Diablo® III

Dev Q&A

Anyone notice this?

"The Topaz, on the other hand, is a different story. No -- the damage from the Topaz is not competitive in comparison to other gems. Thorns damage in general is underpowered in the game and we're looking to correct that n the future. While we're discussing a number of ways to do this, the favored idea internally is to allow Thorns to benefit from your primary stat (Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence). So if you have, say, 2000 Intelligence as a Wizard or Witch Doctor, then your Thorns items will do +2000% damage, much like your weapon damage. This is, of course, a huge buff to the Thorns property and there is no specific timeline on when we're going to make such a change. "

Yes. I saw that but read the last sentence.

02/11/2013 10:54 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I did not read anything that really stood out to me.

Really? Because their acknowledgment of channeling's inherent problems is there as well as an intention to change that. They said they would look at orb in the future; that's a hell of a lot better than "we feel it's fine at this point."

I don't like their usual boilerplates any more than anyone else, but Don gave a little relevant info.

And they have known this for a long time. This is not new information here. This is the same discussion we have with them since the games release. A channeling spell in a game like Diablo will only be viable under 2 situations, kill quickly before the mob gets to you or a tank keeps the mobs off you and fire away. The second cannot happen unless you have someone that can lock down like CM Wizard. The first is possible viable at low MP but that takes us back to the topic of build diversity on higher MPs.

"these builds are being overshadowed by the ease and effectiveness of CM and Archon. We don’t want to just keep on increasing numbers, as that would make that class spiral out of control balance-wise."

We survived 1.07, but there's a clear target on our backs.

I do not believe so. The target was on our back before 1.05. Now it takes high quality gear to be an effective CM wizard. Blizzard will not be nerfing a CM wizard anymore until they work out other problems with other spells and runes.
Reply Quote
Lol don't jinx it. We're not off the hook yet
Reply Quote
Yep.

Like I said, there's a lot that interesting in that write up.

I am going to have to disagree with you here. I fully expected a lot more detailed response out of Blizzard. Show me where Blizzard addressed the fact that Monks got the change Blizzard promised them. They absolutely said Monk changes would go beyond number tweaking yet that is all they did and in the Q&A stated the same ole thing about build diversity and how buffing skills is the way to go. Buffing is essentially number tweaking an ability to make it more powerful.

Yet look at Arcane Orb for Wizards if you want an idea of what a buff means to Blizzard. I want one Wizard on this forum to come out and say "Yes I will use Arcane Orb for MP8+ farming because it is now a viable spell."
Reply Quote
For me the fact they didnt nerf us is a buff in it of itself. I guess we've been nerfed for so long I forgot how to ask/demand more.
Reply Quote
A few interesting tidbits, but overall what a boring Q&A. They didn't answer a lot of the questions we had.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Azodeus
And they have known this for a long time. This is not new information here.

Oy, Azodeus, I didn't say it was new information. It doesn't matter if the whole universe knew it a long time ago; the statement in the Q&A was signficant only for the intent to solve the problems with channeled skills. Nuance.

They will look at three areas. That's not enough for some, but that's all that got answered this time. It was more than I, personally, thought would get even mentioned.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 11:08 AMPosted by SteelPhantom
why would u use ao for 300 when u can use molten impact for 390 and it works with conflag?

that's what I'm saying!! no one would even care if they buffed it more than they plan to...
Reply Quote
^Chang, are you going to tell me what this name is about? :-D

Back to not derailing ...
Reply Quote
View profile
Not proud of it...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912310?page=30#583
Reply Quote
WOW the questions and answers was worse and below any imaginable expectation. If you don't think this game is down the tubes, time to get your head checked. I will be quitting, love ya'll.
Reply Quote
A look on the brightside is that we will be able to get paragon 100 faster. I am glad we did not get the neft hammer again this time. I will continue to play SNS and farm paragon and gear. Nothing has changed as I will not waste time with the new crafted gear. Patch 1.07 was nothing big really, although blizzard would like you to believe it is. 90% of this patch was number adjustment. The only real addition patch 1.07 gives us is new crafting recipes which maybe on 5% of the community will use and a dueling system that will be boring in 3 weeks time.

Time to move on and starting thinking about 1.08 or 1.1
Reply Quote
View profile
Not proud of it...

i dont get it :)
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 12:28 PMPosted by s8a8i14
I will be quitting, love ya'll.

dibs on gear.
Reply Quote
next week on RMAH :)))
Reply Quote
The only exciting things about this patch is the increase in pick of radius from 1.5m to 3m. I also like the fact that my toon will no longer flinch when hit by multiple enemies.

Unless they choose to remove those features in the final release.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 12:29 PMPosted by SteelPhantom

yeah, well, what's a steel panther?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 12:42 PMPosted by ChangBooster

yeah, well, what's a steel panther?

whos a steel panther?
im a phantom
Reply Quote
ChangBooster, LOL, I'm not sure if that was serious or ... but if it's true, then O.O (whoa) !

If you all want to read a rant, go the Diablo subreddit on reddit. LOL. Lylirra has also posted in that thread.
Reply Quote
whos a steel panther?im a phantom

he's still doing blow...just not at redroof inn anymorz...
Reply Quote
View profile
whos a steel panther?
im a phantom

I remember seeing someone erroneously call you that several months ago, for some reason I think of that like every time I read one of your posts lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]