Diablo® III

How far will PoE dip in xfire in one month?

I think to rank 25, while diablo will rise to 6-7 :)
Reply Quote
Doubt it
Reply Quote
Dont use xfire, but what does that have to do with the success of a game?
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Exia

It doesn't, it's just the cycle of insults. When PoE had a higher xfire ranking, trolls were giggling at D3. Now that D3 is ranked higher, trolls are giggling at PoE.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Alyss
I think to rank 25, while diablo will rise to 6-7 :)

yeah good luck with that it's sitting at pit bottom 10. i'm sure PoE will rise even higher if it throws out the cutt-throat league and others. meanwhile D3 waddles on with the same content and had to rename something as simple as dueling to brawling. lo i just checked, there's only about 6000 users running d3 on xfire? wtf happened tot he 12 million sales. LMAO Guild wars 2 has had less than half that amount but there's 12000 on there.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/9/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft 21k in xfire --> 9 mil active players
Diablo 3 - 7k in xfire --> 3 mil active players
Guild Wars 2 12,6k in xfire --> 5,4 mil active players
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Alyss

lol so 25% of the population still play? how do you have such solid numbers, or are you just judging by relativity here? because that's completely baseless conjecture.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Ringo

It doesn't, it's just the cycle of insults. When PoE had a higher xfire ranking, trolls were giggling at D3. Now that D3 is ranked higher, trolls are giggling at PoE.

POE being anywhere near D3's play time shows how many people have quit D3. D3 sold over 10 million copies and a little indie ARPG matches the hours played on XFire? That's nuts. TL2 never even got close.
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft 21k in xfire --> 9 mil active players
Guild Wars 2 12,6k in xfire --> 5,4 mil active players

Isn't Xfire mainly used in US and EU? If so you can drastically reduce that 9 million WOW players if only counting US and EU.
Reply Quote
Anyway, I think POE should stay in the top 15 for a while. It's a niche game that won't appeal to the players who are still playing D3 without massive improvements to gameplay, art and overall polish.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 2/10/2013 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 06:03 AMPosted by FrodoFragins
POE being anywhere near D3's play time shows how many people have quit D3.

FFS, it's a third party stat tracker for people that bother using their program. It's not all encompassing nor should it be taken as hard evidence for comparing a game's true popularity. Dota 2 is ranked 7th and at one point was lower than PoE, yet Dota 2 has constantly been the most popular Steam game by 3 to 5 times more than the 2nd most popular steam game.

The stats are interesting (kind of), but that's it. Stop trying to twist them into pro/anti anything because it's just bull!@#$.

If you want something to laugh at, wait for 1.0.7 when D3 will show you how many are playing (or not playing). I'm sure lots of laughs will be had at that time and you'll have official stats. Of course if those stats are anything but bad, people will just say Bliz is "inflating the actual number" or "it's all bots lolol".
Reply Quote
POE being anywhere near D3's play time shows how many people have quit D3.

FFS, it's a third party stat tracker for people that bother using their program. It's not all encompassing nor should it be taken as hard evidence for comparing a game's true popularity. Dota 2 is ranked 7th and at one point was lower than PoE, yet Dota 2 has constantly been the most popular Steam game by 3 to 5 times more than the 2nd most popular steam game.

The stats are interesting (kind of), but that's it. Stop trying to twist them into pro/anti anything because it's just bull!@#$.

If you want something to laugh at, wait for 1.0.7 when D3 will show you how many are playing (or not playing). I'm sure lots of laughs will be had at that time and you'll have official stats. Of course if those stats are anything but bad, people will just say Bliz is "inflating the actual number" or "it's all bots lolol".

How many of XFires top 10 games are on steam? DoTA2 is way behind LoL by every measure.

XFire has been a pretty good measuring tool when you compare games that have released player numbers. D3 has lost a ton of players by any measure you use, be it friends lists, number of games, XFire ...

Xfire has been even better at revealing trends that aren't officially released until months later.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 2/10/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 08:38 PMPosted by FrodoFragins
Xfire has been even better at revealing trends that aren't officially released until months later.

such as...?
Reply Quote
How many of XFires top 10 games are on steam?

3 that I can see and those 3 are way different than what steam shows

Xfire

CoD 4: Rank 2
CoD 2: Rank 3
Dota2: Rank 7

Steam

CoD 4: not even in top 100
CoD 2: 40 something
Dota2: Rank 1 by far

Steam offers pretty much the same thing xfire does. If you have a game on steam, you really don't need to run xfire alongside it. I'd also go out on a limb here and say that Steam is a little bit more popular and used far more than Xfire is.

That said, Steam stats shouldn't be taken as gospel either (except for steam exclusives like Half Life 2). My pointing out discrepancies isn't to tout one being better, it's to point out stats differ depending on sources so don't take one source as the be all end all. Something numbskulls around here seem to have a problem understanding.

DoTA2 is way behind LoL by every measure.

So?

As Kradisz said: "such as... ?"
Reply Quote
Diablo is on my predicted 6th place you unbelievers! And PoE is diving towards 25, already 13th place.

End of story, PoE officialy out of D3 vs PoE competition.
Reply Quote
Diablo is on my predicted 6th place you unbelievers! And PoE is diving towards 25, already 13th place.

End of story, PoE officialy out of D3 vs PoE competition.

Good I wouldnt' want PoE to be compared with crap.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZaTjc

lolol.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/14/2013 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
PoE is 11th at this time. and we have to calculate for D#'s new patch release. The slightly newish interest that might have been reignited in some will wade quickly.
Reply Quote
Look at D3 forums and count how much angry, mad VS constructive, love topic there are about the game.

Look at PoE forums and count how much angry, mad VS constructive, love topic there are about the game.

Then check every others video games/big team forums.

Now you have a general idea of what people think of both of them. I did, so i know, but it's better to find it self.
Edited by Shimeone#2905 on 2/14/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Look at D3 forums and count how much angry, mad VS constructive, love topic there are about the game.

Look at PoE forums and count how much angry, mad VS constructive, love topic there are about the game.

Then check every others video games/big team forums.

Now you have a general idea of what people think of both of them. I did, so i know, but it's better to find it self.

No one should ever base a decision to play a game on its forums.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Ringo
How many of XFires top 10 games are on steam?

3 that I can see and those 3 are way different than what steam shows

Xfire

CoD 4: Rank 2
CoD 2: Rank 3
Dota2: Rank 7

Steam

CoD 4: not even in top 100
CoD 2: 40 something
Dota2: Rank 1 by far

Steam offers pretty much the same thing xfire does. If you have a game on steam, you really don't need to run xfire alongside it. I'd also go out on a limb here and say that Steam is a little bit more popular and used far more than Xfire is.

That said, Steam stats shouldn't be taken as gospel either (except for steam exclusives like Half Life 2). My pointing out discrepancies isn't to tout one being better, it's to point out stats differ depending on sources so don't take one source as the be all end all. Something numbskulls around here seem to have a problem understanding.

DoTA2 is way behind LoL by every measure.

So?

As Kradisz said: "such as... ?"

WH online, AoC, SWTOR, STO, WOW ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]