Diablo® III

port forwarding...please help

I have a westell 7500 that has KNOWN port issues with blizzard.

I am about to add port forwarding to the router security but I need a list of the ports that diablo 3 and WoW use.

I know about 1119, but are there others?

also, since this is the first time I have ever messed with port forwarding, any advice would be greatly appreciated.... thanks
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Here is the list of ports. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-network-ports-information
Reply Quote
Thank you for your help MissCheetah.

I followed that guide to the letter, and still cannot get the ports opened.

I changed my static IP address verified all the data in the router interface, restarted router, and laptop..., and everything looks right... but yougetsignal still shows ports closed.

please help.... can you think of anything else?
Reply Quote
Port forwarding is not necessary in this game or any other game unless you are hosting a private server that needs to listen for outside connecting players trying to join.

Most routers use a stateful firewall; which basically means that all ports are dynamically opened from outgoing traffic that is expecting a response from a specific source in return using a temporary port map to communicate back and forth securely.
Reply Quote
Port forwarding is not necessary in this game or any other game unless you are hosting a private server that needs to listen for outside connecting players trying to join.

Most routers use a stateful firewall; which basically means that all ports are dynamically opened from outgoing traffic that is expecting a response from a specific source in return using a temporary port map to communicate back and forth securely.

most routers yes... but google a search for westell 7500 and see what pops up....lol

I found a workaround until I get a new router...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]