Diablo® III

Armor/AR/EHP sweet spot

Trying to make some adjustments to my set up. I keep leveling up and my MF gear is going over the cap. Time to upgrade!!

My EHP is around 350K, Armor is 5165 and AR is around 486. Per the diminishing return formula, I'm trying to keep Armor and AR around that 100/10 ratio. HP are around 34K

My numbers are a little skewed. That EHP/Armo/AR/HP amount looks god awful low for upper MP levels, but I can stroll around MP6 and take on MP7 due to 105K dps unbuffed and the right passives and due to Thunderstrike keeping me from being attacked by mobs. (Yes, I like to move room to room, clear it out. Loot the floor and then move on to the next room....nice and methodical. I know its not what you WotB/Sprint boys like to do. I get that. Its okay.)

My question is, if I wanted to go a little tougher...say MP8-9, I'm going to need 2 things. More DPS and more AR/Arm/EHP/HP. The questions is HOW much? What exactly is the "sweet spot" for the upper levels USUALLY. I might be able to run a little lower, but I'd like to set up a goal in mind. Is it 6000 Armor + 600 Resists + 1 mil EHP + 50K HP? Ive heard these numbers before but I'm not sure if that is accurate or not. What do you run at MP8 and above for Arm/AR/EHP/HP? If you run low, what passives do you need up to survive the attacks?
Reply Quote
I doubt you can "stroll" around MP6 and MP7 with your setup. I call B.S. on that. your EHP is way too low and DPS is too low to pull that off easily. Your resists at almost 500 are in good shape, but that is all
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 2/11/2013 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Corgon
Is it 6000 Armor + 600 Resists + 1 mil EHP + 50K HP?

More or less depending on setup...

My personal targets (god help me if I ever reach them) is 6000 armor, 60K life, 650 all res unbuffed. That should be good assuming you have the sustain of 5-6% with 150k DPS or greater.

If you can that up and running you life should be pretty grand...

To bad that is easier said then done for me lol...

DAMM U INNA'S! :D

EDIT: It can be done with a little less than what I've listed...but I want to "stroll" through acts as well!
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/11/2013 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
for high mp and uber, ww probably 700k buffed ehp and hota 800k ehp would be my guess. i use war cry and ik belt still and i find it's a lot less stressful in mp10.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 07:22 AMPosted by GreyWolfSif
I doubt you can "stroll" around MP6 and MP7 with your setup. I call B.S. on that. your EHP is way too low and DPS is too low to pull that off easily. Your resists at almost 500 are in good shape, but that is all

Just made these for you. MP6 ACTIII

http://youtu.be/8g-DeT6HZ5E

http://youtu.be/l_hGKkBSAcc

Thunderstrike offsets mobs attacks. Its a permastun ability as long as I keep killing stuff near the targets. It is a tremendous dmg mitigation technique and with REND, mobs dont hurt. With low HP, I need to be a little careful of molten, but usually rend + LS overcomes any dmg
Reply Quote
kudos for doing videos to make a point LOL

i might give thunderstike a try
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 2/11/2013 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Check out my follower set ups too. Especially the Templar. Having him set up like that helps a lot too. Frozen monsters can't attack either
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm just going to say, kiting = no fun. Also 2mins to clear 1/4 FOS = no fun.

Different strokes for different folks.
Reply Quote
Oh yes. The PermaWotB people would get ill watching my vids. I'm methodical. But, my gear is weak and I can still play MP6-7, so for me, it works. I'd rather have the MF boost of the higher MP levels and take my time clearing to a point. I've seen some PermaWotB vids and they are impressive for sure. Someday maybe.
Reply Quote

FYI: If you do mess around with this, do NOT use BASH. You don't want to knock your targets away. I prefer Cleave to generate fury if I needed, but just spam the hammer full time other then a REND to get us going. I like to gather the group around me as much as possible by passing by the mobs and casting rend and moving to the next mob and doing the same thing while the first mob follows. Once you get enough around you, its BOOM BOOM BOOM - All Stun - All Done. :)
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Corgon
Oh yes. The PermaWotB people would get ill watching my vids. I'm methodical. But, my gear is weak and I can still play MP6-7, so for me, it works. I'd rather have the MF boost of the higher MP levels and take my time clearing to a point. I've seen some PermaWotB vids and they are impressive for sure. Someday maybe.

