Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 1: Patch 1.0.7 - Answers

Maybe I'm out of the norm, but I love so many things about D3. Having played (wasted countless hours) D1 and D2, I really appreciate that D3 took aspects of both games into consideration. Each region within each act requires a different approach. In D1, much of the strategy came from knowing when to go toe-to-toe and when to hit and run. I love playing the wizard in D3, because that's exactly what it requires.

I also very much enjoy the lack of hacks and the account bound items. You earn your gear in this game and you have to make choices. Rather than amping up your character, like D1 and D2, having to continually hunt for even minor gear upgrades keeps it interesting.

People will always whine about whatever they can, and in the gaming community it seems magnified. I personally love the game and am addicted for a reason. They know the psyche of the gamer and have built an ever-evolving game around it. Great job Blizzard! Can't wait until it's up and I get to try my new and improved wiz and monk.
Reply Quote
D2 end game was dueling and having a mf character.

God damnit, the game just needs to cut the "balance" crap and get back to everything being brutally over powered. stack this, stack that, lol look at these stats, items can have any stats on them. 100% life steal why the !@#$ not.

Make %^-* flexible instead of forcing players to play a specific way; this game limits you like crazy compared to d2. I made a bow assassin in d2- it !@#$ing worked. You cannot do anything crazy in d3.

BRING US CRAZY! NEED MORE CRAZY
Reply Quote
Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort.

This. And...

where was monster density? where was identify all? where was itemization changes?

this.

So many questions unanswered.

I understand not wanting to talk about unrelated things or get into arguments about what is better but...big let down. Expected a lot more information and less giberish. 3/10

yeah they obviously cherry picked the questions. even 2 questions from the same person (slayer portuguese americas)

:( :( :( ----->>>>>> frankly: at least part of the blame goes with some of the askers. good job, guys, in giving them such easy questions so they can dodge the pressing issues! <<<<<<<<--- ): ): ):

all this obsession with brawling. it's such a self-explanatory non-feature. if they had a feature to "rename character", do you think you could come up with 85 pages of questions about how THAT was going to work, in such needless detail? :P also, the userbase's questions should have been directed at the issues that have plagued the game since day 1, not the pointless new stuff they are introducing and will invariably change (read: screw-up, more) as time passes.

and stuff like...
We still believe the process of crafting one random item at a time has value.
it doesn't, but whatever u say. (Hey, some ppl still "believe in" ..... nm I won't go there. :P)
..."has value" WTHeck does that even mean?! what is the value in wasting time? thanks for the bunch of boardroom-speak.

more blizzfail from the blizzfailing blizzfails who blizzfail the hardest.

IDENTIFY ALL!

P.S. love how there are so many high-rated "deleted" posts. that speaks volumes.
Edited by STG#1110 on 2/12/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I know this Q/A was focused specifically on 1.07, but I just gotta say, it's all pretty meaningless and unimportant info.

Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort.

Rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic or acknowledge and address the real issues.

Sorry, but I really must agree with this.
Reply Quote
What about creating "brawl only characters". That collect prizes
Reply Quote
My Opinion......ok they didnt adress every issues bummer... but they gave us plenty other things FOR FREE. and that, i think its just the greatest. i came from a long-term relationship(lol) with my ps3 and pretty much every game want you to pay for any small change like dumb-!@# costumes or 1 more mission to play. but in diablo so many things have change from the begining for free, i mean you can see they want to fix things that dont work properly. but i know its not without flawed.for me especially, the lag and connection error in this games is really bad sometimes (nobody is talking about that in the patch wtf??) but i must say keep up the good work blizz its appreciated.
Reply Quote
WTB Ladder system. This would fix everything. Every 6-8 months. Reset. That's what made D2 so replayable. I was happy and excited every time ladder reset because it meant. EVERYONE was on an equal playing field again. Same amount of gold, Everyone starts out at lvl 1, NOBODY has god gear yet. That would make the game for me enjoyable and play worthy over and over. This would be a giant step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
So I was wondering because it wasnt made offical, is Kevin Martens now the permanent dev lead of d3?
Reply Quote
Good Gravy - look at how many posts in this thread have been deleted for speaking out against the Q&A . . . . .

