Diablo® III

Diablo III Doesn't Respect Color/Gamma Levels

And last bump before bed

Lack of a Blizzard response by this point is pretty sad...
Reply Quote
Another day, another lack of response (but somebody cleaned up some posts it seems; hoping it wasn't an actual Blizzard employee that instead could of taken the time to respond). Sad that most people don't even bother calibrating their monitors, or else almost everyone would realize this being an issue (unless they got a factory-calibrated screen).

And for anyone who really honestly has no idea what I'm going on about, just go calibrate your screen (there's an option for it under Display Settings on Windows). Then go open Diablo III, and then go to options (either from main menu or in-game). If your on fullscreen, just change over to Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen (and if your Windowed already, vice-versa), and check out the difference*

*difference only noticeable if you had to actually adjust calibration in any way

Fullscreen (not Windowed) should look horrible, or (if your used to it), very bright, in comparison to Windowed. All those complaints about D3 being "too bright" and people praising the use of DarkD3? Those could of all been limited down quite a bit.

And if your saying "oh, just go use Windowed n00b lul", I would if I didn't get microstuttering everywhere, overall lower FPS, or issues with the in-game overlay I use.

It is just really baffling how WoW and SC2 can manage to handle gamma properly, but not D3... and it's even more amazing that there isn't a single Blizzard response that says they acknowledge this or even say they're going to fix it. Sigh :/

And on a slightly unrelated note, the Speaker settings need fixed too (SC2 specifically states you can only change speaker mode in Windows; which would mean the same speaker mode that is adjustable in D3, is useless).
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump

I must say Blizzard, you've really outdone yourselves. This issue even manages to reproduce under Linux and Wine. Thought I'd at least be good there....
Reply Quote
asd
Reply Quote
jkl;
Reply Quote
It's nothing they can help with in the Tech forum, you need to be posting about it in the Bug Reports forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]