Diablo® III

Gear advice

thinking about swapping my Inna's Vast Expanse for the Tal Rasha chest armour.

i'll lose about 115 dex but at a glance I believe my DPS should come out higher due to the IAS.

anyone have any thoughts on this? good / bad move? any suggestions for alternatives?

Cheers!
Reply Quote
My experience has shown that Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit is indeed more often than not a DPS increase over Inna's Vast Expanse. It tends to come with an EHP loss because you will likely lose the life percentage and melee damage reduction bonuses, though. I have one that I use when I feel like going glass cannon for a while. I recommend taking the gems out of your Inna's chest and using the chat trick to find out what the particular Tal Rasha's chest you are looking at will do for you before you spend your gold on it.

For comparison's sake, my Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit provides just over 5.1k additional DPS and reduces my life by just over 3.2k compared to my Inna's Vast Expanse. Here are its stats:

437 Armor
71 Dex
180 Int
84 Vit
38 Phys Res
9% IAS
Edited by Treleth#1141 on 2/10/2013 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
anticipated as much, am looking at a piece with 10% life
Reply Quote
I would say wait to see what happens with the possible set bonus change that may or may not be happening. The bonus dps is small and you do lose some effective health for it so it depending on if set bonus change or not you might just end up right back where you started.

Also I would suggest trying to get a godly rare chest instead of either with stupid amounts of vit.
Reply Quote
will lose the reduced resource cost of sweeping wind but that is no biggy

had considered, and then disregarded rares, as they cannot roll with IAS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]