Diablo® III

Overpowered Barb in PvP

The only way that a barb will win in PvP is to go massive tank mode. They have the best active/passive skills for mitigation as well as gears (eg stormshield and ik set which gives res/armor) that complements a barb far better than any other class.

A tank barb ideally will have 900all res/10k+armor/180k+ hp unbuffed. when buffed they have 1100armor/11k+armor. They have 60k~80k paper dps due to low crit chance but that dmg is more than enough to kill when a 300~400% crit dmg lands.

Passives Used

1)Inspiring Presence
2% of maximum life regeneration. at 180k hp, this translates to an incredible 3600hp/s. this helps them to have an option not to have life regen stats on their gears.

2)Nerves of Steel
Armor increased by 100% vitality. Tank barbs already have 2500+ vitality. By using this passive, they gain an additional 2500+armor which is a lot. (compare this to seize the initiative)

3)Relentless
While below 20% Life, all skills cost 75% less Fury and all damage taken is reduced by 50%.
This is by far the one passive that stomps, spits and overpowers all the other class active/passive skills. This passive can be exploited/having extreme unfair advantage when one stacks too much hit points.
A top dps char will already find it difficult to get this tank barb hp down and when the barb reaches 20%hp(36000), it becomes immortal. This insane reduce dmg complements the high hp regeneration from inspiring presence to give an overall effect of 0 dmg taken or even a heal.

Active skills
1)Ignore pain
This is an acceptable spell to use. Nothing to say about this.

2)Warcry
20% bonus armor with runes that give extra all res or dodge chance or fury depending on your opponent.
A one of the best defensive spell compared to all the other classes.

3)Bash/Clobber
has decent range and 35% chance to stun? certain classes like wiz or the monk does not have this luxury. bash makes the monk's primary attacks look like a joke.

4)Rend/Lacerate
This is the barbarian's main killing spell. What makes this superior is that it is undodgeable and one needs insane hp/armor/res/liferegen to be able to survive. It has low fury cost of 20 and if relentless is active a mere 5 fury. Furthermore it has quite a large AoE strike and is easy to land around corners or over a wall.
Dodge stat is rubbish when faced with dots spell whereas armor can effectively reduce dmg from all sources.

5)Sprint/Marathon.
Increases the movement speed bonus to 50% for 5 seconds
good with 5set ik or unforgiving passive.
20 fury cost. 5 fury cost if relentless is active.
another spell that makes a monk's tempest rush look like a joke.

Conclusion/TL:DR
Barbs will face stomp all other classes. Get ready to bend over.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 2/10/2013 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
gears.

And this is where I stopped reading.
Reply Quote
Monk's Serenity - Peaceful Repose for a 4 second shield + 7 Sided Strike - Sudden Assault for abot 7 seconds of invulnerability

Demon Hunters Smoke Screen for 1.5 seconds hiding time + Vault to get the hell around

Wizards Crystal Shell

Don't care much for WD's
Reply Quote
I think that you don't know what you are speaking about.

But thanks for the lol. :)
Reply Quote
Looks like it was a waste of time posting this thread.
if anyone of you are matured enough(if such people exist around this forum) to think, you will understand how dangerous this barb build is.

wizards, monks, demonhunters and witchdoctors. even if you think are the best pvp geared, there will be a barb to spit right back at you.

get ready to bend over for the king of Diablo 3. The Barbarians.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 2/10/2013 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 01:54 AMPosted by MarcusCole
Demon Hunters Smoke Screen for 1.5 seconds hiding time + Vault to get the hell around

Rend goes threw smokescreen.
Reply Quote
Looks like it was a waste of time posting this thread.if anyone of you are matured enough(if such people exist around this forum) to think, you will understand how dangerous this barb build is.wizards, monks, demonhunters and witchdoctors. even if you think are the best pvp geared, there will be a barb to spit right back at you. get ready to bend over for the king of Diablo 3. The Barbarians.

Best stat in PvP is Life regen. There is a huge learning curve for PvP gear and skills. Most people don't understand and its a waist of time to try and explain it.

I am a full life regen barb. I don't have the High HP yet only 74k. But I have 3984life regen unbuffed. Then am getting 5480 regen per sec with inspiring. At that lvl with Marathon I am regen life to full all the time and can survive hex's and CC. if not in Wotb. Its pretty OP when regen with mitigation goes over 5k. It just gets exponentially better. Ive tested a more vit tank build and my Regen was up to 6200...!! lol. It can get very insane but a lot of fun on my part.

Relentless is a good though haven't tested it. I feel Juggernaught to be more pratical for a life regen build cause it reduces CC and adds to over all life gain back it happens no matter what your life is at. The opponents will use CC and well you will just perma gain massive life.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/10/2013 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Conclusion/TL:DR
Barbs will face stomp all other classes. Get ready to bend over.

OR should i say! REND OVER ha.. ha... ha..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
And the pvp whining has started.Ask for more nerfs and lolbalance if you will.

Who seen this crying coming a mile away. d3 pvp LOL.

GDay
Reply Quote
That is ridiculous... hope they Nerf it quickly.

If not... pvp will permabroken.
Reply Quote
And the pvp whining has started.Ask for more nerfs and lolbalance if you will.

Who seen this crying coming a mile away. d3 pvp LOL.

GDay

There's a difference between crying and having something insanely broken.

