Diablo® III

[Build] Disintegrate 1.08

02/15/2013 09:54 AMPosted by ZombyWoof

How you equip two hellfire rings? Btw, you have 2 ring slots. 1 helfire 1 jordan, but for me, the -5 disintegrate soj was really spectacular. Helped to solve AP problems in pve. PVP i dont need it, but it can help, if you need more dmg.

Cuz I'm essentially a noob and don't know better? I only have one hellfire at the moment and thought I'd be able to equip two and get double the 35% experience bonus. You saying I can't equip two hellfire rings or that I'll only get one of the 35% bonuses? That would certainly change my strategy if that's the case.

ZW

yeah man, sorry but u can only equip 1 hellfire at a time. use -5 dis soj trust me
Reply Quote
i've been trying your build but i run out of ap very fast, even with with -4 soj, any advices?
thank u in advance
Edited by MacacoCaco#1683 on 2/15/2013 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your attack speed is too high. That's why he recommends using a Skorn.

ZW
Reply Quote
Been tr5ing to get something like this to work wihtout a skorn. Big dps loss to get rid of witching hour for tal belt.
I added blizzard and cold blooded. Seems to works well. I do run out of AP though if I constantly miss hitting things. Otherwise the APOC seems to keep things going. Blizzard seems to proc the APOC well too. Mostly cause my aps is too high.
Good fun alternative to the CM I was playing.
Way easier with others than on your own.
Reply Quote
Yes, apoc and blizzard works. My only problem with this build was the low dmg. After spiceing your original build up with cold blooded instead of blur and blizzard instead of mirror image, i found it a little better.

Dmg is significantly more, and the survival was better without blur. Sounds strange, but let me explain why.

Becouse blizzard and disintagrate and the lovely LS. If u cast blizzard on top of yourself against nagas in act2, as soon as they hit you, blizzard hits them and stormarmor and disintegrate (with +20%dmg from cold bloooded)

The key to better survival was more dmg. That is the beauty of life steal.
Reply Quote
hey ive been trying to run ur build but i die quite often. I wanna run wo ls skorn-my dam is around 120k, my armr at around 3k with ar around 450 unbuff. does it need to b way higher than this? thx for the input.
Reply Quote
I just tried out the blizzard / cold blooded idea as well. I just bought a cheap axe (1 mil) with life steal so my DPS dropped a good deal. Since I keep getting outbid on decent Skorn's with life steal I wanted to give it a try and 1 mil won't set me back too far.

First problem I ran into was only Snowbound kept my AP from draining so I'm dealing with only the basic blizzard. Second was anything that moved / teleported at all went outside of the area effect. Third was now my Illusionist passive wasn't doing "double duty"any more and I couldn't get out of being trapped and frozen as much as I would of liked.

Good idea but as stated it is dependent on APoC to use a decent blizzard rune which I don't have. Should I get some in the future I'd like to try this again.

ZW
Reply Quote
I'm just getting back into the game so I have very limited funds. With that said, I used up everything I had and got my current gear. Any suggestions? I'm working on keys now to get my hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
Was testing some of the ideas in this thread. The thing I noticed is that Power of the Storm Rune is absolutely essential for this build to work.

Using POTS means all you need is a -5 Disintegrate SOJ to make it work and it's working very well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ReQkTS!hdU!ZacbZZ

The build may not be as effective as archon at clearing lower MP's nor is it as effective as CM/SNS for higher MPs. I've tested this build pretty extensively since 1.07 and I'd say its pretty viable up to MP8 where I start to hit a pretty serious EHP gear check and I'll admit right now I'm hoovering around 200k which is low.

The reason I like this build is that it just has a completely different feel; relying on purely on deception, slows, and well timed teleports rather than perma freezing (with CM) or melting everything (with archon).
Reply Quote
Blizzard can definitely have some issues with teleporters and fast moving or ranged attackers. On the plu side it slows them down.
Not having teleport or mirror image can mean that you end up in some sticky situations. I altered my build q bit last night cause I kept dying to things like phasebeasts. I think I countered it pretty well.
Bought a SOJ wiht Disintegrate reduction which meant I could change some skills that were prodcuing AP.
Swapped the following:
Storm Armour to Energy Armour for defense.
Power Hungry to Glass Cannon, damage to make up for storm armour damage lost, defenses remain improved even after the reduction.
Magic weapon rune to the life steal one,

Only real issue now is frozen. Everything else up to around mp5 or 6 I can just face tank because of the lifesteal generated.

