Diablo® III

Dev Q&A

02/12/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
And there I was thinking the Wizard forums was my Sanctuary from Blue posters.

I aim to misbehave.

(Or something along those lines.)

sounds hot, i'll bring the fuzzy cuffs.
Reply Quote
You sound like my wife.

All talk!~
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You sound like my wife.

All talk!~

I could, you know, suspend you from the forums or something?

...I'm actually really bad at this whole deviant thing. :(
Reply Quote

I aim to misbehave.

Hehehehe, sounds like we have a Firefly fan here! :D

Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. -Malcom Reynolds
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 2/12/2013 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Lylirra

I aim to misbehave.

Epic quote a little Serenity reference goes a long way into making bad day of waiting to re-patch the the third time a little bit better.
Reply Quote
You sound like my wife.

All talk!~

I could, you know, suspend you from the forums or something?

...I'm actually really bad at this whole deviant thing. :(

Well it is Valentines Day tomorrow and my Wife would absolutely love for that to happen.

I on the other hand would NOT! :)

I even left the new patch for 40mins today to buy her some nice earrings. Got to play it safe sometimes.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Harrowing

I aim to misbehave.

Epic quote a little Serenity reference goes a long way into making bad day of waiting to re-patch the the third time a little bit better.
Agreed, that's boss in my book! :p
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Lylirra
Lol I actually think they were being really nice to her and she's just not used to posters actually having the ability to downvote. She really shouldn't be surprised at all. If players could downvote CM stuff here all her posts would be auto buried, are you kidding me? Sorry more trolling here, waaaay more than even reddit. They're just honest over there.

I've no issues with being downvoted -- if you disagree with what I said, go ahead and use the tools you're given to express your disagreement. In terms of mechanics, the only downside to downvoting is that it buries the post (and thus any information contained within). That becomes an issue when you already have a lot of players complaining they can't find information from Blizzard, and when the whole point of me jumping into the thread to begin with was to try to provide some clarity and answer a few follow-up questions. Like I said in one of my posts in that chain, there are pros and cons to every system, and replies from Blizzard getting buried is just one of the cons you learn to live with when posting on Reddit (beyond that, I think karma is great).

I'm a pretty active Redditor in my spare time, and I feel like downvotes shouldn't be arbitrary since they have the power to remove posts from an entire conversation, so I was encouraging people who were clicking that button to let me know what they actually disagreed with. I can't take "well, I got 10 downvotes" to the developers. I can't also really make meaningful changes to the Q&A format using only the number of downvotes I got as feedback. I made a lot of different points in the post that was being downvoted, and I just wanted to know which of those points people took issue wish. That's not naivety, that's just doing my job. :)

She acted surprised!

High heavens forbid I encourage people to think about why they're downvoting a post. ;)

Ma'am yes ma'am, and I think you do a great job - initially I just think you were taking developer angst too personally, just my opinion on how it looked thanks for explaining :)
Reply Quote
anyway, while she is here anyone want to come up with a Wizard Wish list she can pass on to the Devs?
Reply Quote
Blue! My entire world has shaken.

No wonder my off-topic stuff got deleted. The secret is out.

Welcome to the Wiz community Lylirra.

I dont think anyones all that tore up about 1.07 here though, just a little venting cause we didn't get everything we had hoped for. The new crafting stuff all seems positive from the people I've spoken too.

The Q&A did take us a little aback a few places though and there was a bit of discontent with some of the assumptions made about 'what the players want' being so much different than what our circle of highly active players want.

Archons are upset they still can't play multi, lots of us are upset we cant use marqs without throwing money away for practically no gain (and we disagree that they will result in a better item sink as BoA than as tradeable).

But, I hope you arnt put off too bad, I noticed a TON of wizard forum threads have been hitting the top 10 lately while hardly nothing for any of the other class forums. I really think the CMs would gain alot from trolling around the discussions that occur here.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:25 PMPosted by s8a8i14
anyway, while she is here anyone want to come up with a Wizard Wish list she can pass on to the Devs?

You mean the whole 'we don't like Wizard synergies and would like to improve on em' but do absolutely nothing about it but increase our damage on not-used-skills for 1.07 thing? That was Vaeflare saying that, but maybe Lylirra can help us out with that!
Reply Quote

If monk's do get inherrant One with Everything as part of their class Wizards should have inherrant 20~30 Arcane power on Crit by default separate from gear.

Also where is the wave of Force buff?<--- you guys buffed all the somewhat under used skills, but not any of the ones that are actually NEVER used I.e. Wave of Force, Paralysis, Arc lighting, Power Hungry, Non-runed skills, etc
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Ma'am yes ma'am, and I think you do a great job - initially I just think you were taking developer angst too personally, just my opinion on how it looked thanks for explaining :)

In most cases, angst is just a synonym for passion, and it's hard to get upset about that. I think it's great that players have such strong opinions about a video game AND have ways to express those opinions directly to people responsible for creating it. Apathy is actually far more unnerving for me (but that's just imo).
Edited by Lylirra on 2/12/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea we'll adopt you as "our" Blue :)

We have a great Community here compared to the other Class forums, We have few trolls but they're friendly enough, abit like having a pet dog name Eric.
Reply Quote
or he, could be a guy. My bad if you are.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:30 PMPosted by s8a8i14
or he, could be a guy. My bad if you are.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163086/happy-holidays-12-21-2012

below letter

or

https://twitter.com/lylirra

only guy is Grimiku, not sure about this new hardcore CM assuming guy though by the posts.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/12/2013 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
No wonder my off-topic stuff got deleted. The secret is out.

I assumed that because it wasn't located in entertainment that it got moved, but no cant find it anywhere at all. Which is Fine, because technically its not the place for, just glad your not banned though Shandler was worried for a bit

Welcome to the Wiz community Lylirra.

I dont think anyones all that tore up about 1.07 here though, just a little venting cause we didn't get everything we had hoped for. The new crafting stuff all seems positive from the people I've spoken too

Same here wishing you the best on your endeavours while you peruse the inner mind of the wizard forums. Also, Exactly Shandler We as a community were hoping for more from the last round of PTR being 1.05, but what Blizzard gave us fell short of our Expectations. Nothing wrong on their part.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I'm just chillin' at home, keeping an eye on this issue, but if you want to round up your "top 5 awesome Wizard threads that Lylirra should read," I'm game. I'm betting that I've already seen and passed on most of the feedback (we read the class forums often, even if we don't typically post in them) but hey! You might surprise me.

(PS - Try to surprise me.)
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
Apathy is actually far more unnerving for me (but that's just imo).

True..apathy in a way also wouldn't be good for your profession I suppose heh. I'd be working blind with too much apathy as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]