Diablo® III

Waller-Frozen-Jailer

Followed by an elite group with Waller-Jailer-Arcane Enchanted.

Am I sensing a theme here?

Edit: Then followed by jailer-frozen-shielding-mortar. Arrgh! At least they dropped me a Manajuma knife.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 2/11/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea I've run into those a lot. Annoying.
I keep running.
Lots of acid rain and WoS at max range, dogs keep em busy.

Fire chain ghosts are annoying too because they can go through solid terrain and surround you, slow you down, and in some cases 'freeze' or 'jailer'.
Reply Quote
Yeah I go RoT and AC and then I kite trying to get a SH in, and then bear them down.

Of course I have a Proc build so I freeze them some back. Just results in longer fights.
Reply Quote
I just ran into ghosts in the woods with mortar, frozen, arcane, and vortex. They can fire all of that while completely immune inside the walls. Mortars coming from invisible enemies?!
Reply Quote
Waller's are real !@#$%^-s when using bears
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:31 PMPosted by danitefox

Why is this? I love waller affix with bear builds. I can run int he open and when they cast a 'U' shaped wall it allows me to sit in a corner of the wall and channel all the bears single file directly into the elites.

Wallers are really only a pain when you are in a small enclosed area like keeps lvl 2 or something.
Reply Quote
Posted by danitefox

Why is this? I love waller affix with bear builds. I can run int he open and when they cast a 'U' shaped wall it allows me to sit in a corner of the wall and channel all the bears single file directly into the elites.

Wallers are really only a pain when you are in a small enclosed area like keeps lvl 2 or something.

Yeah Waller can be good and bad. The best thing to do is keep moving until you get in to an optimal spot. I have been shut down by waller because I end up spamming bears into the wall. Its one of those affixes that you gotta pay special attention to.

Jailer frozen can be tough too because you can't run away from frozen while jailed. Always run out of frozen range as soon as you see the cast or you risk being jailed on top of it. The best option is to save your spirit walks and use them wisely.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:40 AMPosted by ImpKing
The best option is to save your spirit walks and use them wisely.

True. You have no choice but to save your SW for breaking jail or frozen. Then the battles become much more strategic. My point was, that isn't one or two of these affixes enough? Walls, jails, and frozen? Arghh!
Reply Quote
I'll take that over pre-1.0.7 RD anyday :P
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:12 AMPosted by ofgortens
I'll take that over pre-1.0.7 RD anyday :P

fast invulnerable minions anyone?
Reply Quote
I have my anti-RD build going for MP8 right now, Bad Medicine, life link dogs,and Jungle Fortitude. Hopefully when 1.7 hits, I can be less defensive in my skill choices.
Reply Quote
If I made a game and the first pack had RD, 90% of the acks will have it after that.

If I make a game and the first pack doesn't have RD, then none will have it later on.

Random? I say nay!
Reply Quote
I dont know if just me, those arcanes are longer and spins quicker, played a few public games, molten/arcane everywhere, did they change something that we dont know?
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:21 AMPosted by ImpKing

Ah, back to the early days, that was fun trying to kill the elite leader with all those invulnerable minions blocking for them.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:01 AMPosted by skywalkerfx

Ah, back to the early days, that was fun trying to kill the elite leader with all those invulnerable minions blocking for them.

Oh man using darts was a real challenge, i actually liked that affix and cant understand why they would get rid of it, especially with the dificulty lvl of the game now.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Gold15
Oh man using darts was a real challenge, i actually liked that affix and cant understand why they would get rid of it, especially with the dificulty lvl of the game now.

I guess they had to have a reason for making RD, because I certainly don't remember RD being around in the early days. And if it was, it wasn't bugged like it is now.
Reply Quote
Id still rather have fast invuln minions than ref dam post 1.07.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:36 AMPosted by XFasX
I dont know if just me, those arcanes are longer and spins quicker, played a few public games, molten/arcane everywhere, did they change something that we dont know?

I did a couple of runs last night and noticed this. I had like 8-10 arcane lasers going at once. Molten was very common too.
Reflect was dumbed down, but are some of the other affixes worse now?
Reply Quote
I get a lot of CC combos.

I don't mind arcane/desecration/plague eating at me because Acid Rain will keep me up. But lord the CC makes LoH and Spirit walk useless.
Reply Quote
did a couple of runs last night and noticed this. I had like 8-10 arcane lasers going at once. Molten was very common too.Reflect was dumbed down, but are some of the other affixes

that's about right, worse combination is jail/freeze + molten plus arcanes........molten is way worser, arcane is weaker, but it numbers more. those molten last a lot longer than before.

Another aspect is those combinations have a negative effect in fps, if you have one or two CM wiz in your team --> big lag due to graphical difficulty (I lower mine to 80fps in foreground and only 10fps in background, still.............)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]