Diablo® III

Inferno was fun once

02/10/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Azurewrath
and how exciting finding a new upgrade was

Hold the phone! You found an upgrade? You didn't have to buy an upgrade?
Reply Quote
Oh so the only way a player should be able to even enter inferno is to have the trifecta gloves, rings and amulet. All with perfect rolls huh. Sorry inferno is part of the game. It has the best gear in the game and in time everyone should be able to acquire that gear.

You fail to realize that Blizz had made this game like all of their other games. Where they transition a casual player into a hardcore player (no not hardcore character). Blizz said themselves that if a player clears hell they have the skill to beat inferno. All that is needed is the gear. So it was not there just for you and a small handful of players.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Nahtano
and how exciting finding a new upgrade was

Hold the phone! You found an upgrade? You didn't have to buy an upgrade?

yah when the game first came out, i ran hell quite a few times and found some pretty descent upgrades that made the transition to inferno much easier. I also used trading like i did back in d2.
u dont have to rely on just the ah for your upgrades.
Reply Quote
I love the old inferno, Ghom fight was a beast.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Ricstar
I love the old inferno, Ghom fight was a beast.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I really gotta agree with this--I would love to have the old inferno back since they buffed our dropped and crafted items considerably. MP isn't quite as elegant because the HP of the mobs scales like crazy. Even if it's just a ladder mode, I would like to see it. The final difficulty mode of the game shouldn't be so easy imo, even on MP0.
Reply Quote
It was indeed overnerfed. But it wasn't fun either to be 1shot by some random lacuni jumping on your face or by those charging guys in A4. What they did wrong is that they made individual monsters stupidly strong and called that hard, when in fact it was in fact just frustrating. Playing a DH was quite frustrating, given the fact you'd be very likely to leave your hitbox a block away from you while vaulting, getting 1shot by some random fallen guy from a mile away, specially if you didn't want to go the flip2win way (i didn't by this game to play an AH simulator). They went from an extreme to the other, but i suppose the MP system kinda helps with that now, allowing everyone to play at their own pace. After all, games are supposed to be enjoyable, right?

A more appropriate challenge would be something like what Path of Exile has. Enemies individually aren't terrifying, but together a pack can be a real pain in the !@# even if they aren't elites, because at higher difficulties they have some nasty effects by default, a way more interesting approach to difficulty than the rather boring and unimaginative flat % of extra health and damage to monsters. This encourages the player to actively develop "divide and conquer" strategies to deal with them instead of just being 1shot by a random bug because you lagged for a second, or because hitboxes weren't properly developed. It would also make higher difficulties mean more than just dps checks.
Reply Quote
It was indeed overnerfed. But it wasn't fun either to be 1shot by some random lacuni jumping on your face or by those charging guys in A4. What they did wrong is that they made individual monsters stupidly strong and called that hard, when in fact it was in fact just frustrating. Playing a DH was quite frustrating, given the fact you'd be very likely to leave your hitbox a block away from you while vaulting, getting 1shot by some random fallen guy from a mile away, specially if you didn't want to go the flip2win way (i didn't by this game to play an AH simulator). They went from an extreme to the other, but i suppose the MP system kinda helps with that now, allowing everyone to play at their own pace. After all, games are supposed to be enjoyable, right?

A more appropriate challenge would be something like what Path of Exile has. Enemies individually aren't terrifying, but together a pack can be a real pain in the !@# even if they aren't elites, because at higher difficulties they have some nasty effects by default, a way more interesting approach to difficulty than the rather boring and unimaginative flat % of extra health and damage to monsters. This encourages the player to actively develop "divide and conquer" strategies to deal with them instead of just being 1shot by a random bug because you lagged for a second, or because hitboxes weren't properly developed. It would also make higher difficulties mean more than just dps checks.

I agree, blizzard could also come up with more interesting affixes for mobs.
Reply Quote
Oh yea inferno was great....I loved stacking defense on every single item slot, skill, and passive, and still getting killed in 3 hits. Also enjoyed having to make a glass cannon DH that died in one hit to any enemy in the game just to be able to farm. SO FUN!
Reply Quote
I think people were forgetting that item lvls were capped at different acts. Act 4 Hell mode only dropped items up to lvl 60, A1 Inferno lvl 61, and so on with the vast majority of items being under the max possible lvl. The problem is that a lot of the acts required gear that only dropped from the next act in order to beat your current Act. So no amount of Hell farming was going to help you in Inferno.

The only reason a lot of people had some success in Pre 1.03 Inferno was that the DH and Wiz had some clearly overpowered builds that let them bypass all of the content and begin farming the highest ilvls in A3 and 4 which they then sold down.
Reply Quote
Inferno wasn't fun because the gear dropped in every act WAS terrible, you had to get on your DH and perma smoke in ACT 4 killing quest mini bosses with Tyrael help or farming vases to get gear for Act II and III.
Reply Quote
i agree, people who where unable to play whined and got there way, and now look at the state of the game, the addition of ubers was great, and the buff of legendaries( even tho un needed) was a step in the right direction as well, very little has bin done to increase the amount of actual content in the game. This is something that needs to be adressed as well,

So we need a ladder, them to buff the difficulty of inferno and to add a little more content every now and then.

How do you propose they make a ladder? Wait before you answer that you would have to at least understand what it takes. Of course if you understood that you would know why we don't have one.

they would make a ladder/non ladder system liek they had in d2?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
one last bump before the thread dies
Reply Quote
I have express many times my negative view for that difficulty

* We were promised end game difficulty instead we got another lore/questing difficulty which is absolutely the same as the previous difficulties
* Inferno plays the role of what hell used to be in diablo series, the only difference is annoyingly inflated stats

I think the idea blizzard had to begin with for inferno was good but they need to think for somethink good and rework inferno into somethink that is not just the next difficulty but special one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]