Diablo® III

Questions about the new plans

how about we add some kind of bonus for players that kill EVERYTHING in the act? and/or also for someone that completes the entire act story from the beginning?
Reply Quote
I've been doing 5-stack Cydea/Rakanoth runs for 2 days and the only time I've had plans drop is from Itskatu or trash mobs.

20% at mp0 my !@#%!!@#!@.
Reply Quote
Add iskatu to the list it might be a bug but he drops them very frequently...so frequently that the first day or 2 i've done cydaea - rakanoth. at least 16 times and iskatu is dropping just like those listed on the list of the mini bosses that are affected by mp lvl.
Reply Quote
I think this making Boss's useful to farm again is Awesome. Only issue is that by the end of the week, most people will have all their plans and its pointless to kill the bosses again

Is there any chance of doing something similar in the future to kill bosses for some type of incentive reward that lasts months not days?

i second this
Reply Quote
I did 12 Cydea- Iskatu runs today on MP2 and got the Dex glove plans and 4 Vit glove plans. I rolled the gloves on my DH first try. They're not great, but they're better that what I had.
Reply Quote
Best method to farm plans is farm your normal route excluding bosses, and buy them.
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world and have a chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

so do ur usual farming route but keep in mind the mini-boss present in that act.

As a further point of clarification: while those 8 sub-bosses have an increased chance to drop crafting plans when you have 5 stacks of Nephlem Valor, they do not have an increased chance to drop gem designs.

You forgot Iskatu, yes poor Iskatu, everyone forgets him! But he DOES indeed drop the new equipment plans!
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been doing 5-stack Cydea/Rakanoth runs for 2 days and the only time I've had plans drop is from Itskatu or trash mobs.

20% at mp0 my !@#%!!@#!@.
Ive been doing mp5 Cydea, prob killed her 30 times in 3 days, not 1 plan. I killed Ghom twice got a plan.

There is definitely some issues with the drop rates on bosses, they don't seem to be accurate whatsoever.

And don't tell me that 0/30 is bad RNG, that is no where near 50% drop chance.
Reply Quote
I've just been doing full Act 3 clears on MP7; I don't like how Monster Health skyrockets past MP7. Start at Ghom, go to Stonefort, work backwards, TP to town, WP to Stonefort, clear Stonefort, then go from Keeps 1 right to Azmodan (skipping most of the side areas except for a few events).

Why?

I get to clear all of the bosses, I kill a lot of elites for Demonic Essences, and since bosses don't have an enhanced chance to drop jeweler designs, killing trash and elites gives me a higher chance to get them.
Reply Quote
20% MP0 my !@#!
For the past 2 days i've done 25 kills in total on kulle, siege breaker, azmodan and cydea.
Not a SINGLE plan has dropped *ever* on any boss.
Doing this on hardcore before anyone suggests higher MP levels.

i really really hate d3 RNG ... this takes out all motivation and fun of this game.
It wouldn't be too hard to implement real statistical drop balance.

The same happened to me with uber-runs, i've had 100+ kills on MP5-MP8 with a total organ drop-rate of 8% (!) ... at that point i gave it up and will never ever do another $%^-ing uber-boss because there is no reward.

thankfully the plan-prices are dropping like a stone and i can just buy them off the AH in a few days. so much for "playing the game" - FAIL.
Reply Quote
Y'all are lucky, I keep doing my normal runs but including the mini-bosses and nobody shows up to the party. Skeleton king and Arannea are nowhere to be found...
Reply Quote
from 1.07 patch notes:

Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world and have a chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

so do ur usual farming route but keep in mind the mini-boss present in that act.

As a further point of clarification: while those 8 sub-bosses have an increased chance to drop crafting plans when you have 5 stacks of Nephlem Valor, they do not have an increased chance to drop gem designs.

dont you forget "the Gardian" (the boss before the butcher) ? i already droped a plan on him quite a few time
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/14/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Laurelynd
I prefer farming Maghda for the crafting plans. Start on the City of Blood/ Lair of the Witch quest, pop over to BCM for quick 3-4 NV stacks, then from the Road to Alcarnus WP to Maghda's front door you're bound to encounter another 1-2 elite packs to top yourself up. Takes less than 10 min per run, could be done even faster if you're running on low MP setting.

This is the run that I am currently doing, but my personal goal is to get a crafting plan from every mini boss, just for kicks. Maghda has been a little reluctant to drop the plans for me, but I am running it with no Monster Power for now. How many plans have you all found by farming?
Reply Quote
[quote]from 1.07 patch notes:

Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual

Does anyone know if the UBERS bosses can drop the plans as well? Or are they considered diff from the list above?
Reply Quote
how about we add some kind of bonus for players that kill EVERYTHING in the act? and/or also for someone that completes the entire act story from the beginning?

I know this is off topic, but this is a great idea. Maybe set a counter when you are under 20 monsters or something. Reminds me of Act 1 in D2 when you had to clear the Den of Evil and then the whole cave lights up!

Great for all the OCD perfectionists like me out there. Maybe the reward is like 20 bonus NV stacks so you can start farming the next act with 25 NV stacks~!
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Laurelynd
I prefer farming Maghda for the crafting plans. Start on the City of Blood/ Lair of the Witch quest, pop over to BCM for quick 3-4 NV stacks, then from the Road to Alcarnus WP to Maghda's front door you're bound to encounter another 1-2 elite packs to top yourself up. Takes less than 10 min per run, could be done even faster if you're running on low MP setting.

Wait, what quest? I don't see that one listed. "The Road to Alcarnus" maybe...?
Reply Quote
my method of farming plans i think is the best as it includes 3 of the boses that drop plans and is really fast

so start at kill Cydaea on the way to her usually there are 3-6 elite packs if there are less than 5 go somewhere quick and get ur 5 stacks

kill Azmodan as a bonus boss :)

move to act 4 and kill the first miniboss (don't recall his name) he is not mentioned in the patch list but he drop the plans

now there is a straight line till Rakanoth once he's down exit game and repeat

going to Izual is a waste of time and above that u will hear Diablo's PMS voice alot of times

This is exactly what I do. Start the "Kill Cydea" quest. I believe you mean Iskatu at the beginning of A4. This way you knock out Cydea, Azmodan, Iskatu, and Rakanoth before resetting (3/4 are plans droppers - assuming Iskatu counts, which many people have stated but hasn't been verified by a CM). Works now that NV carries over from one act to another in 1.0.7.

Also, I like to kill the keywarden in Stonefort, but that's optional.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]