Diablo® III

I love the look of the BK set

With my current build, I'm able to do MP10 w/o dying. Kill elites ~25-30secs. I know that BK set is inferior to axe/mace - MH & EF-OH, but just can't let go of the bad !@# look that the BK set has. Are there any other High End BK barbs out there? Any advice on how I can improve on my current build with the BK set?

Oh also, I'm unable to solo MP10 ubers currently. I'd like to get there w/ the BK set as well.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
congrats if u can do MP10 w/o dying with your gears setup..
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 05:25 PMPosted by MilkMan
Kill elites ~25-30secs

Sorry, but I question that...

Anyways, yes BK looks amazing , but not very ideal for end game. I have a set in my stash as well just cause it looks nice lol.
Reply Quote
Xtra health + Sheilding + Fast/ Teleport is damn hard to kill...
Reply Quote
View profile
900k tdps v elites fully buffed. Maybe you can kill elites in MP 5 in 20 secs.

You can improve your set by getting some IAS so you can actually hold wrath vs single targets.
Reply Quote
I don't quite understand how to optimize for tdps,(barb is not my main), to be honest, it's a shock to me as well that I'm able to do mp10 elites in under 30 secs. So I am not surprised that those above me don't believe it.

I don't really have trouble maintaining fury vs single target. I believe it is due to me using Mighty Weapon + Weapon master. Could be wrong though...

Although no one really answered my original question. Any High end BK barbs out there that can help me further optimize setup/build with BK set?

I'd like to be able to solo MP10 Ubers w/o switching over to EF/Axe. Thanks in advance!

Note: Profile is not showing a Litany ring that I switch to when in MP10 (instead of HF ring). Still.. can't do Ubers though.
Edited by MilkMan#1964 on 2/12/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Look, elites in 30 seconds in mp10 is not feasible in your current gear.

Your attack speed just isn't there. Your damage, even while wrathed isn't there. You could, with your gear survive MP10 easily through ALL types of affix's. 2k+ LoH, 6% LS will do that but in the long run your damage is suffering immensely.

I know multiple barbs that are better geared than you, that run perfect SoJ's(i run a 29% SoJ myself) and i dont kill mp10 elites in 30 seconds. Also, my TDPS is higher against elites as well.

So heres the question, if you want to do Ubers(why bother soloing ubers mp10 anyway its a waste of time) then you need to drop the BK set and pick up a mace MH and EF OH and work on your attack speed to bring it up to a BP thats going to help you out.

The BK set is good for low MP speed farming and even then i wouldnt use both. One or the other and an EF or fast IAS dagger stat stick.
Reply Quote
I'm using the warrior blood as an offhand, but I'm also a HOTA build so it's different, with an axe mainhand. Anyways, a really good rolled one is an excellent dps offhand for me with my build. I can't imagine getting anything much better honestly, My mainhand could use some better stats but its self found so it works, for now.
Reply Quote
you arent going to be able to solo mp10 ubers anytime soon.
Reply Quote
Look, elites in 30 seconds in mp10 is not feasible in your current gear.

Get bandicam. Its a free download and you can record your gameplay. Show us your 30 second elite kills. Should be good viewing pleasure.
Reply Quote
Really not sure how this thread turned from me asking for input on using BK set for high level MP, to Prove you can do MP10...

I'm really not trying to show off my epeen here. So I really don't think i'll download a software to do video recording.

But for those of you wanting to see that BK is very viable for MP10 play.. feel free to add me in game.. at minimum we can do a run in mp10 together..

In the meantime, I'm still looking for constructive advice/help on upping my efficiency while using the WHOLE BK SET. Would anyone out there that's able to solo MP10 Uber please respond?
Reply Quote
pls record your gameplay. im very exited to see 30 sec MP10 elites kill too.. :)
Reply Quote
Plain and simple. BK set does not roll high enough DPS to be able to kill MP10 ubers prior to enrage timers going off.

It would have to be some crazy combination of Damage vs Elite bonus SoJ + Other places for the bonus (tyreal's might?) and you would have to forego other important stats. In addition you would have to stack the hell out of strength...like in the 3.5K range or more to even get close to the tDPS necessary (see Pho's post about 900k tdps buffed).

I really don't think there is a way to do this with BK set alone.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/12/2013 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
That is my exact problem! I can't kill before enrage. It'd be very disappointing if there's truly no way to reach the pinnacle of the game with the top end barb specific set item.

I had the same problem with my WD where I insisted on using Ceremonial Knife before finally caving and using EF b/c it was just so much more efficient.

I just can't get over the look of the EF on the barb. Looks like a toy hammer.
Reply Quote
View profile
That is my exact problem! I can't kill before enrage. It'd be very disappointing if there's truly no way to reach the pinnacle of the game with the top end barb specific set item.

I had the same problem with my WD where I insisted on using Ceremonial Knife before finally caving and using EF b/c it was just so much more efficient.

I just can't get over the look of the EF on the barb. Looks like a toy hammer.

Well at least your barb looks good. Instead of being good.
Reply Quote
Dude, even the ultra high BK sets don't have the DPS output, trust me I know because I tried. Save yourself a pot of gold and change over to something less attractive but functional. I feel the same way you do, it is a shame the specific items for characters are not actually the best items for them...take the DH for example also. But yes, they do look awesome and I hated to part with mine.
Reply Quote
If Prisus is right about 900k tDPS being needed to kill ubers before enrage, then you might have a playstyle problem, as your tDPS is showing slightly above 900k. I can solo ubers10 with a dead player in the game, so 1.58m tDPS / 1.75 (2 players) = 900k, so this seems somewhat accurate.

You can be effective and still look good (I like the bloody axes myself):
http://imgur.com/IbgSxPN

That said, you'll be hard-pressed to find "high-end BK barbs" besides frankly, as others have pointed out, BK set isn't very high-end itself. You can customize a bit and still look good, but you need to pick something that's at least on the same general tier as what you're aiming for...
Reply Quote
I see no reason a high end BK Set combo couldnt solo MP10 ubers as long as you have great gear overall. I can solo MP10 ubers I have no doubt I could do it with the right BK Set.
Reply Quote
@qqq not sure if its play style issue. I just don't seem to be able to do enough dmg before ubers enrage. My playstyle, I'd say is very standard. Basically spin, sprint, sprint, sprint. I don't have issues keeping up WotB in Ubers. So basically my uber fight in mp 10 goes like this:

I spin until they enrage, then I die.... I wouldn't say I'm the most informed Barb player.. so if you have any tips on play style, i'd greatly appreciate it. Even if I have to switch builds. I care more about keeping my BK set than sticking to WW build.

@Maskoaa, can you link me your profile? Have you tried MP10 uber with Full BK set? If so, I'd atleast know where else in my setup I need improvements on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]