Diablo® III

Inferno was fun once

02/10/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Recluce
Given the gear we all have now, we would all be facerolling inferno by now anyway.
But the only reason everyone has great gear now is that it is widely available because there are more people farming inferno.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/10/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
It took an eternity to find a single item that was an upgrade and you would lose a billion gold from dying over and over. It was not fun.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:50 AMPosted by vexorian
Given the gear we all have now, we would all be facerolling inferno by now anyway.
But the level 63 gear is so widely now available only because more people are able to farm inferno.

Well that is half the problem. It is not wrong that everyone be able to farm inferno in speed mode eventually. It was the pace of the progression. First it was slow, and probably too slow. But much of that was a consequence of the game being new.

Then, instead of tuning they opened the flood gates. Items needed to absolutely face roll inferno became dirt cheap in no time. Content progression was wiped away, and gear progression became a joke because it was so cheap to buy great gear that self found upgrades were hardly seen, and the really godly gear is still expensive, but relatively unnecessary because we are already facerolling inferno.

Like I have said many times in this thread, I do not think a jump back to the first month of the game is necessary or desirable at this point. But, is there no room for middle ground where we can have some optional content that is truly difficult, more regular content updated that provide challenge for a while until they outgeared, etc.
Reply Quote
Before the patch, I wasn't able to farm act 2 at all.
Could barely survive a few seconds over there.

I knew I had to work for it, farm more, but upgrades didn't drop at all.
So that upcoming nerf was nice to hear.

After the nerf, act 2 became MUCH too easy.
The drops didn't change much. You'd still not find much on your own without the use of the AH but the nerf felt way too exagerrated.

Now it's not a real goal anymore to finish Inferno. Everyone can do that.
One exception: hardcore.
Never thought I would play that (never liked it in D2), but it's the only place where this game is still a real challenge.

Upping the MP levels for softcore players can be considered a goal, but it feels artificial.

Right from the start, it was too much "double this! half that!"
It shows they had no clue what they were doing.
No clue at all.
And they still don't cause even now, the itimization is horrendous.

Just my 2 cents.
Edited by Sjippie#1970 on 2/10/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Jolly
not everyone is suppose to be able to farm inferno, to get those gg trifectas and everything was suppose to be a reward for the top of the top players

Yes, only the best of the best players should be able to take on Inferno. Players like you. After all, it's rare to find a player who can pilot a WW barbarian. You could practice that skill rotation your whole life and never master it.

lol i love that you assume i have only used a ww barb, and that i havent stripd fully geared wizzes,wds,monks and a dh, u dont get sick of 1 type of char?

02/10/2013 09:48 AMPosted by SeeknDestroy
This is an epeen syndrome, now they are just mad that casual players can now beat inferno and farm the same high-end gear. They don't feel so special anymore but they forget that with the AH, there's nothing so special to brag about, you could become an ''elite player'' by spending $$

epeen was not at all what my post is about
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:48 AMPosted by SeeknDestroy
This is an epeen syndrome, now they are just mad that casual players can now beat inferno and farm the same high-end gear. They don't feel so special anymore but they forget that with the AH, there's nothing so special to brag about, you could become an ''elite player'' by spending $$

this is possible in ANY GAME
i think you are also missing the point of my post, lack of reading syndrome i suppose
Reply Quote
Try hardcore. Better economy and more challenge.
Reply Quote
this lack of challenge occurred because of more players progressing and slowly flooding the AH till it got to a point where the market was saturated with good gear.

well thought out economy blozz. now the game's dead.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 10:06 AMPosted by LSU
Try hardcore. Better economy and more challenge.

ive tried hardcore, i normally dont get much lag or rubber banding or anything, i tried harcdore once and it was 5x worse than any lag i had before.

maybe ill give it another go sometime.
but hardcore would Still have most of the same issues woudlnt it?
Reply Quote
I had the most fun with the game back then also. Maybe that's also because our DPS and armour wasn't the best at that time so was so much harder. I think I might have hit 25-35K DPS around then.

Besides that, I don't know why MP8-10 hasn't been made into varying insane difficulties. Ubber life is one thing but challenge would be a lot of fun. My DPS isn't at a great level yet for MP10 but I can play at that level. It just becomes a time thing being that it takes so much longer to kill things. If I had higher DPS it will start feeling like any other MP levels.