. . . Gestapo anyone??
Reply Quote
I have one thing to say..why not make this game just like WOW but not to the point that we have to learn trades, i.e. fishing and mining, etc. Or how WOW takes forever with your travel time. Its just too much time and thats why I quit playing WOW. I would gladly pay a monthly fee to play this game. I am very dissapointed how this game get so monotonous. I had a goal to level every character but really whats the point. Its the same crap over and over. The game is so maxed out of other players that they give me a ton of legendary gear. That would cost me an arm and a leg to buy. Heck they give me millions in gold. That just shows you how this game has reached its limit and its all down hill from here. Come on Battlenet, how much is your company worth? But just like all the other greedy corporations you spit this crap out and you know we will buy it. Change the game give us what we want and we will continue to come back.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I think u guys should make it where when u go to the gem craftier where u can craft 2 gems together a purple and red to make a new gem of the same kind to make a hybrid. a topaz mixed with a purple put in a helm and u get magic find and stacked with vitality. or a green and purple in a weapon make critical hit and life on hit.
Reply Quote
Good Gravy - look at how many posts in this thread have been deleted for speaking out against the Q&A . . . . .

. . . Gestapo anyone??

Have you read those posts before? I did and I was disgusted...

Nerdrage at its finest. I hope that those posters got a long suspension from posting in here.

If you speak out in such manners in RL - to get thrown out of the shop would be one of your smaller problems.

A comment on Diablofans sums it up pretty good:

Avoid the forums at all costs. This QA has really pushed the toxic sludge of the community to the surface.

I could not agree more. I am ashamed to be part of such a community.
Reply Quote
will i get compensated for the crap i have been putting up with for the last few days with your staff and your auction house? i currently have 20$ my only 20$ stuck on hold with my credit card because of your auction house attempting double payments

and then most of your staff calling me a liar
bouncing my ticket from staff to staff
ignoring my claim
using a guide book for reply's to what i had to say
not properly answering questions
closing my support tickets rather than answering me

atleast i found one good staff member so far possibly 2
Astryiane - Really good and really friendly
the other i dont know their name :(
Edited by PopCom#1601 on 2/12/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
the 5 mil remove cost reason is just rediciolous they keep saying they want us to craft more they want us to do something but since when did we agree with that being "fun" or enjoiable
they just keep making wrong decisions it almost seems like they enjoy trolling us
Reply Quote
thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. this was very informative.
Reply Quote
There are governments where ppl are only allowed to speak publicly, when they are pledging thier allegiance or spreading pro-government propaganda.
Thankfully the U.S.A & a coalition of freedom fighting countries have snuffed those dictatorships out.
Freedom of speech, whether it's a customer or even someone we disagree w/, is our ONLY chance to learn how others feel. I sugest cherishing it, or avoiding public forums all together.

It's not about the freedom of speech - it is simply about insulting and using very inappropriate words. I don't know any country where I am allowed to insult people in a way we have seen it in this forum.

There are a lot of critical posts left because they did - at least to some degree - know, how to behave.
Reply Quote
The world PVP section disappointed me the most, to the point where I feel like Lylirra and Kevin are very incompetent. The reasons they cite for why there can be no world PVP, are irrelevant considering Diablo I and Diablo II did it just fine. The "issues" that arise are problems that have already being solved. It's almost as if they forget that this is the third game in a series ...

I'm just saying "What happens when someone transitions through a portal or to a new zone?", the obvious answer here is "they end up in the new zone". It's not complicated.
Reply Quote

-
There are governments where ppl are only allowed to speak publicly, when they are pledging thier allegiance or spreading pro-government propaganda.
Thankfully the U.S.A & a coalition of freedom fighting countries have snuffed those dictatorships out.
Freedom of speech, whether it's a customer or even someone we disagree w/, is our ONLY chance to learn how others feel. I sugest cherishing it, or avoiding public forums all together.

Considering the USA is a fascist nation with a president who's silenced more whistle-blowers than any president in it's history. I think it's safe to say that the USA is a poor example of free speech.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]