Diablo® III

Brawling is pretty bad...

You can get OHK's easily, be OHK'd easily.
The "arena" style just doesn't suite Diablo.
It's not dueling, at all, or even PKing. Which is why they renamed it, and they know that. It's just a giant ****-fest.
Again, very little player input besides who gets the first hit/stun then hit in.

We have no way to join specific rooms. Since they went with this linear Quest design and prevented Act jumping. Which also removed custom named games and instead uses the travesty that is known as matchmaking. Never good, not even on consoles. So now there's no way to join "Brawling" specific rooms.

To find people interested in "brawling." you have to either; A) know people who want to, and still actually play; B) Find people on these forums and friend them; C) take your chances and room hop until you find some people.

There's no risk. Absolutely none. You don't lose Gold, you don't lose Durability, HC Characters don't face permanent death. What's the point, really? Just hop in and OHK each other for a few minutes until the novelty of it wears off?

IDK who developed D3, because frankly, I don't care. But all you did was make take most of the WoW concepts and ideas, and apply them to the Diablo universe. Even with this so called "brawling."

Incredibly disappointed...again. :\
Reply Quote
I have to agree with you on the removal of the specific room list. It is a missed feature from D2. Perhaps they could, one day, keep the current match system in addition to bringing back the old room list.
Reply Quote
Yup, this is what i had to say

PVP SUCKS!! NEED A PVP Channel Or Something Like that... Cant expect ppl to want to pvp in just any game you go into. Sucks that you all took away the Old School Chat Channels And Active Game List... Diablo 3 has been a big fail to me since the day is was released.... Got to lvl 60, got bored, Started playing again this week, pvp arrived, it sucked, Killed some kid like 20 times and i was bored as hell , Not Fun At ALL. WOW
OH!, And i failed to mention that i didnt even get an EAR!! Or anything at all... Pretty much wat you just said...
Reply Quote
You couldn't have said it better, that is exactly what it's like. Big let down.
Reply Quote
As far as finding people, most pub games in Act 1 Quest 1/2 or Act1 Last Quest are PvP pub games. That was the convention people came up with in PTR. It is sad that we have to do this in a modern game.
Reply Quote
View profile
It's sparring.
Reply Quote
I got bored after just a few mins. It's nothing more than a hide and seek / hit and run mini-game. Everyone plays with a super sneaky style. I really missed the D2 WW barbs duels.
Reply Quote
Yea just got D3 recently, it's so soft and features like this kind of highlight the change from old-school harshness to post-WoW hand holding.

I miss HC PKers behehe, the new linear Act system really removes the community feel.

Still, the feature has only just been implemented, it might be improved. Anyway, Path of Exile is continuing the proper D2 tradition, so might as well enjoy what is good about D3 until PoE finishes open beta and launches proper.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:31 AMPosted by STEGOSAURUS
Yea just got D3 recently, it's so soft and features like this kind of highlight the change from old-school harshness to post-WoW hand holding.

Mirrors my position and thought exactly. Removing the attribute system was a kick in the groin for me
Reply Quote
Oh so you want the loser in the pvp to loose everything and even die forever an loose his character that he have been building for 6 month just because you are more powerful, this is BS and very sadistic and sick, you must be american
Reply Quote
Ok... D3 PvP is terrible because they mixed Diablo with WoW for unforgivable results.

Dodge has absolutely no place in Diablo. Sure the amazon had a little bit of it with skill points, but it didn't get in the way that badly.

CC or crowd control other than slowing/knockback effects also have no place in Diablo. Again, WoW was injected into Diablo and this abomination was born.

The RMAH has absolutely no place in PvP. RMAH gear should not be allowed in PvP or something. RMAH honestly has no place in this entire game. Pay 2 win is the absolute dumbest concept I've heard of and it's COMPLETELY unfair. I'm on WoW's side with this one; you simply can't purchase decent gear in that game; you have to go find it through dungeons/raids or of course getting it through PvP. They have PvP armor sets which is just perfect because in the end, everyone has roughly the same gear so fights are wwwwaaayyy more balanced. Unfortunately, the game has terrible PvP now thanks to 239490234 expansions. How ironic.

