Diablo® III

[Build] Disintegrate 1.08

@Hales: can you try another rune for storm armor? I think your ap cost reduction and regen can handle the -3 cost lost. I found that reflective armor and shocking aspect is a littel bit dmg boost
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Gorcsi
@Hales: can you try another rune for storm armor? I think your ap cost reduction and regen can handle the -3 cost lost. I found that reflective armor and shocking aspect is a littel bit dmg boost

yes it does do more dmg but my ap drains, very slowly. i also use this build when me and my buddy run ubers mp10. he also a sns. i want to beam at 221% intensify entire time (unless i have to rebuff) and i want zero downtime. power of the storm allows me to utilize zero ap (i also change temp flux to gc on ubers with his perma freeze for quicker kills, forgot to mention that)
Edited by Hales#1991 on 2/12/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback Hales. My Skorn was the last thing I figured was wrong with my equipment so that's really helpful advice. I'll see what I can find.

ZW
Reply Quote
So I decided to get away from archon spec and give your built a shot, Been running MP3 pretty easily and efficient. Any suggestion for my gear to improve first?
Reply Quote
Played quite a few rounds key farming in public games at the Dulgar Oasis at MP5 with your build. The only exception was I used Blood Magic instead of Force Weapon until I can buy some life steal. That was the far more fun than any build I've come up with. Tried trading out both Teleport and then Mirror Image for Crystal Shell but without Evocation & CM to reduce the cool down it just didn't help enough to keep it.

With only 8 mill in the bank now it looks like it'll be a while before I can follow your equipment suggestions but it's still manageable even though I'm still running around a bit. Biggest drawback so far is Reflects Damage without Crystal Shell but hopefully once I get some life steal that will get better.

I'm also tempted to try a different rune with Storm Armor. Since I'm running around some anyway I might not need the full AP mitigation that Power of the Storm is providing. I'll try that tomorrow.

@Bhxkazzam - Seems like your weapon attack speed is way too high for this to work. If you haven't run out of AP though then I guess it's not a problem.

ZW
Edited by ZombyWoof#1137 on 2/12/2013 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Bhxkazzam
So I decided to get away from archon spec and give your built a shot, Been running MP3 pretty easily and efficient. Any suggestion for my gear to improve first?

sure do. innas r horrible. horrible. get a lacunis for frw and low cc will work if u can get some all resis on them. u can make up for cc on tals ammy. u want a skorn with life leech. do that and ull see huge difference
Reply Quote
I came up with a very similar build to Hales, I was testing it out pre-1.07 and it was ... sort of viable, however with the changes to unstable anamoly and temporal flux it is now fully viable. I was able to carry a few guys through the Ghom fight on MP6 after they all died.

My variation:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ReQkjO!dUh!ZacbYc

Basically you're trying to play keep away using chaos nexus, calamity and mocking demise, and using disruption as a damage buffer.

My gear:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Enthropy-1518/hero/1533135

Happy testing.
Reply Quote
The biggest thing in this build is, that i feel, im a wizard. Recently switched from WD, tryed SNS, but the playstyle is fun for 1 hour, and boring after that. Archon was different, but you mostly hasve 2 spells, and forced to low mp.

This build rocks, efficency is quite good, but more important is, that it is a HUGE fun to play. Actually i was really surprised how useful mirror images are.
Reply Quote
And to add to this build i will show u pvp spec with almost same gears that worked well in ptr and tonight in pvp with patch.

spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQTjik!hdU!ZZaaab

my profile for tonight:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hales-1991/hero/292901

just switched skorn and ring. skorn because life leech has no point atm for this. reactive armor because my ehp is high enough to sustain the dmg if i take any. ring becaus eatm litany is the way to go
Reply Quote
Nice pvp build, but do you realy need the familiar? Would not be better to use crystal shell, or maybe slow time?

BTW? How is disintegrate oing in pvp? Im at work right now, will try it today.
Edited by Gorcsi#2166 on 2/13/2013 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice pvp build, but do you realy need the familiar? Would not be better to use crystal shell, or maybe slow time?

