Diablo® III

Do you run with Pick up radius?

Title. Thinking of getting a few pieces for those gold piles I never get...
Reply Quote
of course

edit: found the shoes and bought the helm and shoulders
Edited by LordZeus#1756 on 2/11/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would love to have +14 PUR on my normal barb set, but it's so hard to find the room for it. My Witch Doc has 32 PUR and it's the greatest thing ever.

I wish Bliz would give us +1 PUR per 10 paragon levels or something.
Reply Quote
I love PUR. Got great VW with them, but might have to give it up for life% when fighting ubers or pvp.
Reply Quote
I've given up PUR. Once you start spending big gold on upgrades, PUR is too expensive to maintain.
Reply Quote
Mmm, I loved my PUR on my Witch Doctor as well.
Reply Quote
I have a pair of Lacunis and some feet with PUR that I throw on whilst farming Mp5-6. I lose about 40k dps but I still have well over 200k buffed and I run perma wrath anyway so I suck up all of the gold that drops. I like not missing the gold. It adds up over time.
Edited by Seph#1357 on 2/11/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can't use a char without some PUR. It is way too annoying to try and pick up piles. They are supposedly hiking the default radius from 1.5 yds to 3 yds, but its still ridiculously low. I MUST have at least ONE 6+yd PUR item on. More would be better, but it gets very expensive to get that PLUS a full MagicFind suit PLUS having enough gear to take on higher MP stuff.
Reply Quote
its not about the gold piles, for me it is more about the health globes. I have a huge pickup radius on my wizard along with the skill that gives me 30 arcane power per health globe. i move 1 time and pickup every globe on the screen. Its also nice when my partners pick them up because it helps me basically infinite cast all of my meteors.
Reply Quote
Just picked up a pair of Vile Wards with pick-up radius last night. Such an excellent addition to my set. I love it.
Reply Quote
Can anyone confirm whether or not Brawler radius is increased by +PUR? If so, is there a modifier or is it straight up 1 yard PUR = 1 extra yard on Brawler?
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Aracknid
Can anyone confirm whether or not Brawler radius is increased by +PUR? If so, is there a modifier or is it straight up 1 yard PUR = 1 extra yard on Brawler?

I can't test. I'm just reiterating what someone said a couple of weeks ago.
Reply Quote
I never rolled with any PUR until i put on a leorics for a bit. Sold that and missed the PUR so much, I bought three pieces of gear with it on there. Such a handy feature!
I only use it for farming though, never higher MPs. (cause its so expensive to add to good gear)
I got my boots for 6 mill, so they might be something youd look into.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 2/11/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
WHen I was leveling... I loved the PUR on the Signet ring. Now I'm P100 and I just don't have room for it.

Just doesn't seem to be any room to put it on something... Maybe I'll get lucky and craft something useful with a little PUR on the side?
Reply Quote
Just wanted to thank the OP and Garthandal for thread / comments.

This thread made me go out and buy some Ice Climbers with some PUR on it.

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

Enough love... Peace out.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 11:50 AMPosted by PhatPhoEater
I've given up PUR. Once you start spending big gold on upgrades, PUR is too expensive to maintain.

100% agreed. I tried for the longest time. Jim made a comment months ago about how annoying it was to look at my Barb and see no pick up radius. Funnily enough, I just managed to get a pair of Vile Wards the other day with pick-up radius. Intentionally. It's embarrassing to look at my gold collected and see only 75,500,000 after almost 50,000 elite kills.

Oh, and Baller and Horngyuh have a ridiculous amount of gold collected.
Reply Quote
PUR is a MUST once u r farming for xp, so u dont waste a lot of time on the loots trying to get that gold. Once u are gonna uber or do a higher mp for keys or so it's hard to get GOOD itens with PUR.

Im glad they are making it 3 yards now.
Reply Quote
I wish I had some...it's just borderline impossible for me to fit it anywhere like the other guys said. I'm having a hard enough time squeezing out the DPS and EHP modifiers that I need. Vile Wards and Ice Climbers are probably the only possible places I could put it, and even those would be hundreds of millions worth to replace my current shoulders and IC's without losing any core stats...

On my archon wizard, I run with 7, and I had a hard time squeezing that in as well amidst MF. 7 helps, but not as much as I expected. I think 2 slots of PUR is necessary with the current mechanics for it to really have a palpable impact, and that's pretty much impossible once you start breaking into the higher tiers of gear. It'd be nice if it were one of those things that you could gradually phase out with paragon, as you can with MF now.

Naturally I'm also pretty glad that they're increasing the base radius.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/12/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]