Diablo® III

How to reach higher DPS?

Hi guys, I've built a defensive WD to the point that I can play in MP10 and rarely die but my DPS feels like it's stuck at 114K. At any given time I've had up to 20-40mil gold so looking in the AH things are way out of reach for anything that will add a bunch of DPS but even those items I loose a lot of life.

So.. what would be something I could aim for without loosing too much defence?

What I mean by defensive is I can pretty much stand there, take several mortars, walk through a few arcanes, take at least 1 hit from large monsters and not get 1 shot, stand in 1-2 desecrators, hang out in molten for a while or get freeze bombed and regen health while I'm getting hit.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 2/12/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you're really using that TOTD for norm gameplay instead of farming, you could easily upgrade to a regen/max mana 270 avg serpent
Reply Quote
View profile
It's no secret.

dps = crit chance/crit d/intel/ avg dmg.

Get more... get higher dps.

Weapon needs a socket or double crit
Ammy/bracers/helm can give you up to 22 crit chance and 100 crit damge. Get more.
Crit chance zuni pox with avg dmg
250 crit damage possible from your weapon/gloves...

Plenty of places for improvement... just save up some gold for them.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 2/12/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
You are lacking a significant amount of crit chance/dmg. This is where upping your dps will get expensive. You need cc on lacuni and/or ammy.

I can't be certain about your weapon but I think a weapon with lower dps but 175+ critdmg will output more dmg. Use a website like d3up.com to figure this.
Reply Quote
I was at your situation as i am a regen doc.
eventually you will have to drop some life regen realistically to increase your dps.
life regen is a wasted slot for other dps affixes if it affects your dps significantly.

at this stage of play. vitality > dps > life regen.

speaking of which i am selling my old regen gears :D

>> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909250884

so cheap i rub chilli into my eyes to divert the pain :(

edit : your all resist is too low.
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 2/12/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
One thing I've noticed is my damage right now is fairly balanced. What I mean is I had a little higher CC before and with DoTs if you don't land a hit on a crit the DoTs drain slower. I moved toward higher IAS at one point too and has it's side affects. It was cheaper to shoot up INT which was nice to get into higher DPS and increase AR at the same time but to try and feed in some CC is so expensive.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:49 AMPosted by pBeybq
so cheap i rub chilli into my eyes to divert the pain :(

sigh... I'm still no where near that :( one day I guess lol
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Blastronaut
If you're really using that TOTD for norm gameplay instead of farming, you could easily upgrade to a regen/max mana 270 avg serpent

I'll take a look at those again. Been a while.
Reply Quote
it's about money mate, rate is 60 bucks for 500 mio now, can get a very decent mana knife with LS and socket, almost 200% critD right there.
Reply Quote
SPEND MONEY!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]