Diablo® III

skorn or mojo?

Well once I gain about +80 more paragon levels my stats will be about equal.

Im not bashing your skorn or your playstyle. This is an opinionated thread and I merely based an opinion based on my experiences.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/12/2013 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Pillz

Ohhh , cuz 80 paragon lvl will give you 100k more hp?? OK BUDDY
Reply Quote

Ohhh , cuz 80 paragon lvl will give you 100k more hp?? OK BUDDY

bro with my shield im at 115k hp. But thanks for proving my point why 1 handers are better than skorns for gearing options.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/12/2013 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
bro with my sheild im at 115k hp

Bro, I didnt know your shield could give you 60k hp

considering your mojo gives you 200 vita, you are at 63k hp, how is it possible for your shield with 100 vita more and 16% life to give you 60k hp? I think someone is lyinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

ahahahaha
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 2/12/2013 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 02:51 PMPosted by eviLal3x
bro with my sheild im at 115k hp

Bro, I didnt know your shield could give you 60k hp

No but that with the Zunni vision in my stash can :)
Reply Quote
View profile
LOL. Why not just get a room and be done with it?

I am with ImpKing... I think Crossbow outweighs both Skorn and 1hd/mojo...
Reply Quote
LOL. Why not just get a room and be done with it?

I am with ImpKing... I think Crossbow outweighs both Skorn and 1hd/mojo...

^ this guys has seen me at 120k hp...to bad he kicked my @!@#
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Pillz
^ this guys has seen me at 120k hp...to bad he kicked my @!@#

While I have seen you with 120k hp... I also believe that eviLal3x has the potential to have the sexiest PvP set alive to rival ChuckNorris's setup.

eviLa3x is a skorn guy...can't really convince him otherwise. My style of play just doesn't mesh for that style of play but I understand the benefits from that. eviLa3x has the best skorn's I've ever seen.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 03:05 PMPosted by ofgortens
eviLa3x has the best skorn's I've ever seen.

I sold it for 2 billion
Reply Quote

Alright , now let me explain you something. Stop being fooled by dps ok? Skorn actual hits are MUCH harder than 1 handed + mojo no matter what anyone say and even the minimum damage hits are high. Now do you wanna have to hit twice to get the same damage? Hitting twice means you spent 2x more mana , the whole point of the wd is to get the highest damage per mana you spend, skorn kills any 1 handed end of the story.

A good skorn with 5% + life steal will allow you to stand still and spam your bears at high mp without running everywhere and kite to stay alive cuz the little 3% life steal 1 handed provide is not enough to do that. Also acid rain costs like 190 mana ? You want to use skorn with that spell my friend, you clearly dont want to use a 1 handed.

If you are good at playing the class and understand the skills and abilities you can learn to manage your mana properly such that mana is not a limiting factor when using faster weapons. I've done extensive testing to calculate my actual DPS output when using my MCK+US vs. Skorn with Life Steal (1414 dps / 160CD / 6% LS) and my average DPS output is always higher with the MCK+US vs. the Skorn. I'm not saying it blows it out of the water, we're talking 1 million actual DPS output vs. 900k actual DPS output. It's not a big number but it's consistently more. Now I understand that this is not going to be the typical case because it's very difficult to get a 1H + Mojo comparable to mine. It would probably be easier to get a high DPS LS Skorn than it would be to get a 1H + Mojo comparable to mine. But in my case I have proven that I can do more damage with 1H + Mojo than I can with the Skorn.

It's personal preference as to what play style you want to choose. Yes you can stand still and tank with a 6% LS Skorn and yes you will need to kite and avoid damage with a 1H with at most 3% LS. Neither of these play styles are superior to the other. It's what you have fun playing.
Reply Quote
If you are good at playing the class and understand the skills and abilities you can learn to manage your mana properly such that mana is not a limiting factor when using faster weapons. I've done extensive testing to calculate my actual DPS output when using my MCK+US vs. Skorn with Life Steal (1414 dps / 160CD / 6% LS) and my average DPS output is always higher with the MCK+US vs. the Skorn. I'm not saying it blows it out of the water, we're talking 1 million actual DPS output vs. 900k actual DPS output. It's not a big number but it's consistently more. Now I understand that this is not going to be the typical case because it's very difficult to get a 1H + Mojo comparable to mine. It would probably be easier to get a high DPS LS Skorn than it would be to get a 1H + Mojo comparable to mine. But in my case I have proven that I can do more damage with 1H + Mojo than I can with the Skorn.

It's personal preference as to what play style you want to choose. Yes you can stand still and tank with a 6% LS Skorn and yes you will need to kite and avoid damage with a 1H with at most 3% LS. Neither of these play styles are superior to the other. It's what you have fun playing.

Just curious, did your DPS comparison include kiting with your 1H setup, or did you choose a test environment where kiting wasn't required? This could obviously make a big difference in real DPS. Even with 6% life steal, I need to move around at times, but I suspect that I can "stand still and deal damage" a greater percent of the time compared to a 1H setup.

I've used 2H forever and like my Skorn (it would be hard to give up 6% LS), but I would like to at least play with a high end 1H setup that includes Zuni Offhand and VoG (or rare helm) for more mana. I'm kind of kicking myself as I just realized I could have done this very easily on PTR before it shut down.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 2/12/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Just curious, did your DPS comparison include kiting with your 1H setup, or did you choose a test environment where kiting wasn't required? This could obviously make a big difference in real DPS. Even with 6% life steal, I need to move around at times, but I suspect that I can "stand still and deal damage" a greater percent of the time compared to a 1H setup.

I've used 2H forever and like my Skorn (it would be hard to give up 6% LS), but I would like to at least play with a high end 1H setup that includes Zuni Offhand and VoG (or rare helm) for more mana. I'm kind of kicking myself as I just realized I could have done this very easily on PTR before it shut down.

Yes, the kiting is factored into my measurements. I usually use Ghom in MP10 for measurements. When I'm using my Skorn I can tank most of the damage from gas so there's very little kiting. With my MCK+US I have to do a good amount of kiting to stay on the perimeter of the gas to stay alive.
Reply Quote
Hey warwick. As you can read from above it's personal preference to which you should use. I will say however, I've used a skorn since whatever patch they redid legendaries. it's worked for me. The biggest drawback for me was switching builds.

Skorn works great with your typical zb build.

But when i switch over to my 0cd zd build i do significantly lower damage. Money wise, i wish i had bought a better 1h than 2h!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]