Diablo® III

PvP Experts Challenge {OPEN}

UPDATE:

THis challenge is now open again! more info soon

===============================

Offering a PvP experts challenge

Rules:
- enter arena at the same time.
- no need to say "go", every death in arena counts.
- first to 10 kills, or most kills after 20min wins.
- no leaving arena for any reason
- no macros

Every thing else goes

To challenge me simple add me as a friend in game under my btag CHUCKNORRIS#1885 and msg me when you see me online.

Also accepting all tournament invites.

If you defeat me in a legit match you will have your name immortalized in this thread and also earn an invite to upcoming pro tournaments.

Any one is welcome to challenge but be warned; 98.5% win rate in ptr in over 200 expert duels against the worlds best.

Currently 572 wins - 3 loss's in live.

UPDATE: im cutting down on my play time. I wont be on that much any more. If you would like to play me post your battle tag and ill do my best to add you at some point.

glhf
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 5/18/2013 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
alright had to go to public games to find some matches so competition wasnt that high today.

43-0 for the day.

closed for the night
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/13/2013 4:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Open
Reply Quote
I was going to challenge you then I saw your profile and realized you are on like GOD Tier gear lol
Reply Quote
I was going to challenge you, but I had to change my pants when I viewed you character.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Beau
I was going to challenge you then I saw your profile and realized you are on like GOD Tier gear lol

Yeah Chuck is in the top 0.01% of the PVP scene, only players like Slackjaw, Myon, Revrac, etc. can probably beat him. I would be lucky to get 1 kill out of perhaps 10-20 tries lol.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I think according to the rules set, I have a chance to stalemate Chuck with my Barb. All I need to do is enter the arena and kite for 20 minutes with sprint lol. I would lose if I died even once but after 20 minutes (or until Chuck rages in fury at me) maybe I can call it a draw lol!
Reply Quote
wanted to get a match with those dh in ptr since I havent lost to a dh ever. Just added them in live.

Any way closed for the night. still had to get most of my matches from public games today.

104-0
Reply Quote
Got your invite Chuck, I'm waiting on a replacement mouse to replace my broken one in a couple of days, then I'd be happy to duel you.
Reply Quote
open
Reply Quote
Ha! i just saw this. GG, ChuckNorris, you have quite a beast of a witchdoctor. Nice guy to boot.

If i can make 1 suggestion to your rules, though, maybe 1 exit per death? Reason i say this is mostly for monks as they start off with half spirit and not an easy way of regen before the match starts. It's kinda skewed unevenly if they can't even use any skills outside of popping a mantra after death.
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 2/14/2013 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
closed

155 - 0

puddinghead if you fight me on my rules ill fight you on yours as well. But realize you can gear your monk with over 18 passive spirit regen per second and about 12/s without much gimping. There are ways every class can do well under my rules with the right, strategy build and gear.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/15/2013 4:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
It was merely a suggestion, it's your dueling thread -- make the rules however you please. My intent wasn't to challenge your rules but to possibly bring awareness.

That being said, i'm up for a challenge :-). Let's give it a whirl... It'll have to be next week sometime as i'll be out of town this weekend.

Math crap below since I do feel like I have a good sense of my own class and that, if possible, I should stand up for some generalizations. I wouldn't bother reading any further if spirit regen. options don't pique an interest. :-P

For future reference:
26-ish spirit per sec is the absolute max
22-ish spirit is max passively
12-ish spirit is typical tempest rush setup (that's even the occasional mp0 death)
8-ish spirit is what i run at...usually.

'Gimping' is relative. Even at 12 spirit regen per second it'll take nearly 19 seconds from what monks start at after death for their spirit to be full. At 8 spirit regen., I've already tied up 2 passive slots, 1 active slot, and 1 out of the three possible armor slots for spirit.

[2.5(helm) + 2.33(xeph) + 2.5(SoJ) + 2.5(daibo) + 3(MoH) + 2(Chant) + 1(exalt) + 3(inner storm) .33(set bonus)] * 1.35 (guardian path)
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 2/15/2013 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
As another monk who understands the limitations of the resource mechanisms, I would say your "no leaving arena for any reason" rule is definitely skewed against monks, who do not regenerate spirit quickly, and use massive amounts of spirit for any pvp skill.

Perhaps a more fair rule for all classes would be after every death, both duelers (brawlers) exit the arena and re-enter for the next fight. This way, both fighters are entering with full hp, and full resource.
Reply Quote
Chuck, as someone that has dueled you on your rules before. I want to say that not being able to exit after you die/ or win, is a serious disadvantage to monks. Because if you die in a first match, you need to pop a mantra for 50 spirit, then you are left to run for your life until you get enough spirit until you can attack. This long time put you at a serious disadvantage.

02/15/2013 04:22 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
puddinghead if you fight me on my rules ill fight you on yours as well. But realize you can gear your monk with over 18 passive spirit regen per second and about 12/s without much gimping. There are ways every class can do well under my rules with the right, strategy build and gear.

Taking any passives for spirit regen is gimping. I don't know how you define much gimping. But from my point of view

2.5(helm) + 2.33(xeph) + 2.5(SoJ) + 2.5(daibo) + 3(MoH) + 2(Chant) + 1(exalt) + 3(inner storm) .33(set bonus)] * 1.35 (guardian path)

Out of the available passives/ skills:
1. Xeph amulet (2.xx spirit regen), huge dps loss, and EHP loss
2. Diabo, huge dps loss, compared to Skorn
3. it's also impossible for monk to get a mantra, and inner storm, as alternative because it would require 125 spirit to boost up those two skills if you happen to die during fight.

So, as a monk. This is a huge gimp for us.
Reply Quote
thanks for sharing the spirit info. didnt know it could that high even though I used my monk quite a bit in pvp. I am not changing the rules for this challenge but I will extend the offer to any monk that if you duel me on my rules I will also duel you on yours.

I know the tournament and league rules being worked on atm are considering a hybrid rule set where you leave to reset everything every second or third death.

In my opinion monk is in fact one of the strongest pvp classes and is ballanced vs wd and can get a win against wd on my rules. in ptr 2 of my 5 losses were against monks. I think monk will get a lot better in pvp over time as certain play styles gain popularity.

Drac I think your mind set that taking any resource regen passive is gimping is quite detrimental for your own sake. and this belief is in fact more gimping than you realize.

there is no question that wd has better resource generation than monk for pvp but I think this is ballanced by the dmg output that each can achieve in the arena. For pvp on my wd the most dmg I can output in 1 second is around 1200 weapon dmg where as on my monk I can put out around 7000 weapon dmg in one second.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/15/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
As I said above, I'd be more than happy to give it a try to see the difference. Maybe through it all we can figure out a happy medium. Also, thanks to Borrowedtime and Dracolich on the support.

The issue isn't our spirit generation during the actual duel. The issue is the fact that we start with generally only 75 spirit (30% of our max spirit if we're running exalted), 50 of which goes straight to the mantra. As Dracolich said, that leaves us a period at the beginning where we literally cannot do anything except run. Granted that we're not range, running doesn't do us any good against a range class. If we got full spirit to begin with after each death, I don't believe we would be having this conversation :-P.
Reply Quote
open
Reply Quote
OP

Leaving the arena should pose no issue, if you do not wish players to start fresh each round, seems a waste of a duel.

But to each their own. Enjoy your duels.
Reply Quote
gg Sino for breaking my win streak!

got a bit too baked n didnt realize I was using wrong gear and build lol but I managed to redeem myself in the rematch.

181 - 1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]