Diablo® III

Unexpected Error Fix

This is a recurring problem for players in Asias playing on the Americas server.

- Go to your main Diablo 3 folder
- Edit Agent.db and Launcher.db using a text editor
- Replace all occurrences of "enSG" to "enUS"
- Save
- Start Game

*Note: You should only do this if you play on the Americas Server

*If you're DLing over 2 Gigs, try this -
- Go to folder ..../Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/
- Delete/Backup 3 mpq files with prefix enUS_* (these are the files the patch is trying to DL)
- Rename the 3 mpq files with prefix enSG_* to enUS_*
- Restart Launcher
Edited by Froix#1621 on 2/12/2013 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
then u have to download a 2GB language pack right ?
Reply Quote
Tried that .. Getting different error

"Internal Error"
Reply Quote
Yeah.. I'm not gonna touch that unless it's stated which lines should be safe to edit, don't want any problems to arise that will prevent me from being completely unable to start it up.
Reply Quote
Thanks. Now its patching.

@Nate
Just backup the files first before messing it up. hehehehehehe
Reply Quote
It worked.
Reply Quote
how to fix it !!! when players are from Australia and playing in Asia server .... please help
Reply Quote
how to fix it !!! when players are from Australia and playing in Asia server .... please help
Reply Quote
Worked perfectly, now patching. To the poster above me, read what that original poster said, it's not hard to figure out if you use a brain.
Reply Quote
Make note that this is a 2.5g update cos of the changes made in the file

If my memory serves correct the patch size may differ to some people
Reply Quote
This seems to work for AUS, but be sure and back up the files just in case... pretty sure I had to do this for 1.05 now I think about it...
Reply Quote
Tell me how to do this for mac.... not effing windows
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 05:05 PMPosted by xZrobe
Tell me how to do this for mac.... not effing windows


lol effing mac more like it.
Reply Quote
it worked for me, thanks op
Reply Quote
This is similar with mac, you can simply search for agent.db using spotlight.
Edited by ivan#6320 on 2/12/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
not working!
Reply Quote
help. didnt work for me.... in my agent.db there are "ensg" and theres "enSG" I replaced all instances of "enSG" and tried replacing the once with "ensg" lowercase too. Still not working. I also changed launcher.db already.

Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Failed to download information about the next patch. That's the error im receiving after replacing enSG to enUS
Reply Quote
hi.. am kind of a newbie in all this we can fix it ourselves problem since the support in Blizzard is clearly out of it on how to repair this patch problem.. 1st off I dont know where to look for the agent file.. i can only see the launcher file.. I hope someone can give me a tip as to where to locate this.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Hitokiri
Failed to download information about the next patch. That's the error im receiving after replacing enSG to enUS


Same...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]