Diablo® III

What Boss will you do 1st ?

Why bother when the plans are 200k on AH>...

Not much longevity farming them.. Nice idea.... but having something like that farmed out within a day is not much fun. It coud have been so much better. Same idea but something better to drop that would make you rerun it again and again for months.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Aphraell

Reason why AH sucks
Reply Quote
View profile

Nice try, you. Inciting us to actually farm all the game huh?

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Let's not start talking crazy now.

Is there any plans to encourage us to do more random events :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Patch 1.0.5 and 1.0.7 added a lot of random event changes and made it so most of them give players 1 stack of Nephalem Valor when completed, can drop Demonic Essence, and (if they involve a special chest or unique monster) can drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor that you have. I think those are some good steps in that direction, but I would certainly be interested if you have any additional ideas.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
Patch 1.0.5 and 1.0.7 added a lot of random event changes and made it so most of them give players 1 stack of Nephalem Valor when completed, can drop Demonic Essence, and (if they involve a special chest or unique monster) can drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor that you have. I think those are some good steps in that direction, but I would certainly be interested if you have any additional ideas.

A start would be to let the mobs spawned in the events give experience (some do, some don't) and fix bugged ones like one of the act 4 side dungeons that has a blue pack that drops no loot (but gives NV stacks).

Also the Holy Sanctum should always have a Resplendent chest, its worthless otherwise because the mobs there give no xp :(

As for additional rewards, what about making the Purple monsters that spawn (and the random ones?) stronger than regular elite packs, but compensate with better drops.
Reply Quote

What about implementing quest rewards like...

- Adding a socket. (artisan Side quests)
- Random Affix roll change (have an item get re-rolled)
- Permanent Stat point increases. (pretty OP, and would be limited)

These are a few I could think of... am I off topic to what you asked?? lol...
Reply Quote

Increase the difficulty of events in Inferno, not just hp but the quantity of enemies.

Some events need to be revised (the one with the dervish in the haunted mine with cultists, such a bad event).
Reply Quote

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Let's not start talking crazy now.

I hear you Goatmen tend to hold your axes by the wrong end.
Reply Quote

Get a bonus NV stack for every 10 elite packs defeated.

Think that one through for a sec.

Edit: If you were to do something like this you should probably allow people to keep stacks in case they have to leave, disconnect etc as long as they don't change quest or MP before entering the game again.
Edited by bjornh#2928 on 2/13/2013 1:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
JAY wilson
Reply Quote

Not much longevity farming them.. Nice idea.... but having something like that farmed out within a day is not much fun. It could have been so much better. Same idea but something better to drop that would make you rerun it again and again for months.

I'll have to agree.
Reply Quote
lol...

I enjoy ritual repetition....

Act 3 - MP9

Keep 3/2 till 5 stacks.... Kill Fatty.

If I'm solo, I'll then make a B-line for the KW... stopping on my way to kill E's for Essences of course.

About 3 hours play last night... 65ish Essences and about 12 plans.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
I am going to start with all the mini bosses in Act I and do my best for linear progression from there. It is easier for me to remember what I have found that way, and I am hoping to eventually get them all.

What about fixing the Crafting system ? clearly patch 1.07 didden do anything good to sink the gold, as you pretty much said it would do.

Let the AH do its job. Reduce the gold cost on items crafted, then the demand for Reagent will rice and there will be more trades for reagents on the = the 15 % AH fee will do its job. (Reducing the ingame gold) Right now the 100.000 gold cost on fx the Amulet is to high. Its not worth crafting when the standard gold price is so high.

Implent the system "like" the Hoadric cube. Give us a system where it takes tons of crafting hours with a small chance to roll something big. Its like playing the lotto. Everybody plays and everyone enjoys the chance of getting something super awesome. But atm the ticket cost is to high = no one will play Lotto!!!
Reply Quote
First boss I did when I logged on was the classy breached keep so ghom and the damn dex ammy plans dropped and so did my mouth lol I'm a monk
Reply Quote
I do Act II:

Start up the quest to kill Zoltun Kulle
Waypoint to Desolate Sands
Kill your way to VoA (clear for demonic essences)
Port back to town
Waypoint to Zoltun Kulle's lair
Kill Zoltun Kulle
Rinse / Repeat
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
02/12/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
I am going to start with all the mini bosses in Act I and do my best for linear progression from there. It is easier for me to remember what I have found that way, and I am hoping to eventually get them all.

Sure you are lol.
Reply Quote
Agreed with the lack of exp from some monster events. Case in point...if you defend the catapults you get 0 exp from monsters that spawn in response to this. I never stop at catapults for two reasons. #1 the first two raise themselves and I don't need to be there to really guard the troops. and #2 because no exp from the monsters so skip it.
Reply Quote
I just did leoric to diablo

Took about 3 hours on mp5
Gave me 30 demonic essences
2 marquise emerald designs
3 razorspikes of intelligence designs
1 archon gauntlets of strength design
half a paragon level (5 bars on lvl 94)
and a crappy skull grasp which i promptly brimstoned

not bad?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]