Diablo® III

Hardcore Characters and Account Rollbacks Update

Once again blizzard hurts the honest players instead of dealing with the scum.
Reply Quote

Careful they might actually listen to us for once

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! :D
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Goldenaxe
Never died once to DC in Path of Exile Hardcore. I'm not saying I don't DC, I do, and a lot in fact, but not once did I die. Instead of creating policies of not reviving anyone, they should go and check the program of GGG.

You do not die in HC in POE anyway...

From the game FAQ over there:

Hardcore

Typically, “hardcore mode” in action RPGs involves permadeath. A character killed in this mode cannot be accessed any more. In Path of Exile, slain hardcore characters revert to the parent non-hardcore league. This system encourages non-hardcore players to try the hardcore game mode, while still permanently removing hardcore characters from the economy when they die.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Runeknight95

You'd be correct if this was a policy change to deal with a problem. It's not. Blizzard just said that they NEVER intended to allow anyone, even honest players, from recovering a HC character that died due to an account compromise.

HC characters that die are gone forever, period. This isn't a policy change. It's the old policy, they just didn't have the tools to enforce it until now.

An "honest player" that got their HC character brought back to life by a legitimate account rollback pre-1.0.7 should voluntarily kill off that character, since it was never Blizzard's intention to restore that character to life. It's supposed to be dead.
Reply Quote
I've lost multiple Hardcore characters to server issues, not mine. There should be exceptions to the Hardcore death rule.
Reply Quote
Better late than never.
Reply Quote
What's that you died cause of sever lag well we are so sure it's not our sever that we wont even listen.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Furydeath
What's that you died cause of sever lag well we are so sure it's not our sever that we wont even listen.

agree
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Gergall

You'd be correct if this was a policy change to deal with a problem. It's not. Blizzard just said that they NEVER intended to allow anyone, even honest players, from recovering a HC character that died due to an account compromise.

HC characters that die are gone forever, period. This isn't a policy change. It's the old policy, they just didn't have the tools to enforce it until now.

An "honest player" that got their HC character brought back to life by a legitimate account rollback pre-1.0.7 should voluntarily kill off that character, since it was never Blizzard's intention to restore that character to life. It's supposed to be dead.

1. I never talked about any policies, whats fair is fair. Some nerd hacks your account and laughs as he kills your hardcore charcters, you have no chance of getting them abck
2. Yea thatll happen, players whove gotten hacked and rolled abck are going to all say ya lets go kill our hc dudes, ROFLMAO

Point still stands, everything blizzard does to fight scum always hurts the honest players
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 02:43 AMPosted by Runeknight95
Point still stands, everything blizzard does to fight scum always hurts the honest players

Well the rollback policy hurt all the honest players out there when it was/is being exploited. The policy for HC has been to never revive a fallen hero. Period.

But because some idiots use the same password for their bnet account and fan sites(that are easily hackable compared to battle.net) Blizzard had to take action and did this rollback crap.

I'm happy they went back to their HC policy and will no longer do this. Blizzard shouldn't have to destroy the concept HC because people can't secure their passwords.

I've died many times, and will die many more. Man up and accept the consequences for your actions that lead to your character dying, whether it be your dog pulling the modem out of the wall or your account being hacked. Blizzard offers free authenticators for those people who want that extra layer of security.

I have never been hacked and I don't use an authenticator. I don't see why other players can't do the same and be careful, especially if the game they are playing has a RMAH. Yet another reason to abolish rollbacks all together.

I'm proud of the employee(s) that decided to end rollbacks for Hardcore. Good job guys.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Faol
I have never been hacked and I don't use an authenticator. I don't see why other players can't do the same and be careful, especially if the game they are playing has a RMAH. Yet another reason to abolish rollbacks all together.

enough already! you judge people, yet have never been hacked
I know some people who got hacked, yet they do the same as you ....
*sighs*

just read this one thing : http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html
account hacking exists even if most cases are people who do not know how to protect themselves efficiently...

also have you ever read about sony entertainment PSN getting hacked too ?

now for the record I use an authenticator, unique password with very high password strength, never got hacked myself and I certainly hope it's secure enough
Reply Quote
My hc DC death was the last ill suffer and PoE is starting races this weekend. Plz will the last peep playin turn off the light when they leave. I was entertained for 1000hrs but totally frustrated the last 100. PoE has eliminated the one thing D3 is suffering from (The shareholder).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]