Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 1: Patch 1.0.7 - Answers

p.s

sorry if this is the wrong forum for this discussion, i am just very disgruntled and needed to voice my opinion
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:37 AMPosted by TimeWaster
You earn your gear in this game and you have to make choices. Rather than amping up your character, like D1 and D2, having to continually hunt for even minor gear upgrades keeps it interesting.

Every bit of this is false.

Here, I'll fix it for you.

You don't earn your gear in this game (you buy it on the GAH/RMAH) and, due to the lack of attribute and skill points, you have no real choices to make (other than what color to dye your gear... unless it's a legendary, in which case you don't even have that choice). Rather than solidly gearing up a character over the course of three weeks (give or take) like D2 (never played D1, so I can't speak to that), you have to continually grind for even minor gear upgrades for months, which makes the game incredibly monotonous and tiresome.
Reply Quote
I already put this up on other thread but I think it's worth to get people attention about this:

RNG100% =/= D2.
Gear Dependent100% =/= D2.

RNG100% + Gear Dependent100% = D3.

This is where the problem lies. D3 is too one-dimensional. Hence, one can get bored faster when playing D3 than D2. That is, of course, disregarding the graphics.
Reply Quote
Boring questions, boring answers. Devs arent adressing the core issues of the game as always.
Edited by Sumerian#1129 on 2/12/2013 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
sure this game isnt anything as good as D2, and its long drawn out grinding for gear youd rather salvage than put in your small stash. but hey thats why there are achievements. play with a different toon theyre all fun after lvl 30. and try public games, that keeps it interesting. pvp is kinda fun too but its prolly cus of the cognac haha....... ha... ha... sigh.......
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Anantaboga
sure this game isnt anything as good as D2, and its long drawn out grinding for gear youd rather salvage than put in your small stash. but hey thats why there are achievements. play with a different toon theyre all fun after lvl 30. and try public games, that keeps it interesting. pvp is kinda fun too but its prolly cus of the cognac haha....... ha... ha... sigh.......

You sound pretty desperate man.
Reply Quote
I am very, very disappointed concerning their answer on wizard buffs.

Wizard does as a ranged class more damage melee wise than ranged wise.
That either means that you need to nerf melee style or major buff ranged style.

As Wizard already is the weakest class without CM/WW build at high mp, there is only 1 option. Major buff ranged skills.

The small buffs they have done so far are just to sad to be true.
Reply Quote
im desperate to find use for this game besides a frisbee.... im trying man.. im trying lol
Reply Quote
I don't get it so I get over 200k damage then when patch came out I'm back to 190k c'mon really now I have to spend more of my money that I shouldn't need to in the first place just to get back to we're I was before? Don't see the point of this.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Anantaboga
im desperate to find use for this game besides a frisbee.... im trying man.. im trying lol

Cant blame you...With the treatment we're having with CDev I cant say im too optimistic on the ''potential'' new uses of the game.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Anantaboga

The diablo 3 dvd makes great drink coasters.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:11 PMPosted by sKorcheD

Good idea man!
Reply Quote
Posted by sKorcheD

Good idea man!

Too bad I bought mine online

View profile

I don't get it so I get over 200k damage then when patch came out I'm back to 190k c'mon really now I have to spend more of my money that I shouldn't need to in the first place just to get back to we're I was before? Don't see the point of this.

Maybe the dps loss was because you lost the buff from your follower?
Reply Quote
After reading your answers I opted to give myself a day to reflect on your choices.

There are 3 points I must make here

1. Gems: The new gem level is an ok idea but to make a not to fine point on it its a half answer to what you really want to push. if you want more build diversity you must make the other gems more interesting, if 90% of people use a single gem in one slot even after your changes then there is no real diversity because, bluntly put, the alternatives suck by comparision. There is no ifs ands ors or buts about it. The numbers tell all and tell them unbiased.

2. Gold Sinks and AH aquired gear: The real problem with gold is two fold, there is too much gold in the pool, and Selling something for a lot is very attractive. This causes a snowball build up in money. The easy, albeit unpopular choice to stem the tide of gold is to lower the gold sale cap and reduce the amount dropped. Give time for the current sinks to drain the pool then lower the sinks some. It will be hated and unpopular but its the smartest way to lower the amount of gold flowing.

