Diablo® III

[Guide] The Cookie Cutter. (1.0.7)

03/13/2013 02:08 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
stan whats the next best spirit spender if ure in a group with monks and someone else already has overawe?

Theres a few choices depending on your gear.

-Time of Need + Guiding Light is a good choice
-Time of Need by itself is still great if you still need OWE
-Implosion is good if someone else already has Flesh is Weak
-Flesh is Weak is good if someone else already has Implosion or you're with a SnS Wizard

Actually, even if you need OWE, replacing Combination Strike with Guiding Light is still a great move. Your e/pdps won't change, but your friends will notice a nice boost :)
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 3/13/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Vrkhyz

Can you please look at my Bell build and let me know what is my damage per bell with the SOJ and Skull Grasp skill bonus. I used this build right now to farm MP6 and just drop bell from pack to pack and use TR to get there. Makes it really fast. My skills might not be the best so suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Profile below

D3up.com shows 4.174M or so with all your buffs active, but I'm not sure how they're calculating that figure, exactly. I eyeball it at a little higher than that but haven't taken a concrete look at it. Given that this number gets divided in three, the biggest number you should see for any part of the three-part hit is 1.3M and change.
Reply Quote
So after reading through the first 75% of this that was just meaningless bloat and finally getting to the build, I realized....there is no guide to gearing for this build?

How am I suppose to know what gear to purchase? I've been gone for months. I'm out of the loop, I need a more in depth guide.

DId I miss something?
Reply Quote
So after reading through the first 75% of this that was just meaningless bloat and finally getting to the build, I realized....there is no guide to gearing for this build?

How am I suppose to know what gear to purchase? I've been gone for months. I'm out of the loop, I need a more in depth guide.

DId I miss something?

what do you mean meaningless?
Humanity's existence IS meaningless, YOU are supposed to make meanings for your own self. :D There is no gear to this build because the gearing all applies to the standard being of the Monk class. You gear is supposed to act as the spine to all the builds of your choosing.

You are bumping a half-year old thread, this guild was written with a lore-centric perspective to ease the pain of the snapshot nerf we suffered in 1.0.7 at that time, and to preserve the old tradition. This build works with any gear because it is the ancient cookie cutter known since the dawn of D3.

Use it or explore your own.
Good luck.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 9/7/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dear namesake ;)

I was asking in the other thread, is the cookie cutter dead, and the style of punching/sweeping overtaken by more efficient builds like WOL or EP?
Reply Quote
heya namesake. >:)

There is life in the cookie cutter yet.
Before 1.0.7, it was the most prominent build of all, at 1.0.7, it faced an extreme downfall with the nerf of snapshot and the rise of Nirvana. But it was preserved and is still being used today. In the time to come, hopefully a balance can be achieved between Nirvana and Cookie Cutter, that is what we ultimately strive for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]