Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 1: Patch 1.0.7 - Answers

Wyatt: Overall we're okay with the current state of Monk passives.

That day most of Monks re-rolled to Barbs.

Devs really like slapping Monks in the face time and time again...
Reply Quote
I wonder how many people read this and honestly think "OK, that's a good explanation... I get it. Well done..."

I assume I'll be blasted for this but I think everything - EVERYTHING the Blue posted here proves that they have continued to modify the game for the Ubers ONLY and that they still DO NOT UNDERSTAND the goals or expectations of the common player.

They insist on silly fixes like -Oh anything STUPID that has Gold Sink in it's description. I don't know anybody playing this game for FUN who has gold to sink or the time to take to do so. ONLY the UBERS and the people trying to make $ on the RMAH..

Paying 5 million to remove a gem NOBODY can afford to craft in the first place...??? OMFG...!

And how can ANYONE who plays a Wizard think improving Blizzard or the tiny buff to Arcane Orb will be a fix under any definition of the word..???

Wizards have two options and they are still and will still be Archon and that stupid spamming Tornado. I know some people like that skill and I am not commenting on them. If you enjoy spamming by all means go for it, It just seems dumb to me. as in just MY opinion

No Wizards go out of their way to use Arcane skills cause they are ridiculously impossible to regenerate. Even with the Enchantress and a FULL Tal Rash the bet you can get is what 16 resource regen and no item comes with more than 9 or 10 APOC. Well unless you use a 2H which nobody does cause they are still useless then you will never NOT run out of Arcane Power.

But that is a fix for another day right... That other day when you have even fewer lasting or returning players..

I'm sorry... This comment just proves to me that the Game Designers and Developers still after all this time and what 6 MAJOR update patches - They still don't get it.

Make a good solid balanced game and stop worrying who uses what skills and how diverse the play style is. People all use the same skills relative to character because they are still so darn unbalanced.

And yes, I do criticize and still play... But I won't for long at this rate... I just don't understand how they can keep pushing these same crap and we still cant' get a decent upgrade to the real problems in the game.

I know it takes time, but for those of us who started day one on release, this feels like Chinese water torture, - all these little nerfs and buiffs and catering to the whims of the power few as opposed to the potential masses.
Reply Quote
PvP section was like

We will not add this, not that and not that either.

Have fun brawling.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
In the case of the Monk, there are two big outstanding issues to address before further changes to passives happen: the inequity between the 4 spirit generators and their rune variants, and One with Everything.

So where's the response on spirit generators?
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:41 AMPosted by XrossEyed
In the case of the Monk, there are two big outstanding issues to address before further changes to passives happen: the inequity between the 4 spirit generators and their rune variants, and One with Everything.

So where's the response on spirit generators?

That won't make it into 1.07 so no reason to answer here.
Reply Quote
Looks like ill keep playing PoE blows d3 away by a long shot RIP D3!
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing this! I look forward to future rounds.
Reply Quote
10/10

Will read again.

I mean, there's a lot here. Didn't expect such long answers.

Bit of a shame we had to waste answers on things like, "Why are you buffing skills no one uses!? Derp!"
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 2/11/2013 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Whitelytning
Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort.

This. And...

where was monster density? where was identify all? where was itemization changes?

this.

So many questions unanswered.

I understand not wanting to talk about unrelated things or get into arguments about what is better but...big let down. Expected a lot more information and less giberish. 3/10

This was the point of my question on page 3. Really? These are the only questions you guys will answer? This is what the "flu" prevented you from answering? This is what took WEEKS to answer? Unless you plan on adding more answers throughout the day, which would make sense.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
So, I played this game for a few weeks, until I got so bored and frustrated with it I gave up. When will you be making the game interesting enough that we may feel like we can get our hard-earned money's worth out of it?!?
Reply Quote
Lol at the devs COMPLETE DISCONNECT FROM MONK REALITY

Q. In patch 1.0.7 you will buff Monk spirit spender skills. Why didn't you make any change to the Monk passive skills? -- Alucardi#2692 (Europe [Italian]), CountFury#1192 (Americas [English])

Wyatt: Overall we're okay with the current state of Monk passives. That's not to say they're perfect (we'll definitely be working on them more), but we did not feel the current issues were severe enough to warrant changes at this time. The Monk got some changes to passives in previous patches, so keep that in mind as well.

this is disgusting

If you compare Monk passives to Barbarian's you'll quickly see that they are not in a good place.

From a survivability standpoint no one is using the dodge passives, so why are there two? That's a good place to start.

Why do barbarian's get HP restoring passives (and life steal on belts) and monks get exactly zero passives for HP restoration?

Why aren't there any passives that reward crits? Or perhaps to better define monks as a fast hitting class, attack speed?

Guiding light rewards the use of Skorns because 2-handers are still dismally underpowered. It is a great passive for farming. Unfortunately it's dual-wield reward gives dodge.
Reply Quote
Alright. Drama, drama, drama. Point in case, this patch is offering things. In the future, guess what? They'll be MORE patches. Yes, Blizzard needs to freaking listen to the community more. It's hella aggrivating that they ignore big post problems.

You can't tell me that adding monster density is that hard. As a coder all you're doing is entering a variable for the already pre-defined random arriances that are monsters. When I log out, start a new chapter, log back in, the monsters are partially pre-determined, then increase and decrease dependent on where i'm at. They're are a lot of factors here, but adding a few drop-down bars to increase isn't unbelievably difficult.

Adding a new BoA gem though? That's more work.

If you took a little extra time and added this, a long with a few more minor tweaks, you could have gained a large percentage of your player base back. I'm not calling my friends to tell them about this patch and how much they need to get back on, because I know they'll play for five hours and not return.

Damn.
Reply Quote
Why do barbarian's get HP restoring passives (and life steal on belts) and monks get exactly zero passives for HP restoration?

Transcendence with a build that uses TR or WoL is AMAZING. Pretty much any build that chugs a lot of spirit. Often I can restore half my life with just two quick casts of WoL. And when I'm regenerating spirit as fast as I do, it becomes almost OP. There is serious life restoration in that one passive.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 2/11/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
I guess this was about what I expected. A lot of things I already knew, and a few things I didn't really know but could have inferred. It was interesting hearing about potential OWE changes and what will probably happen with thorns in a future patch. Certainly interested in some redesign for channeling skills too, as I love the idea of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]