Diablo® III

Demonic Essences Tradable?

IS this really a game breaker?...no no one cares about crafting still.

Duping items Yes, but trading essences no.

Yeah because why would anyone care about crafting certain BiS items now...
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Darkinsanity
Is that the reason the game is down right now? While you're at it, can you make the drop rates on Demonic Essence not suck? I watched Kongor craft 500 amulets and only one was decent, but still no tri-fecta or better.

What monster power level are you farming? I'm getting one just about every other pack on average, and I play MP7. Or are you just trolling? :P
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 2/13/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Vaeflare
The ability to trade Demonic Essences to other players is not intended, and we will be applying a hotfix in order to address this bug.
What do you intend to do with the people publicly admitting to exploiting this game breaking bug?
Reply Quote
Lol people are so up in arms about this. The servers are shut down and the bug is getting fixed, why don't you chill out and have some Lemonade while you wait?
Reply Quote
So therefore people like me who picked up one that another player dropped should be punished for an error on Blizzard's part?

I think not.
Reply Quote
Will you also be fixing shengs convo achivements,as stated 6 months ago?

*Shen

...and., it's fixed, which you would know if you were playing the game instead of trolling the forums.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:44 AMPosted by kenny
this is what happens when you leak the wrong bugs to the wrong ppl it didnt break any thing

It may not have broke anything but seriously the only ppl that are mad are the ones who exploited the bug/glitch or got a good profit from it. Either way exploited a bug.So reversal how does it break anything for it to be how Blizzard intended it to be? It doesn't but it does make you actually have to get all of the item on your own...qq because your exploit was short lived! GG
Edited by MYSTIKBLAZE#1690 on 2/13/2013 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
So much for a fix.

Hire some people that do code.
Reply Quote
Well, as we thought, no consequence at all for the abuser, I'll make sur to exploit them a lot next time another glitch is around.
Reply Quote
Really hopes it get fixed in this maint, plz do not give botters another easy moneymaker! And to those defending themself by saying they -could- have not be aware it was a exploit i call BS. Don't you think its odd you have to split them and drop em on the floor to make a trade? Ban all those people that abused of the glitch for 30 days, to let them think twice next time before trying to cheat...
Reply Quote
I can tell thease people code too....
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Barnak
Really hopes it get fixed in this maint, plz do not give botters another easy moneymaker! And to those defending themself by saying they -could- have not be aware it was a exploit i call BS. Don't you think its odd you have to split them and drop em on the floor to make a trade? Ban all those people that abused of the glitch for 30 days, to let them think twice next time before trying to cheat...

It's not fixed, it's in game right now, still.

What boggles the mind, is Blizz finally doing something to move the game from a 'buy it' to a 'find and/or craft it' model, and they play directly into the hands of people who rather buy than actually play.

It's laughable.

Edit, it seems you guys in NA are still in downtime?
To clarify, the EU game was accessible only after a few mins of down time and the bug is still live.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 2/13/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Vaeflare
The ability to trade Demonic Essences to other players is not intended, and we will be applying a hotfix in order to address this bug.

Is that what you've got the servers down for right now? Because I hate to be a nitpicker, but being able to shift-click drop and trade a bunch of supposedly BoA things is not remotely related to the AH or RMAH. If you could POST the damn things for auction, sure.

My guess, folks? They're still struggling to fix whatever was bunging up the AH this past week, and they may or may not apply the hotfix while the servers are down.
Reply Quote
i personally couldnt care less.. i dont use either auction house just let me play the game the way i wont to
Reply Quote
since DE are BoA (and no reason to believe at this time that will change). I do agree the drop rates should increase some.

Especially for BoA ... the higher rate of drops for DE the more goldsink they can create.

Example. You want to craft gloves. they only need 1 DE but need like 20 tears or something like that. You only farm MP0/1 and after an Act III run you might have 3 or so. that is 3 pairs of gloves and few resources consumed.

Now you start to double those numbers... the more DE you get you keep crafting with it. and you may end up buying tears and tomes to keep crafting. While those items are fairly cheap currently on the AH those may go up over time as well.

The amulet is more of a goldsink as it requires perfect square gems and brimstone and 100k gold which creates quicker goldsinks if you have to buy gems and the 100k gold per roll.

I feel the DE should be doubled IMO. but I feel it is set to where it is so people don't just craft like crazy and then stop. This will give it a little more longevity. However there should be a balance. I do feel the drop percentage numbers are too low at this point.
Reply Quote
View profile

Is that what you've got the servers down for right now? Because I hate to be a nitpicker, but being able to shift-click drop and trade a bunch of supposedly BoA things is not remotely related to the AH or RMAH. If you could POST the damn things for auction, sure.

My guess, folks? They're still struggling to fix whatever was bunging up the AH this past week, and they may or may not apply the hotfix while the servers are down.
The servers are not down, they've been up for awhile now. Exploit not fixed working as intended.
Edited by ImmortalKing#1296 on 2/13/2013 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:52 AMPosted by MimSiE
Is that the reason the game is down right now? While you're at it, can you make the drop rates on Demonic Essence not suck? I watched Kongor craft 500 amulets and only one was decent, but still no tri-fecta or better.

What monster power level are you farming? I'm getting one just about every other pack on average, and I play MP7. Or are you just trolling? :P

Not everyone can farm in mp7. Not everyone has the means to do it.

Alot of people are coming back or are just beginners, is that simple. Trying to make fun of people for not spending as much time and money in the game as you did only make you look bad.

As for this exploit, if the drop rate was better then you wouldn't see people even trying it. Why bother if everyone is getting them just as much as everyone else.

The drop rates do suck, they just made it hard to get for replay value.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]