Diablo® III

Hardcore Characters and Account Rollbacks Update

Community Manager
With the release of patch 1.0.7, we will no longer be reviving or undeleting Hardcore characters as part of an account rollback. This adjustment to our rollback service is being done for two reasons:

• Hardcore characters were never intended to be revived or undeleted by an account rollback. Bringing Hardcore characters back to life via rollback really isn't in the spirit of Hardcore (where death is permanent, no matter the circumstances). When we originally adapted our rollback services for Diablo III, however, we didn't have the technology to make Hardcore characters exempt. We've wanted to bring our rollback policies regarding Hardcore characters in line with the game for a while, and as of patch 1.0.7 we will have the tools to do so.

• In recent months, we've discovered that some players who’ve lost Hardcore characters through normal gameplay will fake an account compromise and request a rollback through Customer Support in order to get their characters revived. Not only is this an abuse of the services we provide to the community, but it also impacts other players who have submitted legitimate inquiries by increasing wait times across the board.

Patch 1.0.7 is currently scheduled to release tomorrow in all regions. For more information about our restoration and rollback policies for Diablo III, please view the following Support articles:

To learn more about account security, check out: http://us.battle.net/en/security/
Edited by Lylirra on 2/11/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Full patch notes out yet?
Reply Quote
US Blue's covering their butts?

Either way, finally.
Reply Quote
Lylirra, I apologize for my created thread from about 30 seconds ago. You did exactly what I was asking about, lol I guess that is my mistake for jumping the gun.

Anyway, thanks.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:07 AMPosted by MainEvent41
Full patch notes out yet?

yes please...
Reply Quote
This made my day... TY TY
Reply Quote
Gathering gems
Reply Quote
Great. Now can you get to work on preventing people from using this service to dupe items? I'd rather a have a dupe free game and not be able to get my stuff back after a hack.
Reply Quote
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can't wait for the patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I really wish you guys would let US decide if team deathmatch is fun or not. That demo video of PvP and arena got me so excited for this game, and it's what keeps me playing still today.. but I see no information here on future plans to release it.

Team deathmatch: Oh yea, we decided it wasn't fun for you guys, so we added something where you just right click each other aimlessly with no metrics, scoring, progression or reward.

How is it you think brawling is "more fun" then team death match? I would love a solid answer.
Reply Quote
Hellz...yeah!

Finally.

Patch time baby!
Reply Quote
1.07 finally out tomorrow. Fantastic! :-)
Reply Quote
well,you assume they actually made the deathmatch .....
reality check, they didn't!!!
so, this deathmatch story was just to put out to make you feel better about "brawling"

I really wish you guys would let US decide if team deathmatch is fun or not. That demo video of PvP and arena got me so excited for this game, and it's what keeps me playing still today.. but I see no information here on future plans to release it.

Team deathmatch: Oh yea, we decided it wasn't fun for you guys, so we added something where you just right click each other aimlessly with no metrics, scoring, progression or reward.

How is it you think brawling is "more fun" then team death match? I would love a solid answer.
Reply Quote
hey blizz why the haste
you releasing the patch tomorrow duh, why u don't wait few years set back and relax
Reply Quote
PREY TO THE LORDS!!!!
Reply Quote

• Hardcore characters were never intended to be revived or undeleted by an account rollback. Bringing Hardcore characters back to life via rollback really isn't in the spirit of Hardcore (where death is permanent, no matter the circumstances).

Hardcore characters were never intended to die to a DC or a game crash either. But that's what happened to mine, quite a double standard you have.
Reply Quote
Patch 1.0.7 is currently scheduled to release tomorrow in all regions.

Best news so far.

[quote]
Hardcore characters were never intended to die to a DC or a game crash either. But that's what happened to mine, quite a double standard you have.

Who said DC was never intended?

02/11/2013 11:01 AMPosted by RottingSoul
i sure hope it's a hell of a lot better than the PTR version....

you'll be disappointed.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 2/11/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
i sure hope it's a hell of a lot better than the PTR version....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]