Diablo® III

Upgrading gems inevitable?

Does anyone else feel like upgrading to marquise emeralds are going to be inevitable? Don't know if I should just do it now or wait it out -.-
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 07:19 PMPosted by MrNastyTime
inevitable

Looks good to me.
Reply Quote
I don't intend to bother. If I ever get to the point where I cannot possibly find a better piece of gear ever, than I will consider it. Ha.
Reply Quote
the only thing holding me back is the 'acount-bound'..
Reply Quote
the only thing holding me back is the 5 mil desocket cost
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:03 PMPosted by november1093
the only thing holding me back is the 5 mil desocket cost

Is it really 5 mil?
Reply Quote
Fine, I did it! Don't judge me!
Reply Quote
For weapons it's an obvious no-brainer, the cost of a Marquise is rather tiny compared to actual gear upgrades once you approach the 200K DPS barrier.

For armor... eh, a lot more trivial.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 2/13/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
For weapons it's an obvious no-brainer, the cost of a Marquise is rather tiny compared to actual gear upgrades once you approach the 200K DPS barrier.

75k elite kills jesus you are by far the highest I've seen! Congrats sir! Yeah I figured why not it was going to happen one day or another.
Reply Quote

75k elite kills jesus you are by far the highest I've seen! Congrats sir! Yeah I figured why not it was going to happen one day or another.

Believe you me, that number is more disturbing to me than to you.

Also, when I saw your marquise's in every armor slot, I kind of went:

( •_•) Looks like you...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) ...iced your grill.
Reply Quote

Ermm... that Edmericanpie guy has more elite kills than him at 86k plus LOL
Reply Quote

Ermm... that Edmericanpie guy has more elite kills than him at 86k plus LOL

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shonrii-1206/

Just sayin'. As for myself, I've gone months without playing because, you know, Diablo 3, so I'm not surprised.
Reply Quote

Believe you me, that number is more disturbing to me than to you.

Also, when I saw your marquise's in every armor slot, I kind of went:

( •_•) Looks like you...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

Lol literally just went broke upgrading all my gems just got the amethyst out of the way too. 153k elites good lord I'm pretty sure he/she takes the cookie on this one!
Reply Quote
Just look on the bright side. You're done with gems until Blizzard releases Wrath of the Leah, with new 10 gold gems that have +100 to all stats.
Reply Quote
The gems themselves look sweet too :3
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Zeriel
Just look on the bright side. You're done with gems until Blizzard releases Wrath of the Leah, with new 10 gold gems that have +100 to all stats.

And it'll probably ONLY cost 100m+3 marquise gems to craft! Yes! =P
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 01:18 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
The gems themselves look sweet too :3

They remind me of the old second tier of gems in D2. Forget the name, the ones right above chipped. Flawed?
Reply Quote
I was compelled to make a marquis cause I was so close to 200k and saw no means besides pLvl 20 times to reach my goal without spending 500M for an upgrade.

Socketed my Fist of Legend and now sitting at 200,586 Damage. Skeptical about making another since I have met my goal but most likely inevitable. :)
Reply Quote
( •_•) Looks like you...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

LOOOOL
Reply Quote
Wow Marquis in every slot McNasty style!!

I thought I felt decadent icying out my FoL! You sir are the OG rapper of D3! You got 640M on it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]