Diablo® III

Solo MP10 Uber Thoughts

So I was pretty bored and just trying out MP10 ubers and I wanted to get ideas from others on what you think is the best possible spec. I'm trying to find something that would be viable for ALL 3 fights, not individual. I've been able to do MP10 but would like to use whatever is the most efficient/effective

I know it's pretty pointless to do solo, but what the hell.

I never plan on using a Skorn and will always go with a bears spec. So with that being said, I figure widowmakers, bears, and spirit walk are a 100% must have.

Now for the rune on spirit walk... that I guess is up to debate. Either healing journey for 14% life or the extra second to run away/life steal.

The other 3 slots I would like to see what others think would be best to complete all 3 fights without changing your spec.

Hex is great for kulle... but it becomes pretty pointless in the other 2.
Garg is great for siege.. but he's not as important in the other 2.
Soul Harvest is great for SK/M and G/R.

Passives I figure VQ/BR and JF or SV...

Sorry for the novel, I just want to see what others think would be ideal. Thx dudes
Edited by danitefox#1989 on 2/10/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUYiT!ace!acZcZc

This was the build i used to solo mp10 ubers. I built this around being able solo kulle/seigebreaker since the other 2 are much easier i figured it really doesn't matter if you have useless abilities like hex. Chose splinter over spiders since its better for targeted ranged damage, and dogs for survival/tank. Still took a long time killing it though.

I heard spirit barrage works great for kulle/seigebreaker but never really tried it.
Edited by Sino#6869 on 2/10/2013 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUYiT!ace!acZcZc

This was the build i used to solo mp10 ubers. I built this around being able solo kulle/seigebreaker since the other 2 are much easier i figured it really doesn't matter if you have useless abilities like hex. Chose splinter over spiders since its better for targeted ranged damage, and dogs for survival/tank. Still took a long time killing it though.

I heard spirit barrage works great for kulle/seigebreaker but never really tried it.

Yeah 100% correct. Build for zk/sb fight. The other 2 can be killed with this build although it might take a little longer.

I think I used the exact same build except widowmaker over splinter but I don't think there is much difference. I would try leaping spiders because they probly output more dmg than splinters per cast but I can't be certain about it.

The cool thing about the solo mp10 uber fight is that it comes down to actual play and skill. Having the best gear won't guarantee success. The zk/sb fight took many tries both times I did it and it came down to the last few hits with sb enraged. I think my enrage was activated by that time too :D
Edited by Microfast#1931 on 2/10/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
When I soloed MP10 ubers I actually used significantly different builds for each pair of bosses. I was only able to defeat Ghom and Rakanoth using my 0dogs gear/build. I tried so many variations of bear builds but kept getting 1-shot killed by Rakanoth -- I never figured out how to predict his teleport attacks.

The build I used for SK and Magda was very similar to the build that Sino mentioned except I didn't use Hex in that fight. I think I used Spirit Barrage | Manitou for extra DPS but Hex wouldn't be a complete waste here because it would at least be effective on all of the skeletons that are spawned.

The build I used for SB and Kulle is also very similar to the build that Sino mentioned except I didn't use the Zombie Dogs. Overall, I didnt find the ZDs very helpful in any of the ubers fights I tried them in so I soppted using them. I would replace that with Horrify | Frightening Aspect or Spirit Barrage | Manitou.

As for gear I swapped between a Litany of the Undaunted and an SOJ depending on whether or not I needed the extra resist. I also used a 6% LS Skorn to kill SB because that was the only way I could kill him fast enough before he became enraged. I used my carving knife for all of the other fights.
Edited by esorbma#1625 on 2/11/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
When I soloed MP10 ubers I actually used significantly different builds for each pair of bosses. I was only able to defeat Ghom and Rakanoth using my 0dogs gear/build. I tried so many variations of bear builds but kept getting 1-shot killed by Rakanoth -- I never figured out how to predict his teleport attacks.

The build I used for SK and Magda was very similar to the build that Sino mentioned except I didn't use Hex in that fight. I think I used Spirit Barrage | Manitou for extra DPS but Hex wouldn't be a complete waste here because it would at least be effective on all of the skeletons that are spawned.

The build I used for SB and Kulle is also very similar to the build that Sino mentioned except I didn't use the Zombie Dogs. Overall, I didnt find the ZDs very helpful in any of the ubers fights I tried them in so I soppted using them. I would replace that with Horrify | Frightening Aspect or Spirit Barrage | Manitou.

As for gear I swapped between a Litany of the Undaunted and an SOJ depending on whether or not I needed the extra resist. I also used a 6% LS Skorn to kill SB because that was the only way I could kill him fast enough before he became enraged. I used my carving knife for all of the other fights.

Wow ur WD looks awesome with like over 200k DPS and you are still struggling? Does this mean that the WD is not easily able to handle ubers mp10 even with top-end gear??

I am asking because I am also weighing up DH vs WD, and was considering which is more viable for solo MP10 ubers?
Edited by Bankai#2591 on 2/11/2013 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can solo MP10 with my current build, no pets. I haven't played in a month or so, so we'll see if that changes after 1.0.7.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]