Diablo® III

Gloves of Vitality instead of Intelligence?

I'm thinking it might be better for me to craft the Vit gloves instead of the Int ones, but I need to get clarification on something first.

Does the guaranteed Int roll on the new crafted Int gloves take place of the 1-200 Int roll that gloves can normally get?

If so, that means gloves of Int can (potentially) have the following:

*assuming max rolls, and assuming something suited for my own build*

1)- 230 Int roll

2)- 100 Int + 100 Vit roll

3)- 100 Vit roll

4)- 80 All Resistance

5)- 10% crit chance

6)- 50% crit damage

Totals: 330 Int, 200 Vit, 80 AR, 10 CC, 50 CHD

Now for Gloves of Vitality:

1)- 230 Vit roll

2)- 200 Int roll

3)- 100 Int + 100 Vit roll

4)- 80 All Resist roll

5)- 10% Crit Chance roll

6)- 50% Crit Damage roll

Totals: 300 Int, 330 Vit, 80 AR, 10 CC, 50 CD

So I'd lose 30 Int but gain 130 Vit.

I understand that it would take a lot more crafts to get something like this using the Vit recipe instead of the Int one, but if my assumptions are correct then I might go down this route.
Reply Quote
You are correct. Vit gloves will be the highest total number of stats possible because it increases the normal max vit by 130, while int and dex are only increased by 30.

Issue is gloves are dps items, with vit being pure fluff (and heroscore) so the luck factor will be insane to not lose a ton of dps in return for 'more stats'.

If your stat starved however it may be reasonable. I'm always super stat starved cause I have 0 stats on my amulet or bracers, so these craftables have a particular appeal to me if I can pull one off.
Reply Quote

Issue is gloves are dps items, with vit being pure fluff (and heroscore) so the luck factor will be insane to not lose a ton of dps in return for 'more stats'.

I play Meteor Shower/Blizzard/Forked Lightning, and IAS doesn't really do a whole helluvalot except for Forked Lightning, so that stat winds up becoming the "pure fluff" (or close to it) for my build. And since I don't rely on perma-CC like SNS, I need a lot of EHP for higher MP stuff.

It's gonna take some crazy luck for me to roll the pair I want or can live with, but I'm in no rush really. I look at items like this as end-game candidates, so having something to look forward to will (hopefully) keep me playing.

Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
If our theorycrafting about subbing out Vit for remediation is correct, maybe this IS the way to go on gloves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]