AH aquired gear is not related directly to the gold problem. The problem is that a player doing MP10 has the same essential chance to get things a player doing MP0 does. The only change is they get more rolls for gear. because of this there is a disconnect between effort and reward. The Bound items are also random to a large degree with only small amount of control. Because of this players that are experianced tend towards using their wealth to buy the perfect rolls they do not see, and new players feel railroaded into building certain specs, which leads to the next point.

3. Build diversity: This game was touted as one that lets you play as you like, but its not, honestly it really is not that game, while D2 had its problems with stat points and not being able to redistribute them, and stat limitations to gear, at least it had two things in it that made up for such, first was the ability to reroll certain gear and modify it to some extent. It also had some items having clockwork stats that were if not the best, competative. I will grant some of it did not see light until LoD, but to forget old good ideas simply because you want to start fresh... its just stupid. As we stand here now, the gear we have is the D2 stat problem reborn. you have been told this mutiple times and have ignored it constantly.

I appriciate you are trying and can not do everything at once, but the way you do feedback sessions like this feels like you are telling us how it WILL be and not how it CAN be. just remember a company's value is in its customer service, you can have a great game but if we do not feel our voices are heard we may go to where someone will listen and make the game one we want to play, rather then an endless pointless grind.
Reply Quote
DELETED
Reply Quote
So the AH was a failure huh? What a surprise Blizz what a !@#$ing surprise. Now we have the right to say "told you so"? I guess you need the IQ of a crayfish to work for Blizzard, because D3 is going exactly where SC2 is heading (if not already there) in the garbage.
Reply Quote
People doesn't understand that this game is a reboot, it's was called as a sequel, named as a sequel and anounced by Blizzard as a sequel but it's a reboot, all those thing people ask are going to be in a future game/exp because it was the way the game it's already planned, imho the game it's way better than when it came out, and the only thing that it really needs it's the waypoints
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
After all those discussions, though, we always came back to the same principle: brawling is a simple, straightforward way to knock your friends and/or enemies into next week. That's it. No rewards, no objectives, no scores. The goal of the feature is to give players a way to fight each other in a no-holds-barred kind of environment, and we want to keep that environment as simple, straightforward, and "no-holds-barred" as possible.

In other words it did not fit in the Budget or Timetable for Completion.

Everyone has to realize there are Lawyers and Investors to answer to.

The more limited the game in Patch steps the greater the investor return.

Buzzard does not need a whole mass of casual players crowding their Servers.

All they need is about one million hardcore dedicated players and entrepreneurs to pay about $1,200 to $2,000 per character build to make an excellent profit in the billions.

Casuals are a necessary nuisance. However, they do set up front Gold and Item Companies, typically the finest, in other countries to catch the stray cats. Also Item Generators are good for the economy to them at 15% per sale. All the Legitimate companies on their Surveys are satellite co-opts. Buzzard gets a percentage of their return, and a database of who is using them.

So it will survive until the Expansion, as they seek to thin out the population.
Reply Quote
Not what I expected the QnA to be or at least I didn't expect those questions to be the only ones answered first. One answer that concerns me the most is the one relating to the new crafted items. I don't like to use the AH because I would rather find my gear. I do not consider crafting a piece of gear to be "self found'. I see that some people have crafted nice gear and I myself crafted a decent chest piece but it was still not an upgrade. The problem is still itemization which has been a topic for a very long time on these forms.

For some reason I liked the D2 crafting. I guess to me crafting in that game was finding a piece of armor with right sockets (low strength requirement helped) and adding runes to it. I at least knew I was getting something close to what I wanted even if the stats weren't a perfect roll.

How we obtain the mats for this new gear is kind of funny. It's like they know (and should by now) that most of the gear we find is crap so why not salvage it to get mats to make a slightly more useful form of crap? It reminds me of the Mr. Hanky episode where they had the real life commercial for a "make your own Mr. Hanky". Well where do you find the materials needed to make one of your own? That's right the toilet (or Act 3 for many of us). Grab your crap, mold it, put a hat on it, and maybe Bejewel it a little and now you have a slightly more attractive version of crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]