Diablo® III

Ding Dong Monks!

Like most everyone, I'm loving the new WoL changes. Spam bells left an right. Nothing like blowing up pack after pack. I run with almost 21 spirit regen/sec making empowered my rune of choice for max coverage! Anyone got a good build/reason to go with any other rune?

I like explosive for medium rooms but found it had some gaps in coverage that left some mobs untouched like the big keeps 2 areas, so found empowered with the 2ndary hit spam helped a bit more.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 2/13/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I use explosive rune. The long range explosion will kill everything so that you don't need to move too much.
Reply Quote
Cyclone strike all the way. Wave of Light just annoys me with the knockback.
Reply Quote
Davlok, you might be interested in buying my monk's Stone of Jordan. Take a look and add me in-game if you are. It has 7% WoL crit chance, 2.0 spirit per second 27% elite damage and 6% arcane damage
Reply Quote
So if WoL only uses the MH damage for calculations, does that mean its really DING dong? Heh

If cyclone strike scales with pickup radius I would use it 100%, but serenity + 4 bells = splat!
Reply Quote
try this:)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSfgek!cXb!YYZYba

use like this;
Cyclone strike mobs in
Hit 2-3 times with quickening to gain spirit (and this gains a lot with so many close targets)
Drop bells which knocks them out again
Pull back in with Cyclone strike
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Sengerene
Cyclone strike all the way. Wave of Light just annoys me with the knockback.

you can always use the rune blinding light and stun them
Reply Quote
So I tried to see how much more effective a high avg dmg mainhand + stat stick offhand was (Disclaimer: I'm a budget monk who sells anything of value whenever found/flipped, so limit my character to mediocre gear & gems sufficient for MP0 on the grind to 100.)

I pretty much use a spirit regen rolled Shenlong's Fists with my TR + WoL farming build - letting me bell spam quite a lot with 20.77 spirit regen/sec - albeit at low dps (see profile). I can one shot packs with FitL active - 2-3 otherwise or for extra health.

So my goal was to find a high dps 1.2 speed weapon with dex w/ crit or socket, and a cheap stat-stick offhand (Dex, socket, life steal, spirit regen, crit damage, etc.)

Ended up with these two: http://i.imgur.com/hQmjJf4.png

Mace was 900k, Fist was 100k.

And the results were good. The lack of life steal on my shenlongs due to picking spirit regen random meant that I was missing out on the massive sustain bell dropping with Lifesteal is. That plus the increased bell drops makes FitL a bit of overkill for packs. I didn't like the reduced attack speed and lack of shooting fireballs, so will probably stay as a Shenlongdonger. ^_^

But for other budget monks, doing the spear/mace/axe + spirit regen offhand is pretty viable and cheap.

So overall pretty happy with the results.
Reply Quote
Been trying out some cyclone + bell on low MP and don't really see the point. Is it mostly used for higher MP/groups I take it?
Reply Quote
I didn't like the reduced attack speed and lack of shooting fireballs, so will probably stay as a Shenlongdonger. ^_^.

I lied, I won another random mace on bid (the spear above flipped) for 20m o_O and the setup actually works a bit better than my Shenlongs for MP1 Vota farming.

New budget Mace (500k): http://i.imgur.com/3qEdIEK.png
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]