Diablo® III

Questions about the new plans

Hey guys, I was wondering what is the method most of you use for farming for plans. I currently do MP4, A3. I go through the Keeps until I get 5 stacks, then go after Ghom. Is this one of the more efficient methods?

Also, does the new Amulet plan drop just the same as the other new ones, or is it purchased somewhere?
Reply Quote
Starting at the Kill Ghom quest then walking backwards from Stonefort into Skycrown to get 5 stacks seems to be pretty quick. Usually only takes a couple minutes.
Reply Quote
Taken from patch notes:

These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world

Given that they drop randomly and I got 2 plans and neither came from a boss. I think the more efficient methods might be to actually go Elite hunting. Act 1, is pretty easy to find E's every 20 seconds or so because they are always in the same spots. Either that or Act 3 skycrown, core, and the usual start of KDepths 1, start of Kdepths 3, etc.

of course that's just what I think and 3 hours is an extremely small sample size.
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world and have a chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

so do ur usual farming route but keep in mind the mini-boss present in that act.
Edited by jikko#2214 on 2/13/2013 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been running keeps and then finishing with Ghom on like MP5 and MP6.

I've found 2 sets of plans.. one for amulet of vitality from an elite and one archons of strength which I found from a regular monster in the keeps.
Reply Quote
Cool, appreciate the help guys. I have found 2 from elites, and one from Ghom, but maybe elite hunting will be better off. At least that way, it will be more efficient Essence farming.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
from 1.07 patch notes:

Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world and have a chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

so do ur usual farming route but keep in mind the mini-boss present in that act.

As a further point of clarification: while those 8 sub-bosses have an increased chance to drop crafting plans when you have 5 stacks of Nephlem Valor, they do not have an increased chance to drop gem designs.
Reply Quote
And the drop chance of the plans on bosses also scales after Monster Power, here is the chart.

MP 0: 20%
MP 1: 23.2%
MP 2: 26.912%
MP 3: 31.218%
MP 4: 36.213%
MP 5: 42.007%
MP 6: 48.728%
MP 7: 56.524%
MP 8: 65.568%
MP 9: 76.059%
MP 10: 88.228%
Edited by Zyfoh#2357 on 2/14/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

As a further point of clarification: while those 8 sub-bosses have an increased chance to drop crafting plans when you have 5 stacks of Nephlem Valor, they do not have an increased chance to drop gem designs.

Does anything give an increased chance of those? And did I read that bit about the plans correctly to mean that the old plans are now 5 times as likely to drop as before the patch?
Reply Quote
I've found that Iskatu also seems to drop the plans quite often, so I normally just gather my stacks in act 3, then kill Azmodan, because you have to, to get to act IV and then kill Iskatu & Rakanoth. You can start on Kill Azmodan - The Second Heart if you want to kill Cydaea aswell.
Reply Quote

:(

The wording of the patch notes is very unfortunate. It almost implies that these bosses drop Marquise gem designs with the chance listed above. I've been farming Ghom just for the Marquise gem patterns, and while I assumed that the drop chance can't be correct in this list, as I haven't see any yet, I blamed my luck.

Oh well, back to my standard Act 3 route then. This makes 1.07 features even less interesting.
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

I think this making Boss's useful to farm again is Awesome. Only issue is that by the end of the week, most people will have all their plans and its pointless to kill the bosses again

Is there any chance of doing something similar in the future to kill bosses for some type of incentive reward that lasts months not days?
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/14/2013 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
my method of farming plans i think is the best as it includes 3 of the boses that drop plans and is really fast

so start at kill Cydaea on the way to her usually there are 3-6 elite packs if there are less than 5 go somewhere quick and get ur 5 stacks

kill Azmodan as a bonus boss :)

move to act 4 and kill the first miniboss (don't recall his name) he is not mentioned in the patch list but he drop the plans

now there is a straight line till Rakanoth once he's down exit game and repeat

going to Izual is a waste of time and above that u will hear Diablo's PMS voice alot of times
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Aphraell
Is there any chance of doing something similar in the future to kill bosses for some type of incentive reward that lasts months not days?
Reply Quote
View profile
Just buying plans from the AH. Too tedious to farm. Hell, the denomic essense is bad enough.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:10 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
Just buying plans from the AH. Too tedious to farm. Hell, the denomic essense is bad enough.

I think you're playing the wrong game if its too tedious to farm
Reply Quote
View profile
I bought almost all of them from the AH. it was way faster than grinding at MP 7

I did 10 boss runs with 5 NV stacks and no plans drop. So I got fed up and bought them.
Reply Quote
I prefer farming Maghda for the crafting plans. Start on the City of Blood/ Lair of the Witch quest, pop over to BCM for quick 3-4 NV stacks, then from the Road to Alcarnus WP to Maghda's front door you're bound to encounter another 1-2 elite packs to top yourself up. Takes less than 10 min per run, could be done even faster if you're running on low MP setting.
Reply Quote
i think drops are bugged. i got a plan (razorspike strength) off a white mob with about 1 or 2 NV on MP6.

or can they really drop from trash?

These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

That isn't clarification, that is correcting an error.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]