By no means when I left WoW was my feral druid, "balanced" in pvp... it was garbage... but it wasn't broken. A good feral druid could do some real hurt in situations.

Regenerating your way out of a fight as a heavy melee class is no doubt broken.

"LOL"...
Reply Quote
Ok some hard experience from PVP on PTR.

I geared myself to 7m + EHP with 71% block and 180k+ HP and massive mitigation.

I WAS STILL DEAD IN 2-3 SPIRIT BARRAGES AND HAUNT FROM WDS AND AS SOON AS I GOT TO THEM THEY SPIRIT WALKED AWAY!

So yes, little frustrated!
Reply Quote
Here is how much a barb can mitigate.

1000+ All res.... 70%+ reduction
10k+armor........ 70%+ reduction
180k+ hp.... 4000+ hp regen with inspiring presence

Stormshield
33%block chance
6%melee
7%elite reduction

Thundergod's
20% melee reduction

Immortal King's Irons
6% melee reduction

Immortal King's Triump
6% melee reduction

Litany of the undaunted
7%elite reduction

Blackthorne's Spurs
7% elite reduction

Mitigation from Skills/Passives
Ignore pain
Relentless (50% dmg reduction)

I cant even think of making a tank monk that has decent dmg and superior mobility as the barb.
It is really hard to make an all balanced pvp char on a monk with the stats of a barb.
monks gonna bend over.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 2/10/2013 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is how much a barb can mitigate.

1000+ All res.... 70%+ reduction
10k+armor........ 70%+ reduction
180k+ hp.... 4000+ hp regen with inspiring presence

Stormshield
33%block chance
6%melee
7%elite reduction

Thundergod's
20% melee reduction

Immortal King's Irons
6% melee reduction

Immortal King's Triump
6% melee reduction

Litany of the undaunted
7%elite reduction

Blackthorne's Spurs
7% elite reduction

Mitigation from Skills/Passives
Ignore pain
Relentless (50% dmg reduction)

I cant even think of making a tank monk that has decent dmg and superior mobility as the barb.
It is really hard to make an all balanced pvp char on a monk with the stats of a barb.
monks gonna bend over.

A barbarian like that will probably have 15k dps (180k hp), or will need 2-3kkk for each piece of the equip.

However, look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wntglozoq5w

And focus that the barbarian has ignore pain on.
Edited by Tavajigen#2913 on 2/10/2013 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
nope that barb isn't top end.
his res/armor/life/liferegen isn't up to what i stated.
we are not even sure if he is using the relentless passive.

furthermore a good barb will never allow another monk to deliver the full blow of Seven sided strike.
faith in light, 3s overawe etc.
Reply Quote
Is this a topic about having good gear or about barbarian class ?

because every class in good gear and 150+ Hps can rock
Reply Quote
nope that barb isn't top end.
his res/armor/life/liferegen isn't up to what i stated.
we are not even sure if he is using the relentless passive.

furthermore a good barb will never allow another monk to deliver the full blow of Seven sided strike.
faith in light, 3s overawe etc.

Maybe that barb isn't top end, but is near to it, because he is really good in his stats, just watch. He missed some passives only to conserve a good dps. If he put other passives he will be killed in 5 seconds instead of 3, no difference.

What you stated is reachable only having a really low dps, so then how could you kill the other player?

Relentless is nice, but if you have 21% of your life and you are hitten with a 22% damage you will die; relentless won't activate.

And yes you can dodge some of the 7ss, but remember that monk has still a lot of bells to use, serenity...

It's simply impossible for a barbarian to win a match like that.

Edit: he had superstition too.
Edited by Tavajigen#2913 on 2/10/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
You see, paper dps on this build don't matter much. the barb build i mentioned has 50k~70k dps and has an INSANE amount of survivability that mitigates dmg from all sources. this barb has low dps because it does not have a lot of critchance or ias(which is considered useless) but maintains a high 400%+ critical hit dmg. so when it lands a crit rend, it will be as powerful.

furthermore 100k hp is a far cry from the 180k hp i stated and this difference in hp could have helped that poor barb to survive. he also doesn't have the required all res.

when you said the monk still has a lot of spirit to go offensive after spamming Blinding flash(10spirit), overawe(50spirit) and SSS(50spirit), you are wrong. this is when the tank barb will come with his relentless passive and aggro right back at you.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 2/10/2013 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
You see, paper dps on this build don't matter much. the barb build i mentioned has 50k~70k dps and has an INSANE amount of survivability that mitigates dmg from all sources. this barb has low dps because it does not have a lot of critchance or ias(which is considered useless) but maintains a high 400%+ critical hit dmg. so when it lands a crit rend, it will be as powerful.

furthermore 100k hp is a far cry from the 180k hp i stated and this difference in hp could have helped that poor barb to survive. he also doesn't have the required all res.

But you can't have at the same time the stats you told, 180k hp and a high dps (or high critical damage), this is the problem.

when you said the monk still has a lot of spirit to go offensive after spamming Blinding flash(10spirit), overawe(50spirit) and SSS(50spirit), you are wrong. this is when the tank barb will come with his relentless passive and aggro right back at you.

As I told before, relentless doesn't activate if you have more then 20% and you are oneshotted, so isn't the solution; and a monk can use exalted soul and have a lot of spirit to continue spamming bells or other skills.

However, continue thinking like that, I hope to see you in game playing like a barbarian, because they are overpowered...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]