Diablo® III

Need Suggestions for all around better monk

I suck at this game and sadly need people to help me. What can i buy that will make me stronger right now i can only do MP4 and would like to do MP7 will have about 70 million to work with thx.
Reply Quote
Hey Snapfu,

Well, on first glance, you don't appear to be stacking a specific res + all res, but it looks like the majority of it is arcane, so maybe stick with this one, as at the moment, you aren't making the best of OwE. At the moment, you are at a very important milestone where bad choices in gear can result in you having to re-gear again later on.

If I were you, I would start looking at some of the legend sets, and how you may need to gear around them e.g. Inna's set lacks innate resistances, and all res costs a fortune on these pieces. I have found the issue with Nat's boots and ring to be a lack of Vit, or, in other words, how expensive Vit is on these pieces.

You also don't appear to have much in the way of life sustain. Life on hit will certainly help with increasing survivability so I would pick up some of that. Unity rings are quite good for some LoH, crit, avg dmg, and dex so maybe one of these? Consider switching to lifesteal only when you get close to the 90k - 100k dps mark, as the reduction in Inferno is quite a hit.

I like to try and keep defensive stats off rings and amulets if at all possible, as most of your dps output will come from these! Armor items should carry the most of your dex, vit, and all res.

Thoughts?
Edited by Anarki99#6606 on 2/10/2013 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, check KammelJabber's thread that links out to all the superb Monk guides on here :D

Link - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Edited by Anarki99#6606 on 2/10/2013 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Read up on monks. A lot. Here's the short list of what's wrong with your character:

1. No sustain aside from 1K life after killl, which doesn't work well vs. champs
2. No mantra
3. Resistance of 350 or so
4. Spread of elemental resistances with OWE
5. Combination Strike with only one spirit generator
6. Circle of Life (What's worth more: an extra 2K heal, or +15% damage?)
7. No STI
8. Poorly equipped followers

I suppose you're using the Templar for your sustain, but he doesn't provide nearly enough. Especially when you're only rockin' around 270K EHP. That's just not gonna cut it.

Start with some guides, make a few changes, and then come back with an update. Once you're monk's off life support, some of the medics here can patch him up. Right now, he belongs on a slab. No offense :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]