Diablo® III

Dev Q&A

post a link to the thread pls.
Reply Quote
View profile
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592201732?page=1#6

k i guess it was less than a month ago...managed to dig it up with help of google...
Reply Quote
View profile
unless you were talking about the reddit thing Jen was talking about...then, yes she should post that link. is reddit difficult to navigate or am i just stupid?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 12:59 PMPosted by ChangBooster
unless you were talking about the reddit thing Jen was talking about...then, yes she should post that link. is reddit difficult to navigate or am i just stupid?

dont worry im stupid too, at least u can blame it on some of that powdah
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 12:59 PMPosted by ChangBooster

i cant find it either
Reply Quote
ChangBooster, LOL, I'm not sure if that was serious or ... but if it's true, then O.O (whoa) !

If you all want to read a rant, go the Diablo subreddit on reddit. LOL. Lylirra has also posted in that thread.

give us the link!!!!
Reply Quote
/r/Diablo

Read that rant! Lylirra posts throughout, get downvoted, wants to know why.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/18bj6e/ask_the_devs_round_1_patch_107_answers/
Reply Quote
/r/Diablo

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/18bj6e/ask_the_devs_round_1_patch_107_answers/

Oh yes thats a good read.
Reply Quote
View profile
thanks, Jen!
Reply Quote
Honestly what is so hard to understand. It is like they have blinders on over there at Blizzard. They honestly cant see what is so wrong with the Q&A? I mean honestly screw patch 1.07 they can always go patch 1.08 and further add/modify stuff. But the Q&A honestly they blew it and cherry picked questions to make themselves look good in a bad situation, we saw through it and called them out.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:58 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I think I begin whoopadeedoo's liquidation sale tomorrow. :(

please please can i have the unity and lacuni!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Azodeus
I think I begin whoopadeedoo's liquidation sale tomorrow. :(

please please can i have the unity and lacuni!!!!!!!!

hey sharing is caring
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 02:28 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Here's my plan: I have a crapton of crafting mats. I'm going to craft 500 gloves. If not a single one beats either the one my Wiz or WD is wearing, I'm out. The RNG gods will decide my fate ... par for the D3 course.

well if ur counting on rng, say hello to warath in poe will ya
Reply Quote
/r/Diablo

Lol I actually think they were being really nice to her and she's just not used to posters actually having the ability to downvote. She really shouldn't be surprised at all. If players could downvote CM stuff here all her posts would be auto buried, are you kidding me? Sorry more trolling here, waaaay more than even reddit. They're just honest over there.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/11/2013 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
She acted surprised!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/11/2013 03:39 PMPosted by MasterJay
Lol I actually think they were being really nice to her and she's just not used to posters actually having the ability to downvote. She really shouldn't be surprised at all. If players could downvote CM stuff here all her posts would be auto buried, are you kidding me? Sorry more trolling here, waaaay more than even reddit. They're just honest over there.

I've no issues with being downvoted -- if you disagree with what I said, go ahead and use the tools you're given to express your disagreement. In terms of mechanics, the only downside to downvoting is that it buries the post (and thus any information contained within). That becomes an issue when you already have a lot of players complaining they can't find information from Blizzard, and when the whole point of me jumping into the thread to begin with was to try to provide some clarity and answer a few follow-up questions. Like I said in one of my posts in that chain, there are pros and cons to every system, and replies from Blizzard getting buried is just one of the cons you learn to live with when posting on Reddit (beyond that, I think karma is great).

I'm a pretty active Redditor in my spare time, and I feel like downvotes shouldn't be arbitrary since they have the power to remove posts from an entire conversation, so I was encouraging people who were clicking that button to let me know what they actually disagreed with. I can't take "well, I got 10 downvotes" to the developers. I can't also really make meaningful changes to the Q&A format using only the number of downvotes I got as feedback. I made a lot of different points in the post that was being downvoted, and I just wanted to know which of those points people took issue wish. That's not naivety, that's just doing my job. :)

02/11/2013 03:43 PMPosted by jenpeezey
She acted surprised!

High heavens forbid I encourage people to think about why they're downvoting a post. ;)
Edited by Lylirra on 2/12/2013 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
And there I was thinking the Wizard forums was my Sanctuary from Blue posters.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/12/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Aphraell
And there I was thinking the Wizard forums was my Sanctuary from Blue posters.

I aim to misbehave.

(Or something along those lines.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]