Diablo® III

WOW...1.0.7 is Amazing!!

View profile
Well I finally managed to get rid of using MoC: Overawe with this patch. I farm MP7 like butter. For MP9/10 and Ubers I switch out WoL for MoE: Hard Target.

See Profile.

I tried not using Serenity, but right now it's a staple of a skill for me to drop. I have soo many uses for it, that it's a must have for me.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah I feel my monk is able to run MP10 faster than in 1.0.6. Perhaps he feels stronger cause he is not restricted to clothing as he does his runs without his shirt on!

But RD is almost none existant and I find the toughest packs now are the ones with Plague. When yoiu stand there and chip away at their extensive health pool the whole room eventually triple stacks with Plague and it gets a bit tricky.

Also our group changed build after build with and without mantras and we all experienced a modicum of success.

Last but not least a few friends crafted GG ammys. Some so insane they added 26k DPS outright while upping life as well. High End Upgrades without using AH...dare I say this....good job Bliz!
Reply Quote
Agreed I went back to my WoL/Tr build for farming even though I still do low mp and it destroys elites on mp1 in seconds. Also happy with the blizzard buff too so :)

The best part is the crafting though makes something to look forward to after almost every run. I get more then enough crafting material to try my luck at bracers. I'v had a few really good rolls so far that where only missing crit once I get a good roll with crit I'm a be pretty happy to move on to shoulders.

Crafting in general is just fun imo when you have at least a chance to get an item that can be BiS. I also now agree that the BoA was good choice but only because they let the stats roll so high. I'm not sure yet if I would have rather them not be BoA but with lower stats or not however the market would be flooded with godly bracers in a few weeks if they where.
Reply Quote
I'm having fun with Public Mp5 games. All I'm going to be doing for awhile probably.

This build is soooooooooo fun in Public games~ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adXfSk!fXU!YbbZca

Mantra and Passive (Guiding Light) Both are changed depending on Party Setup.
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 2/13/2013 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
@OP

how do you justify using breath of heaven (15% damage) over MOC:overawe (24% damage)

lol..
Reply Quote
I just like that I can start my sweeping wind as soon as I find an elite pack rather than waiting to buff my dps to 120k and then casting SW.

For me, 1.07 is AWESOME as it feels like I am ripping through guys faster because SW is up much sooner.

*Edit

Also,anyone check out my ice climbers and let me know if 5.5m was a decent deal? I think I got a good deal on them but then again maybe not.....
Edited by Saffron#1970 on 2/13/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@OP

how do you justify using breath of heaven (15% damage) over MOC:overawe (24% damage)

lol..

oh I was just f'ing around. I log out in all sorts of crazy builds.
Reply Quote
I have been having a blast combining cyclone-implosion and WoL-Explosive Light. Switched out Thunderclap for Quickening and my monk can handle so many more situations that my old build would have struggled with. The crafting is awesome, even if I have only barely just scratched the surface.

Good job Blizzard. You managed to pull me back in after not only one 5 month break, but an additional 2 month break, and I don't think I will be taking another one for a long time.

Edit: Just scored pretty big on my 4th or 5th set of braces made. Profile hasn't updated yet but:

http://i.imgur.com/QYBbcPu.jpg?1
395 armor
211 Dex
51 Lightning Resist
71 Resist All
+175 armor
18% Magic Find
6.0% Crit Chance

And I am a OWE Lightning Monk. I think I am gonna have a hard time replacing those.
Edited by Herby20#1244 on 2/14/2013 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
OK...I can now drop Serenity!! My latest build (see profile) is f'ing amazing for farming MP7/8. RD packs are a little tricky, but one WoL and I get my health topped right off with them.

I run something slightly different for MP10 and Ubers.
Reply Quote
Looking good.

BUT My build = best Sorry all yo bell users. ^_^_^_^_^
Reply Quote
Exploding palm + Cyclone strike here; needs some tweaks but i think this build is OP in mp10
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 02:38 PMPosted by cucacola54Mx
Exploding palm + Cyclone strike here; needs some tweaks but i think this build is OP in mp10

You should totally try out Dashing Strike instead of Deadly Reach. ^_^ such a fun skill man. :p
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Teckno

You should totally try out Dashing Strike instead of Deadly Reach. ^_^ such a fun skill man. :p

Yeah!! thats what i was thinking! thanks!
Reply Quote
I'm really enjoying my current spec. Hells Bells baby ftw. 40 spirit bells are just a monster. I thought I'd still be in love with LTK/SS but WoL has changed me. I don't seem to get nearly as many cyclone procs (looks like LTK has a much better proc rate per d3up) but the immediate burst damage and LpSS heal is amazing. I farm MP4 but I'm seriously thinking about moving up several MPs...feel somewhere between 6-8 should be very fast farming.
Reply Quote
With my pre-1.0.7 preparation is freeing the passive slots, I can play whatever I like!

all of the abovementioned builds are awesome!

Monks are awesome in 1.0.7!
Reply Quote
I just came back to the game a few days ago and have been alternating between my Barb and Monk. I don't know if it's because my paragon level is low or because my gear sucks but i haven't been having much success with my monk. My Barb just plows through stuff but my monk gets his poo pushed in, even with a defensive build. I'm constantly having to run away from mobs with plagued.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Origin
I just came back to the game a few days ago and have been alternating between my Barb and Monk. I don't know if it's because my paragon level is low or because my gear sucks but i haven't been having much success with my monk. My Barb just plows through stuff but my monk gets his poo pushed in, even with a defensive build. I'm constantly having to run away from mobs with plagued.

your barb is almost 2 times dps compare to the monk. Of course you feel easier with it.
Reply Quote
Gave MP8 a try with the new build. Very doable (even with 90k unbuffed dps) but not what I'd call fast farming. Might have to find a sweet spot between MP4-8 where I'm humming along at a good pace and getting nice MP perks. On MP4 I almost feel like I'm wasting dps because things are dying so quickly, so that was part of my motivation to up my MP a bit.
Reply Quote
I haven't spent as much time as I'd like with 1.0.7, but I fired up Fire Ally for a stroll across the Skycrown Battlements and Stonefort on MP6. I died twice—once against Plagued (gotta remember that it's no longer a joke!) and once against elite Molten Hellflyers with Plagued and some Shamans flinging fireballs. Even so, the battles were pretty good, and I suspect MP6 post-patch will play like MP5 pre-patch, i.e., I'll die once every 20–30 packs or so. This now puts MP7 solidly in play again, although I suspect I still can't get The Butcher below 35% health.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]