MP10 should have invulnerable minions and vampiric that actually does life steal and regens life. At least that way you have a beginner level to advanced and suites everyone's interests. [[ Complainers can have MP0 and people who like to challenge can have the higher MP. :-P ]]

I've played too much I guess.. starting to find it real difficult to keep my interest to play now. I hope they add some content or something. The PTR duelling was fun for a while. The PTR as it is now even seems easier to play higher MP levels than it is now. I hope that's just because of the PTR.
Reply Quote
I remember rushing to beat inferno before 1.03 came on and nerfed everything.

Izual was the hardest boss IMO, Rakanoth was a good second. I think I failed the Izual encounter at least 30 times before I finally got through. After that Diablo was a walk in the park.
Reply Quote
i miss the invulnerable minions you'd run across every once in awhile.
Reply Quote
Im kind of conflicted about the nerfs. I beat act 1 with 9k damage and 1200 loh and 900 resist and 7k armor and just barely did it. I beat act 2 with similar stats but with 24 k damage, and no matter if i had 1110 resist 9k armor lifeteal and 1600 and 1000 lps i died at ghom in act 3. I was on the verge of quitting, ghom was impossible for a monk. But the ghom nerf was so bad i just rolled him, a little nerf would of been sufficient but they made an immortal into a cupcake.
Reply Quote
You guys are out of your minds. Inferno was never challenging, it was cheap as hell. Farming Act1 for a few weeks to 'properly gear up' for the next Act? Are you insane? I farmed for *HUNDREDS* of hours, and not a damn thing worth spit ever dropped for me. Never saw a set item, not once, until very recently.

Yeah - I miss having invulnerable minions charging down a narrow corridor, blocking my ability to DPS the elite, the one enemy that could be damaged, or other super 'challenging' situations I won't even bother to get into.

Game too easy? Increase monster power.

Gear too powerful? Wah! You're playing an ARPG, not Everquest. Figure it out. Also the gear doesn't just up and vanish out of the game, neither does much of the gold, what did you think was going to happen to the game ecnomy over time? Nerfs don't even matter there - same thing would have happened. Gear gets cheaper. Supply and demand kids. Learn it.

Stop using the auction house then if you really have to. Still not happy? K, then go back to WoW I guess..or whatever ridiculous PvE grinder you love so much.

when the game was first releseased set items and legendaries where never made to be BIS, it was all suppose to be about the rares.

i enjoyed the non killable minions, u had to figure out a way to seperate them, or u had to aoe ur way through.

monster power doesnt make things all that much more diffucult, just makes things take LONGER, taking more time and being more difficult are 2 different things, arcane/shielding/jailer/ w/e is gona cause u just as much difficulty on mp3 as mp 10, mp 10 will jsut take much much longer to deal with.if you play in groups, any mp is possible.

the econemy wouldnt be so bad as it is now, if they wouldnt have made inferno as easilly accessisable, casual players would have made it there eventually yes, but would have taken longer, and would have given the devs more time to introduce more items and more content.

have never played wow actually, spent years playing d1 and d2 tho, :D
Reply Quote
So you're saying you can plow through mp10? The game is that easy right? I bet you're doing mp0-1.
Reply Quote
Im kind of conflicted about the nerfs. I beat act 1 with 9k damage and 1200 loh and 900 resist and 7k armor and just barely did it. I beat act 2 with similar stats but with 24 k damage, and no matter if i had 1110 resist 9k armor lifeteal and 1600 and 1000 lps i died at ghom in act 3. I was on the verge of quitting, ghom was impossible for a monk. But the ghom nerf was so bad i just rolled him, a little nerf would of been sufficient but they made an immortal into a cupcake.

exactly, some small tweaks here and there would have bin more than sufficent. instead they jsut took a dive.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 10:36 AMPosted by MAGICWOOD
So you're saying you can plow through mp10? The game is that easy right? I bet you're doing mp0-1.

i usually farm mp3-5 depending on what i am doing.
I can farm mp 10, but theres no point, time vs reward is not high enough.
but this was never what i was trying to convey in any of my posts :(

the nerf to inferno was not needed to be done in the way the did, its the same with what they did to the ias nerf.
Edited by Azurewrath#1388 on 2/10/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pffft. More whining. Try hardcore and then talk about how easy this game is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]