Diablo® III

Barb builds NON Sprint

Looking for barb builds that doesn't utilize using Sprint. Possibly Dual Wield and/or Sword + Board. I took a break for a couple months and kinda out of the loop. Also would appreciate any suggestions on items to look for regarding these builds. Thanks
Reply Quote
you can look at my build if you would like. i don't use sprint. i have nothing against it, I wish I could. i don't really have any skill I can switch out for it to be honest. I use all of mine religiously.

if i played on the low MP levels I could switch out battle cry impunity, but it is rare that i play lower than MP4
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 2/12/2013 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
not using sprint just doesn't make sense IMO. You travel slower between packs, even if you don't want to play the ww/sprint build you can always use sprint marathon just for the ms boost. You can fit it anywhere. You don't need to use rend and HotA. If you have enough resistances (around 500 or so) you don't need war cry anymore... Just food for thought.
Reply Quote
more then welcome too look me up non WW barb OP barb i guess they might be called, but in any case i do not use sprint what so ever enjoy.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:33 AMPosted by LordZeus
not using sprint just doesn't make sense IMO. You travel slower between packs, even if you don't want to play the ww/sprint build you can always use sprint marathon just for the ms boost. You can fit it anywhere. You don't need to use rend and HotA. If you have enough resistances (around 500 or so) you don't need war cry anymore... Just food for thought.

yeah, but i play MP 5+ and I got to have all of those to be successful. Maybe I just suck, but I need those at the HIGHER mp levels. I can definitely drop a couple of skills for MP0-3, but I rarely play those.
Reply Quote
This is a build I've been working with for a little bit, haven't fine tuned it at all, but its a lot of fun.
I use weapon throw as a fury builder, since with into the fray and no escape you build more than you spend(but throw cost reduction mara's/belt doesn't hurt). Spend the huge amounts of fury on hota spamming, ground stomp helps cluster, though I'm going to be experimenting with leap when servers are back up. With spear+no escape+ high crit, you can build your fury on almost that alone. Its a lot of fun, been doing mp4 with it, and i went sword and board since hota makes up for damage loss somewhat. I think replacing ground stomp with leap will definitely help in those tough spots and should up survive-ability a lot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fZdYkR!YZf!ZYbZcY
Reply Quote
I'm using a DW -- HOTA build if you want to check it out.
Reply Quote
HAMMER OF ANCIENTS / THUNDERSTRIKE for me. Perpetually stuns all mobs infinitely until I'm done smashing them. Allows me to play MP6-7 with only 35K in HP

REND+BLOODLUST - to suck their life/rebuild mine while I'm smashing

OVERPOWER + CRUSHING ADVANCE - for initial melee reduction and incoming range attacks and an additional damage shot. Very useful when dealing with hard to kill elites or one-on-one tough guys

BATTLE RAGE + INTO FRAY - Crit Chance and Fury Booster

CLEAVE + REAPING SWING - Instant Fury if needed

WRATH OF BERSERKER + INSANITY - Super Buff with 2x DMG

I use a Skorn, so its almost impossible to permaWotB. I usually wipe out a mob, loot and then move on. I trigger WotB for all elites and HUGE Mobs with lots of range attacks.

Follower has Azurewrath/Azkaranth for lots of FREEZE chance and a PUZZLE RING for extra goblin goodness.

Max Magic Find gets me a couple of Legendaries usually per Act clearing in MP6.

This isn't a build for the guys that like to steamroll levels and leave items in their wake. I work one mob/room at a time and move on when there aren't any rares laying around. Its a more casual style and allows me to relax rather than play "intense"style. Just my preference. Its nice to be able to play MP6-7 with inferior gear/stats. Someone called me out the other day said there was no way I can play MP6 with that gear and so I made him a video to prove it. :) Its not a build for everyone, but so far, it works for my treasure hunting/casual enjoyment style.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]