and deals it back, or only deals it back?
Also is the reflected damage pre or post armor /resistance mitigation?

thanks,
Reply Quote
reduce and reflect it back. and for whether it's pre or post other mitigation, it does not matter, since it's just a multiplier, it does not matter where you place it in the equation, as in , dmg * ( 1 - armor reduction) * (1 - resist reduction) *.65 is the same as dmg * .65 * ( 1 - armor reduction) * (1 - resist reduction)
Reply Quote
One more note, I don't think crushing advance will reduce all damage, it saids melee and ranged attacks, I believe some elite abilities are either, like molten, plague, fire chain; haven't really test to verify it, but when I was using crushing advance, it seems it does nothing to those.
Reply Quote
oh that is good to know. I was wondering why I seemed to be surviving as well with crushing advance as it did with impunity.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:20 PMPosted by samuiotoko
One more note, I don't think crushing advance will reduce all damage, it saids melee and ranged attacks, I believe some elite abilities are either, like molten, plague, fire chain; haven't really test to verify it, but when I was using crushing advance, it seems it does nothing to those.

i cant agree with this statement. long ago when crushing advance bug allowed the reflect to trip LOH, this rune was mandatory to tank/swim in molten, etc. dmg from such things would reflect on the elite who summoned them (in turn healing you). so yes i believe crushing advance still helps vs these types of damage.

so it may be that these effects are considered melee or range...
Edited by mifesto#1868 on 2/9/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually does it not matter? Maybe I missing something entirely or I don't quite understand the math behind it but if your reflected damage is the absolute damage (rather than mitigated damage) won't you deal more damage back to monsters and hence get back more life leech?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:20 PMPosted by samuiotoko
it acctually reflect ground effect as well, if you stand on molten, you can see you are dealing dmg to that monster without doing anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]