Diablo® III

Diablo causes computer to shutdown

It's been like this for quite a while now and it's completely random. I'll just be playing the game or just browsing the auction house when my computer will just suddenly shutdown on it's own. (not reboot)

It only happens when I play diablo and no other games and leaves no errors or anything upon restart.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AcuteAnthrax,

That can happen if something in the computer like the processor or video card is overheating or if your power supply is inadequate for the hardware you have. The game itself has no way to shut a computer off.

I'd start by checking the running temperatures. Download and run HWMonitor from: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.21-setup.exe

Now start the game and let it run several minutes. Then exit or alt-tab out and see what the highest temperature is that was reached for both the cpu and gpu.
Reply Quote
alright makes sense, I did this and noticed my GPU is way too hot, going to work on that, thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]