Diablo® III

If set bonuses change..

Ok, I know this might require putting on a tin foil hat, but I honestly think they are looking at changing many of the set bonuses. At first i thought no way, but if you go through and look at each set bonus, it seems like the ones that happen to be missing were either too strong, or in most cases to weak. This really can't be a coincidence can it? Does someone see a missing set bonus that in your opion is worthy of a set bonus, besides 2 piece nat's?

Typical set ups are two piece IK, 5 piece IK, 2 piece inna's, 4 piece inna's, 2 piece blackthornes, etc. (all of these bonuses are still in tact). Then look at Zunis, each set bonus is nice, and none missing.

If they change them, do you all think it would be retroactive or would they make a new third set of legendaries? I think retroactive would be the way to go, they just gotta leave the 2 set nat's bonus, or there would be way too much backlash. Are there any other set bonuses missing that seemed OP? Another option would be for them to do retroactive on all the subpar set bonuses, and make a new category for nat's set.

Basically I think I picked the worst time to try to regear. Deciding whether or not to gear out of OwE, on top of the uncertainty of set bonuses. Help! Lol
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 2/10/2013 1:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tin foil hat on
Well i think its going to happen. No blue posts. I'd think by now if it was just an error in the database they'd have posted something by now.

IMO their just using use a Guinea Pigs and want to hear what people say before anything official.. Reminds me of the days before PTR, some how prior to every major patch all the patch notes got unofficially released.

Tin foil hat off
I wouldnt be too concerned if i was you. I doubt Nats set will see a huge nerf if this happens. Probably dropping 1 or 2 crit.

Then again i'm in the same boat as you. I'm holding off on nats til i get some sort of confirmation. But i got plenty of other stuff to gear.
Reply Quote
Tin foil hat off: Isn't it true that only the numbers with decimals are missing?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/10/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
Isn't it true that only the numbers with decimals are missing?
No...
Reply Quote
Why don't we get 7% crit on the 3 pc inna's set?
Reply Quote
Tin foil hat off: Isn't it true that only the numbers with decimals are missing?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-vast-expanse
has decimals

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-surcoat
doesnt have decimals.

there goes that theory
Reply Quote

Someone said only ones with % are missing, but that is also false.
Reply Quote
Damn!
Reply Quote
/Puts on tin foil hat

- For Nat's 2 piece set, I can only see them switching the bonus to either attack speed or crit-hit damage. Either that or they are switching places with the 3-piece bonus so that it takes a bit more effort to get it - i.e. we need to wear a horrendous and lousy Nat's helm to get it.

- For the Inna's 3 piece. Seriously, anything would be better than this 0.33 spirit per second sitting there mocking us.

/Takes off tin foil hat

I still assert that this was Blizzard accidentally pushing content from a test branch into the production branch. In this test branch, they are probably playing around with different item affixes, an entirely different defense mechanism - think WoW's resilience affix.

People who are thinking that it is a problem with percentage signs or decimals are overthinking it. We have these completely empty affix entries in the production D3 website because they only exist in this test branch and do not exist elsewhere. It is a null reference, the default text formatter simply returns an empty string, and since it is null, it does not add any other numbers to our character profiles.
Edited by Cyrus#6254 on 2/10/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
I saw a post where a guy asked some blue about this and the blue said it was a bug with the display. No bonus will be modified. He posted the answer from blizz.

I have nothing to gain here, I am from EU anyway, so no selling nat's rings on my side, just being honest with this, as far as I know...
Reply Quote
View profile
I saw a post where a guy asked some blue about this and the blue said it was a bug with the display. No bonus will be modified. He posted the answer from blizz.

I have nothing to gain here, I am from EU anyway, so no selling nat's rings on my side, just being honest with this, as far as I know...

This reminds me of the movie IRONMAN where Tony tells Rhodes to use the alibi "training accident" and Rhodes says we can't do that. Next screen shot was Rhodes giving a press conference about said "training accident".

Tin Foil Hat Off-
Reply Quote
I don't believe they will do another legacy set. The fact we are seeing holes in the set descriptions in the forum profiles is what makes me feel confident we will see the blank ones replaced.

I expect the Inna's 3-pc to be a buff of some kind, and I sadly expect the Nat's 2-pc to be a switch to a Demon Hunter specific regen (sadly). I think they will be a wash for me, but they will give me the freedom to wear a different ring or boots if I find something more appealing.

We'll see what happens. Certain of the set bonuses (Inna's 3-pc for being too weak) stand out as poor design from the beginning. Having to force everyone to regear because of completely changing the sets would be cruel and unusual punishment... and would alienate a lot of players.

I am keeping my eyes crossed, and fiddling with my eight-ball sized necklace beads in prayer constantly to the gods, that I am not out a concept and a billion gold on my set.
Reply Quote
/Puts on tin foil hat

- For Nat's 2 piece set, I can only see them switching the bonus to either attack speed or crit-hit damage. Either that or they are switching places with the 3-piece bonus so that it takes a bit more effort to get it - i.e. we need to wear a horrendous and lousy Nat's helm to get it.

- For the Inna's 3 piece. Seriously, anything would be better than this 0.33 spirit per second sitting there mocking us.

/Takes off tin foil hat

I still assert that this was Blizzard accidentally pushing content from a test branch into the production branch. In this test branch, they are probably playing around with different item affixes, an entirely different defense mechanism - think WoW's resilience affix.

People who are thinking that it is a problem with percentage signs or decimals are overthinking it. We have these completely empty affix entries in the production D3 website because they only exist in this test branch and do not exist elsewhere. It is a null reference, the default text formatter simply returns an empty string, and since it is null, it does not add any other numbers to our character profiles.

^ this is also my theory.

I would love to see these set bonuses updated so that people have more choices when gearing but I sincerely doubt that Blizz's go-to strat would be to pre-release a sneak-peek of what is to change ahead of time via API error. :P
Reply Quote
Another sign that they are changing them is the recent blue comment saying:

02/11/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I wanted to clarify that there are no set bonus changes coming in patch 1.0.7.

The key phrase being "in patch 1.0.7", which to me means that they will be changing them but not right now.
Reply Quote
You're reading into the "1.0.7" too much.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Lazar
The key phrase being "in patch 1.0.7", which to me means that they will be changing them but not right now.

02/11/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Narcolepsy

Seriously. What's up with dissecting / deconstructing / reconstructing each statement that blizz makes and reading as much as we can into it? Relax people... enjoy the patch when it drops and leave tomorrow's troubles to tomorrow.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Nameless

Seriously. What's up with dissecting / deconstructing / reconstructing each statement that blizz makes and reading as much as we can into it? Relax people... enjoy the patch when it drops and leave tomorrow's troubles to tomorrow.

You're still here? I thought you'd be busy going Jewish or whatever.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Narcolepsy

HA! I'm around until Tuesday night. I'm getting my last licks in before I go. And it's Christian... but close enough, I suppose.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Nameless

HA! I'm around until Tuesday night. I'm getting my last licks in before I go. And it's Christian... but close enough, I suppose.

Same thing. Jesus was Jewish.
Reply Quote
Well, if it was only the "1.0.7 patch" thing then you might say it's reading too much into it, but all of the other things on top of that... It just adds up, makes sense, etc. I don't really care either way. I never invested in the Nat's set (seemed too expensive and I don't like how those boots look on my monk, Zuni's are so much better and I'm even OK with Ice Climbers). I kind of hope we get a better 3-set bonus for the Inna's set, but that's about it. We'll wait and see.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]