And last but not least, invisibility has absolutely no freaking place in Diablo at all. This was my #1 most hated thing about WoW when I first started the game in 2005. It's one of the worst ideas I've ever come across in my gaming life.

You know, at first people were complaining about how they were getting 2-shotted in brawls and such, but now I see the problem is a char with way too much defense and life regen. There's simply no way to get past the dodge, block, absurd health, res/armor defenses, insane life regen, and of course defensive abilities all put together.

Honestly I think the game is broken beyond repair. They will attempt to fix it, but with these elements locked into the game, there's just no way that D3 PvP will ever be any good. Also, penalty in PvP is dumb. PvP is there simply for entertainment and bragging rights; not losing gear or gold. If you want gear or gold, go farm some freakin monsters. Go play Darkfall that has full loot and wwwwaaaaaaayyyyy better PvP.
Reply Quote

You know, at first people were complaining about how they were getting 2-shotted in brawls and such, but now I see the problem is a char with way too much defense and life regen. There's simply no way to get past the dodge, block, absurd health, res/armor defenses, insane life regen, and of course defensive abilities all put together.

Oh I remember you! Using Storm Armor yet?
Reply Quote
Storm armor is for unskilled losers and it's no fun at all. Also, it's not worth it when it keeps zapping pets instead of players or when it just keeps getting dodged. Pinpoint barrier offers me offense and defense which I prefer.

No one uses wizards for PvP. I sold out and put all my gear on my lame witch doctor and I own nubs without even trying or knowing. He's no fun at all and even though I win it's hardly even worth it.
Reply Quote
so you complain about pvp even though blizz came out directly and told us that this is a no holds barred game. anything and everything goes. what type of players did you expect to come out and fight? then you roll a WD which you know is OP and now owning nubs and you still complain? storm armor is for unskilled losers? so is haunt. you dont even have to aim or have them on your screen. it seems like you will never be satisfied so maybe you should quit pvp. i am not trying to diss you but pvp is clearly not meant for you.
Reply Quote
Well, seeing that this game is half WoW, I'm at least expecting some balancing in PvP. I know they said this game isn't PvP focused, but apparently D2 and WoW definitely isn't either, but they attempt to balance WoW PvP as often as they can. D2 somehow managed to work out fine in the end though.

You're right about quitting though. I just want to wait and see if PvP will be balanced in the future, but for now it's kinda boring and lame.
Reply Quote
i really enjoy it.
dh vs dh battles are great.

we just need the ability to form 'alliances' or something..... right click on portrait - > form alliance, if accepted by other party.

cuz 2 on 2, even 3 on 1 can be fun :D
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Soliouss
Storm armor is for unskilled losers and it's no fun at all. Also, it's not worth it when it keeps zapping pets instead of players or when it just keeps getting dodged. Pinpoint barrier offers me offense and defense which I prefer.

As long as you're hanging on to an arbitrary mental handicap like that, you're going to keep being as unhappy as you were in that game you ran into me :(
Reply Quote
Please you're not even good...

You just spam defensive attributes/abilities and use a freaking shield. Anyone can do that. Your build wouldn't even work if it wasn't for the 45% dodge. That's insanely overpowered.

Imagine if players in WoW had 45% dodge that also worked against spells. They would be completely unstoppable. Again I say dodge has absolutely no place in WoW as it replaces skill with RNG, and Diablo is completely anti-RNG. It's supposed to be, anyway.
Reply Quote
Its hard to imagine that they can dumb down dueling ^ ^. I mean really?? Brawling with friends T.T, i only got 1 or 2 ...they just pulled us back into some stone age of dueling!! (which i did not think possible)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]