Diablo® III

Dev Q&A

Still sad about the Q&A but feel better now that 1.07 is released.
Edited by Azodeus#1244 on 2/13/2013 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok not really but its about time. They are a day late and dollar short in my opinion.
Reply Quote
View profile
t minus 2 hours and 30 minutes...
Reply Quote
View profile
10 more minutes til disappointment???
Reply Quote
View profile
1.07 goes live tomorrow

and i just wasted 10 minutes of my life
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 2/11/2013 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah...bummer. They did a great job answering a few questions. The problem was it was only a few questions. I guess I would have liked to see shorter answers and more questions answered.
Reply Quote
I am extremely dissapointed in the questions and answers. First off the questions that were selected by the community were either highlighted by low IQ people who do not understand the problems with this game or were hand picked to protect the developers. I am going to guess they were hand picked by Blizzard to keep the poop smelling good.

Absolutely were there no questions and answers related to why blizzard just number tweaked instead of actually changing skills. So much outcry and feeback from the community from both Wizards and Monks and no change. I mean seriously why even buff Arcane Orb, no one will use it because it sucks still.

I knew that there was no actual reason to get hyped up over this Q&A because it was so vague and anything actually detailed was nothing of value to us. Blizzard is going to be schocked when they realize no one is using their new crafting system in 3 weeks and everyone goes back to the AH to get upgrades.

The only thing good from the patch is the increase to exp gained. I for one do not play the game as much as I used to so paragon farming has taken a big hurt. The increase to exp gain will help people who are more casual get paragon levels faster and also help people level paragon on other toons.

This patch is a huge disapointment and the Q&A is also a huge disapointment. Good news is the patch is out tomorrow and the new exp bonus will be implemented. Something to look forward to at least.
Reply Quote
I think it's the most public answer we could have gotten at this point; I didn't think they were going to answer any wizard questions at all. The part about Arcane Orb [and secondary skills] and looking at changing channeling skills and vulnerability was actually a bone they threw out. It sounds minorly hopeful at this point.

I can't agree that upping secondaries would spin wizards out of control. People who want to play orbs like that kind of playstyle. I don't see how making orbs increase in damage would suddenly make an orb-tosser overpowered. :-/
Reply Quote
Well at least we found on that tomorrow is the release date for 1.0.7.
Reply Quote
Lots of interesting tidbits reading between the lines; not sure why people expected more.

Pretty sure, for instance that we're going to see an overhaul to BOE similar to WOW when the expansion hits.
Reply Quote
I did not read anything that really stood out to me. All they said was the same thing they have always said. They want to increase build diversity. Well they promised us that they would make changes to builds like Archon to make it more group friendly.

But I agree there was no real expectation that Blizzard was going to actually answer anything. They gave run of the mill answers and thats it.
Reply Quote
View profile
I did not read anything that really stood out to me. All they said was the same thing they have always said. They want to increase build diversity. Well they promised us that they would make changes to builds like Archon to make it more group friendly.

But I agree there was no real expectation that Blizzard was going to actually answer anything. They gave run of the mill answers and thats it.

+1 it was just a bunch of blather to keep us playin
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Azodeus
I did not read anything that really stood out to me.

Really? Because their acknowledgment of channeling's inherent problems is there as well as an intention to change that. They said they would look at orb in the future; that's a hell of a lot better than "we feel it's fine at this point."

I don't like their usual boilerplates any more than anyone else, but Don gave a little relevant info.
Reply Quote
Yes, and the realization that there needs to be a way to boost AP regen other than crit.

Reading that discussion of CM wizards--the only build directly discussed (and not in a complimentary fashion) tells me the Nerf bats were certainly waving around for awhile at Blizz HQ.
Reply Quote
@Ossian: Though I'm hoping the discussion of boosting AP regen outside crit means that they are trying to buff our unused skills (most channeling spells), rather than nerf CM or Archon.
Reply Quote
"these builds are being overshadowed by the ease and effectiveness of CM and Archon. We don’t want to just keep on increasing numbers, as that would make that class spiral out of control balance-wise."

We survived 1.07, but there's a clear target on our backs.
Reply Quote
View profile
How would further tweaking numbers throw the class out of balance, lol? Of course AO wouldn't be OP because that same person could switch to archon and BOOM free-to-cast, crazy strong disintegration wave. AO actually costs AP, lots of it, and it doesn't come with a massive bonus to armor and res. Even 250% (maybe 300% for obliteration--I still think they should make that rune a fire ball) would not make it OP.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 11:05 AMPosted by ChangBooster
How would further tweaking numbers throw the class out of balance, lol? Of course AO wouldn't be OP because that same person could switch to archon and BOOM free-to-cast, crazy strong disintegration wave. AO actually costs AP, lots of it, and it doesn't come with a massive bonus to armor and res. Even 250% (maybe 300% for obliteration--I still think they should make that rune a fire ball) would not make it OP.

why would u use ao for 300 when u can use molten impact for 390 and it works with conflag?
Reply Quote
Anyone notice this?

"The Topaz, on the other hand, is a different story. No -- the damage from the Topaz is not competitive in comparison to other gems. Thorns damage in general is underpowered in the game and we're looking to correct that n the future. While we're discussing a number of ways to do this, the favored idea internally is to allow Thorns to benefit from your primary stat (Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence). So if you have, say, 2000 Intelligence as a Wizard or Witch Doctor, then your Thorns items will do +2000% damage, much like your weapon damage. This is, of course, a huge buff to the Thorns property and there is no specific timeline on when we're going to make such a change. "
Reply Quote
Yep.

Like I said, there's a lot that interesting in that write up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]