Pretty sure nearly everyone thinks this way at first, then they eventually realize it doesn't pay. Using thunderstrike doesn't mean you have to move slowly, or even that you can't perma-wrath.

Anyways, the gaping flaw in your gear is raw HP. Your build is based entirely off of life regeneration in the form of lifesteal, which means that your health pool is critical, and to an extent even more important than mitigation (AR/armor) and yours is very low. Your AR and armor are strictly speaking high enough to deal with the hardest content in the game, but your healing isn't because it's capped by your low HP. You need a lot more vitality, and eventually a lot more DPS, of course.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/11/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
What you really need more of to do higher MPs with a Skorn build is hp. You will still need more armor/AR (war cry would probably be enough if you got some more HP) but rend/HOTA needs a big HP buffer to allow you to get your healing abilities going. Most deaths at higher MPs are from getting dodge locked and not being able to rend, which more HP will definitely help you with, or just dying in between the bursts of healing you get from HOTA hits/rend applications.

I'd say set a longterm goal of 50k with a purple gem in your helm. Your biggest problem right now with HP is that you have only 123 vit between both your chest and legs, which is where you will get most of your HP at your gear level. I'd buy some rare pants if you want to do higher MP levels, something like 50-100 str, 180+ vit, 70 AR 2 sockets, should only run you a few mil.
Reply Quote
Yeah HP has been a problem. I'm VIT intolerant at the moment. I was looking at some upgrade options and the reasonable ones need to do away with MF. I'm over the cap slightly, so I'm going to pick and choose my spots. Thanks for the advice.
Reply Quote
I have pants that will upgrade you, but without the MF. Let me know if you're interested.
Reply Quote
[quote="79061790781"]Yeah HP has been a problem. I'm VIT intolerant at the moment. I was looking at some upgrade options and the reasonable ones need to do away with MF. I'm over the cap slightly, so I'm going to pick and choose my spots. Thanks for the advice.[/quote
You might want to consider blackthorne's. You'll lose some strength, but I think you can afford to.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have some blackthorns in storage. Not slotted though. I have a 105 str / 196 Vit / 260 Armor pants (2 slotted) in storage, but didn't want to give up the PUR and the AR on the DD's. Its tough when you have certain items like PUR, IAS, etc. locked in on certain items. When you switch those out, you have to try and compensate elsewhere and it can screw up your whole build.
Reply Quote
Clicky profile, the barb "Krag".

1.3 million EHP with war cry and shield. 0.9 million in two hander form. With the shield I can face tank MP10 or MP8 with the two hander.

I recently tried to improve my DPS at the cost of EHP and it didn't work, died 3-4 times during a MP10 uber run. Normally I'll only die on these runs if something happens like a lag out or I fubar or another party member or two goes down.

So if your looking for some numbers to shoot at, there they are.
Reply Quote
Just made these for you. MP6 ACTIII

http://youtu.be/8g-DeT6HZ5E

http://youtu.be/l_hGKkBSAcc

jesus ur mp6 is like my mp10.. except i dont even come close to dying lol
Reply Quote
your armor + AR are fine... but HP is crazy low. most mid tier sets shoot for 500 AR / 5500 armor / 50 - 55k HP.

MF comes with paragon levels and MP. gear yourself for decent EHP / dmg and even if your MF isnt't insane.. youll kill more things quickly which = better drops.
Reply Quote
btw, easy way to fix that is blackthornes. i recently broke my set for inna's... but i paid about around 12m for 279 vit blackthorne pants and 223 vit chest. add the set bonus and thats 602 vit from two slots, plus the ranged dmg reduction. that's a whole truckload of EHP on a budget.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]