Diablo® III

skorn or mojo?

for mp 7 and above, which one is better?
im using a bear/acid cloud build
Reply Quote
Skorn with life steal is the best way to go for high MP farming with bears.

lower cast rate = more sustained dps
Reply Quote
View profile
Skorn with life steal is the best way to go for high MP farming with bears.

lower cast rate = more sustained dps

I don't agree to this... I will only say that it really depends on your playstyle as to which would fit you better.
Reply Quote
I have a set of both, but I prefer faster playstyle, so I roll with mojo now.
Reply Quote
I prefer my skorn but there right depends on ur build and gearing im a slow hard hitting
Kind of build. I run bears.darts.soul harvest dogs and garg and can run mp10 and survive
Fine.note i am not killing them quick enough in mp7+ to be worthwhile need more dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
You can speed a Skorn up with increased attack speed gear. So it isn't the speed so much as the qualities on the knife or the mojo.
It's really nice if you have a good ceremonial knife or a mojo with good damage and mana modifiers.

It all comes down to what you want and what you can afford.
Reply Quote
View profile
Skorn isn't the wrong choice if you go that route... it just really depends on the style of play you prefer. I would say a slow black dmg 1 hander like mace / spear with a mojo would be preferred in my style of play.
Reply Quote
View profile
There's no wrong choice, it's just play style, available gear, what you want, and what you can afford.

You ofgortens are a 1 hand + mojo player. I like my Skorn. There you have it.
Reply Quote
skorn
Reply Quote
View profile
02/10/2013 02:47 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
You ofgortens are a 1 hand + mojo player. I like my Skorn. There you have it.

True statement :P
Reply Quote
I prefer the bonuses you gain from 1h + mojo vs the slow att speed of skorn.
Reply Quote
you can buy a nice LS skorn on the auction for a pretty low price these days... cheaper than buying a 1hand and mojo too.
Reply Quote
you get more life steal with a skorn than with a 1hander, but you can get higher dps with a 1hander-mojo, but it will also cost more. You have fewer builds available with a skorn (example: thing of the deep + circle of life, among others, especially those reliant on high attack speed, like snake to the face or 0dog); ceremonial knife builds can sometimes use up mana too fast, but this can somewhat be mitigated by passives, gear, or a slow 1-hander.
Reply Quote
View profile
but you can get higher dps with a 1hander-mojo, but it will also cost more. You have fewer builds available with a skorn (example: thing of the deep + circle of life, among others, especially those reliant on high attack speed, like snake to the face or 0dog); ceremonial knife builds can sometimes use up mana too fast, but this can somewhat be mitigated by passives, gear, or a slow 1-hander.

Actually you need a very good 1H and mojo to get more DPS than a Skorn.

You can't do a zero dog with a Skorn, anything else could be done.

A slow 1H and a Skorn are not so different. It is very easy to speed a Skorn up past 1.2 APS.
Reply Quote
I have both but I like 1h/mojo better. I switch to skorn when dealing with reflect elites
Reply Quote
for survival purpose and the higher actual damage, i love my skorn. up to 2 million dmg crits makes for a nice return in life steal.

ive tried many of carving knives, and personally ive not been able to survive over mp6 like that. and my gears nothing to shake a stick at =p
Reply Quote
Both skorn and mojo suck on mp5 or higher.

The only way to go is a plague of toads Crossbow. Use the Toad of Hugeness rune and GG.
They put WD stats on bows for a reason.
Reply Quote
View profile
So you aren't the ImpKing that used to play D3. You are somebody else named Microfast. The real Impking probably got booted for too much promoting of his videos.
He never used any language, he was a very soft spoken person and never used a bow.

So how did you come by ImpKing?
Reply Quote
Nah, ImpKing been in solid troll mode for a couple of months now. Think he got nailed on the forums for foul language? Anyways, he's not the saintly poster-boy of D3, ..
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:38 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
So how did you come by ImpKing?

It came to me in a dream. A wise elder came to me thru a thick layer of fog rolling across a mountainside. He said "go forth young one, for you are the imperial king."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]