Diablo® III

Demonic Essences Tradable?

02/13/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Gift

What monster power level are you farming? I'm getting one just about every other pack on average, and I play MP7. Or are you just trolling? :P

Not everyone can farm in mp7. Not everyone has the means to do it.

Alot of people are coming back or are just beginners, is that simple. Trying to make fun of people for not spending as much time and money in the game as you did only make you look bad.

As for this exploit, if the drop rate was better then you wouldn't see people even trying it. Why bother if everyone is getting them just as much as everyone else.

The drop rates do suck, they just made it hard to get for replay value.

So, where do you think the DEs that people are buying come from?
Reply Quote
To all you people saying punish them...What if people didn't know they were not intended to be traded? Why would you punish someone for this? Kinda ridiculous....
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Tiakatt
The ability to trade Demonic Essences to other players is not intended, and we will be applying a hotfix in order to address this bug.

Oh, that's much more informative than "to fix an issue affecting the gold and real money auction houses", thank you.

Dontcha think maybe fixing it before servers went live woulda been a better idea? or at least less stupid?
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Chaos3115
To all you people saying punish them...What if people didn't know they were not intended to be traded? Why would you punish someone for this? Kinda ridiculous....

to be fair I couldn't care less if they get banned or not, but if they don't I sure will abuse them like no one next time we get one, actually the bug is still working, people are buying it in mass, afterall, no consequence.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:22 AMPosted by GamerLCD
The ability to trade Demonic Essences to other players is not intended, and we will be applying a hotfix in order to address this bug.

There needs to be consequences for those who exploited the bug, especially people like kongor who publicly did it on stream.

You're a sorry person. Wah wah wah exploit Kongor, whoever the hell that is, wah wah wah.
Consequences? It was reported in the bug forums about a month ago yet it still made it to the live servers and a lot of people actually don't know about it.

That's the same as saying they accidently let a reveal map all bug and people used it thinking it was intended and them getting banned.
Reply Quote

Oh, that's much more informative than "to fix an issue affecting the gold and real money auction houses", thank you.

Dontcha think maybe fixing it before servers went live woulda been a better idea? or at least less stupid?

Yes, I do. But until I found that post there was no indication of what they were bringing the servers down for. The message about the downtime itself certainly did not say anything other than some vague stuff about the AH. The thank you wasn't for the fix (you're absolutely right, it should never have gone live with this bug, particularly as it was reported on the PTR for ages). It was for actually giving a small shred of information, which they too often seem a bit loathe to do.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 2/13/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:22 AMPosted by GamerLCD

There needs to be consequences for those who exploited the bug, especially people like kongor who publicly did it on stream.

false.

"how dare you not play the way I want to play, it's the way I choose to play and if you dont choose to play the way I choose to play you should be banned. I have internet integrity."

right. i bet you're one of those people who pulls in front of speeding cars to prevent them from passing you.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Vaeflare

But you all probably won't ban those who abused the bug and who knew it was exploiting and even admitted so while streaming, right?
Reply Quote
Infernal machine schematic + marquise gems can also be traded using same glitch... fixie fix...
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 02:19 PMPosted by dac

false.

"how dare you not play the way I want to play, it's the way I choose to play and if you dont choose to play the way I choose to play you should be banned. I have internet integrity."

right. i bet you're one of those people who pulls in front of speeding cars to prevent them from passing you.

Exploits have been the subject of banning before. So it would be inconsistent not to ban Kongor now.

Getting 500 DEs without actually killing elites is quite a shortcut.
Reply Quote
Personally, I've been reporting everyone that I see posting on chat that they are buying or selling DE. They KNOW it is an exploit and they don't care. So I report them. The chat gets flagged, blizz reads it and see's the person KNEW it was an exploit, and it's then up to blizz what they do about it. I certainly hope they ban these people. I doubt seriously they would perma-ban anyone (at least if it's their first offense), but they should still be banned for some time limit.

People that claim they don't know it's a bug....come on, really? It says right on the Demonic Essence box "bound to account". Duh? Don't try to get out of using an exploit by playing stupid.
Reply Quote
Well I just tried it <-|@^@|->

Im 99% sure they wont take retroactive action, but I bet they wont confirm that as it would incite more abuse before they field a fix.
Edited by RockumSockum#1845 on 2/13/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
imo, demonic essences should be tradeable. provides a means of gold for casual players to make gold selling their demonic essences if they chose to, and the items crafted with demonic essences are account bound, I don't see the point in making a crafting reagent account bound as well.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Gtss

Will you also be fixing shengs convo achivements,as stated 6 months ago?

As well as adding a defense for the trade expliots(especially with gold and macros to remove items)in game?

02/13/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Zangetsu
you really think they're going to track down everyone who shift clicked a stack of demonic essences and dropped them on the ground and ban them? lol

they baned over 2000 people for using the godmode archon

what makes you think they wont ban ppl here?

Because unlike you, I have a brain.
Reply Quote
A guy in a public game tonight dropped a essence and ported back to town. in the chat i asked why he droped it. there was no reply. I tried to pick it up but was un able to. after reading this tred I see it was a big thing. At the time didn't think anything of it. Wy did he not want the essence? This was before it shut down . Just my exsperiece if it helps.
Reply Quote
explain why you're playing this bad game
Reply Quote
Where's THOR and his ban hammer!
Reply Quote
lol @ the people saying ban the exploiters. This exploit in no way or form was game breaking.

That is all I have to say.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]