BTW? How is disintegrate oing in pvp? Im at work right now, will try it today.

worked really well on ptr. messed around in a couple games for about an hour last night and it seemed to work well here also. as far as familiar, i like it because everytime i cast hydras it also casts an extra 20% dmg bolt at the target. i suppose only thing i would change it to would be slowtime to synergize with illusionists but i dont tend to kite using dis. my play style is more of a "telestomp"
Reply Quote
I tried it too in brawling last night. It was huge fun. My EHP is a little low for pvp (474k with hp gem on helmet, and litany) Actually i found it, that i dont need the soj, because ehp was more important, but not sure in it right now.
Diamond shell helped me a lot instead of familiar, but with higher ehp familiar can work too, depends on the opponents. Tried Slow time too, but it looked just a skill waste, it does nothing.

Actually wizard is not that bad in brawling, as a everyone thinks. Every class has op skills, our is hydra and storm armor, but most wizard tried pvp in his 1h+source setup and high aps.
Storm armor shouts 3x harder with a skorn then with high as and 1h.
Channeling skills are good with 2h setup.
I think with high mitigation hp and 2h skorn wiz can be quite impressive in pvp.
Reply Quote
Well, you were right again. The groups I played with the first time were all wizards and demon hunters. This time around I played with more barbarians and was able to stand still more often thus needing the Power of the Storm rune to make myself a worthwhile contributor.

Still haven't been able to find an affordable Skron with life steal but it'll happen someday. Can see why it's such a desirable weapon property now that I'm not using Crystal Shell any more.

I'm not looking for a Stone of Jordan because I'd like to be wearing two Hellfire rings to make leveling go faster. Being able to play ML5 public games has done wonders for key hunting.

ZW
Reply Quote
I like this build.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 01:50 PMPosted by ZombyWoof
I'm not looking for a Stone of Jordan because I'd like to be wearing two Hellfire rings to make leveling go faster.

How you equip two hellfire rings? Btw, you have 2 ring slots. 1 helfire 1 jordan, but for me, the -5 disintegrate soj was really spectacular. Helped to solve AP problems in pve. PVP i dont need it, but it can help, if you need more dmg.
Reply Quote
Instead of mirror image, you can have Improved Archon. This will mean faster farm. Survavibility is not an issue if have good LS weapon. I'm also using Glass Canon instead of Blur, and Unstable Anatomy instead of Illusionist. Check my profile.
Reply Quote
Yes you can use archon, but the whole point of the build is not to use it. Archon can not teleport, just with teleport rune, and that is 1 teleport in every 10sec maybe.

Illusionist is nice defense,with mirror image, but the main reason is to have wormhole back from CD.

But both work, if you prefer Archon, you can use it.

Another thing is, that this build works in mid mp5-6 great with 120k unbuffed dps. Archon will fail in that mp.
Edited by Gorcsi#2166 on 2/15/2013 4:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 03:00 AMPosted by Gorcsi
I'm not looking for a Stone of Jordan because I'd like to be wearing two Hellfire rings to make leveling go faster.

How you equip two hellfire rings? Btw, you have 2 ring slots. 1 helfire 1 jordan, but for me, the -5 disintegrate soj was really spectacular. Helped to solve AP problems in pve. PVP i dont need it, but it can help, if you need more dmg.

Cuz I'm essentially a noob and don't know better? I only have one hellfire at the moment and thought I'd be able to equip two and get double the 35% experience bonus. You saying I can't equip two hellfire rings or that I'll only get one of the 35% bonuses? That would certainly change my strategy if that's the case.

ZW
Reply Quote
[quote="79222800077"]

Cuz I'm essentially a noob and don't know better? I only have one hellfire at the moment and thought I'd be able to equip two and get double the 35% experience bonus. You saying I can't equip two hellfire rings or that I'll only get one of the 35% bonuses? That would certainly change my strategy if that's the case.

ZW

Only 1
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 04:35 AMPosted by frailheart
Instead of mirror image, you can have Improved Archon. This will mean faster farm. Survavibility is not an issue if have good LS weapon. I'm also using Glass Canon instead of Blur, and Unstable Anatomy instead of Illusionist. Check my profile.

didnt want to use archon because i want to tele. and on higher mp's i would rather stand still channeling, tanking dmg, rather than have to move because i am using glass cannon and not blur. only time i want to move is if i get frozen/jailed on des and need an escape. also on higher mps illusionist will save me alot more than UA. (unless u mean pvp but i use both illusionist and UA there)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]