Diablo® III

After roughly 9 months, I finally killed Inferno Diablo

In a group, no less. Also, I earned the achievement, as well as my class achievement, yesterday. As a Demon Hunter, I was sick of dying over and over again, to the point where I took breaks.

I was one of those players in the category of "Stuck in a brick wall". Yeah, yeah, yeah, call me "bad" all you want, I was mashing CDs, which you can find on my Demon Hunter on my profile (As of February 13th, 2013), on MP0, which I thought was a nerfed haven. I was wrong, horribly wrong in fact.

What motivated me was a Rare Pants upgrade that I found in Act 3. I soloed Siege Breaker, Cydea, Azmodan, Iskatu, and Rakkanoth before I got in a group for Izual/Diablo. And I am a launch day player, hence the nine months in the title.

If I had the gear to comfortably farm MP1-10, I would gladly farm Act 3 to Paragon 100 if I wanted to waste away my life that much. But I wasted 9 months attempting to complete the game, I struggle on elite packs and its a miracle how I even soloed the bosses after Ghom and prior to Izual without requiring a group. To reach Paragon 100 is horribly daunting, I would need about 100-300k DPS without Sharpshooter to bother with the "Alk Route" in Act 3, because MP10 yields more EXP now than ever before.

What I can tell you, is this. This is not a "I am whining about how bad this game is" thread, as all of my Brick Wall problems stem from myself, not the game. I should be blaming myself for not ponying up the gold or the time to earn or buy gear, like that chance pants upgrade. This is not a begging thread, I just say "What if" and call it a day in one of the paragraphs.

I will look around for gear around the... 50-200k radius, because that is usually as much gold as I carry around. Not a tycoonist, that's for certain. I will probably be joining the Demon Hunter forums and looking for givaways in the way of gear to help begin to farm MP10.

Have a nice day, I hope the journey is worth it.
Reply Quote
Congrats!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Grats on your kill
Reply Quote
Congrats man! Well done.

I know your struggle. If you look at the demon hunter in my profile, i used that DH to beat inferno in 1.03.

Oh man...the number of times I died. I was so broke that ultimately i transitioned to "Ignores Durability Loss"

LMAO...oh those were the days!

I laughed, I cried...cried some more...

And then I beat Inferno and remembered what it was like to be a gamer again!
Reply Quote
Good job dude. Keep it up.
Reply Quote
Nice.. I still haven't kill Inferno Diablo yet.
Reply Quote
Now kill him hardcore
Reply Quote
grats. but farming mp10 is not feasible.

Focus on getting to around 3mp comfortably.
Reply Quote
Cheers, mate.

But if MP10 has 510% XP, but it takes you 50x longer to kill anything, it really won't help you get ahead. I would suggest sticking to content you can handle so you're not zerging down elites going broke from repairs. You can get tons of gold on each run if you do it without dying.
Reply Quote
Cheers, mate.

But if MP10 has 510% XP, but it takes you 50x longer to kill anything, it really won't help you get ahead. I would suggest sticking to content you can handle so you're not zerging down elites going broke from repairs. You can get tons of gold on each run if you do it without dying.

I have dreams about MP10, but I was thinking MP1 for babysteps. I had this theory at 1.05's launch that the higher you set your monster power, the exponentially better gear and money you get. I found out that was not the case, it just gives you more magic and gold find for ultra-exponentially (Diablo is 480m HP in MP10 solo, Phases 1 and 3) rising mob/elite/boss health and damage, so it would make sense to farm MP1 for Hellfire Ring parts. Also, I was zerging down elites going broke from repairs in MP0, that's how poor my gear is, and I take fault for not being a tycoonist.
Reply Quote
+1 great job:)
Reply Quote
Good job dude! Congrats on the kill, and even more congrats for no whining or crying!!!

I can probably dig up and upgrade or two for you, if you're interested... I don't play a lot of public style games, usually solo or with close friends and family - but send me a friend request if you want an upgrade or two...
Reply Quote
I hear ya dude. I've been working on leveling alts for the past two months so I haven't even beaten inferno Azmodan. And by "working" I mean playing 2-3 hours a week.

Haters gonna hate, this game is fun!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This is the WoW character that belongs to the Original Poster.
Reply Quote
Sweet man!

Actually im glad to see ppl congratulating this guyu instead of bein jerks. D2/D3 has more than enough of them.
Edited by Jaded459#1810 on 2/13/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What?!? A D3 forum thread without trolling, personal insults, or QQ.

*backs aways slowly

For real though congrats, see you in game!
Reply Quote
do you have 3.5% crit chance...?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]