My defences are high though cause my main build is a Cm wiz. Ithink I run around with nearly 6k armour, 650 resist alland about 42k life.
Reply Quote
I had been messing around with ray of frost and black ice for a couple days now.. I really like it against trash but against champs it doesnt work so well due to AP.
Reply Quote
I played a continuous disintegrate build for a little while but had people keep telling me it wasnt viable and the only way to play a wiz was cm/ww or archon, so im really glad to see that this is not the case because this type of build was by far my favorite.
@ Hale you have very impressive gear, i got a couple questions tho,
1) does the atk speed bonus on your gear effect you AP use much?
2) is the 2 AP/sec bonus from the Tal's set necessary, or are there other ways to keep AP cost down/regen up?
3) about how much did your build cost? (i know this is hard to answer and depends on lots of things, but a ball park number would be much appreciated)
Reply Quote
I played a continuous disintegrate build for a little while but had people keep telling me it wasnt viable and the only way to play a wiz was cm/ww or archon, so im really glad to see that this is not the case because this type of build was by far my favorite.
@ Hale you have very impressive gear, i got a couple questions tho,
1) does the atk speed bonus on your gear effect you AP use much?
2) is the 2 AP/sec bonus from the Tal's set necessary, or are there other ways to keep AP cost down/regen up?
3) about how much did your build cost? (i know this is hard to answer and depends on lots of things, but a ball park number would be much appreciated)

1) yes i tested out how much atk speed i could use without having to lose ap and to maximize des ticks. 1.27 is the magic number i have 1.26
2) yes the +2ap/sec is needed to lose no ap while casting at my atk speed
3) i dont mind sharing prices i paid for gears. it was very expensive but i wanted to get alot more than 500k ehp (mine is 593k atm) in order to facetank
helm: 189mil
shoulders: 230mil
chest: 178mil
neck: 690mil
gloves: 400mil
bracers: 1,350bil
belt: 100mil
litany: 15mil
soj: 200mil
skorn: 600mil
pants: self found
boots: 500mil
Edited by Hales#1991 on 2/19/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yo hal

First off, thank you. I am going to be attempting to build this.

One question...
Have you tried this build in PVP? I have a feeling with the reduced melee damage and the constant sustained energy output; this might just be the answer to handling large ehp epeen barbs.

Also what is the proc rate for Disintegrate? It would be cool If I could stack some affixes and the beam could be used to freeze, stun, blind, slow the apposition. Also since Life Steal is kinda useless in pvp, Im thinking stacking LOH with Life Regen might be the answer.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/19/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yo hal

First off, thank you. I am going to be attempting to build this.

One question...
Have you tried this build in PVP? I have a feeling with the reduced melee damage and the constant sustained energy output; this might just be the answer to handling large ehp epeen barbs.

Also what is the proc rate for Disintegrate? It would be cool If I could stack some affixes and the beam could be used to freeze, stun, blind, slow the apposition. Also since Life Steal is kinda useless in pvp, Im thinking stacking LOH with Life Regen might be the answer.

yes i have. i use reactive armor, hydras and arcane orbit (instead of magic weapon/sparkflint). i also picked up a really nice int/vit skorn. i switch blur to UA. works really well. i roll with no life steal or loh in pvp but have 1400 life regen. my hp is 67k, all res 1041, with 171k dmg. very rarely does UA go off/needed so blur is a very nice fit also. UA is needed though with other wiz's wd's and dh's
Edited by Hales#1991 on 2/19/2013 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Hales,

If you have any backup Tals set gears that your willing to sell, let me know....

Edit:
nvm, went on a Shoppin Spree last night.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/21/2013 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just for your note: Tal 4set bonus is not required if you have 9 apoc.

I think storm crow is a nice choice here. 8% lightning dmg with skorn(black weapon) and 4% elite dmg is nice too.
You can have 6% crit too, its not that expensive.

Negatives: you can not have more then 99 int, no socket, and no all rez.

The key is to have high mitigation all rez and armor, high life steal and high dps. Dps is a realy important defensive stat with 5%+ LS (and maybe blood magic) You need just enough life to nt get 2-3 hitted. If you start dpsing, life will regen like crazy.

Actually this build has really high effective dps. I like my modification of it. (See my profile)
Reply Quote
If you run into AP problems for some reason use Living Lightning (+ Arcane Dynamo while you are at it).
Reply Quote
Just for your note: Tal 4set bonus is not required if you have 9 apoc.

I think storm crow is a nice choice here. 8% lightning dmg with skorn(black weapon) and 4% elite dmg is nice too.
You can have 6% crit too, its not that expensive.

Negatives: you can not have more then 99 int, no socket, and no all rez.

The key is to have high mitigation all rez and armor, high life steal and high dps. Dps is a realy important defensive stat with 5%+ LS (and maybe blood magic) You need just enough life to nt get 2-3 hitted. If you start dpsing, life will regen like crazy.

Actually this build has really high effective dps. I like my modification of it. (See my profile)

Can you link your profile? its not showing up.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Pillz
Can you link your profile? its not showing up.

Profile is in EU.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gorcsi-2166/hero/16175800
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]